Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• formerly very helpful

Re: Innovations Closing in Feb 2013

If this is true, since I won't be going before February, it means I've been on Innoventions for my last time alrready!! Yay!!

However, I've learned to be cynical about any and all Disneyland rumors until after they come to fruition. (Remember Westcot?)

If it means anything, I've spoken with several castmembers about Innoventions closing, and NONE of them "knew anything about it."

So I guess it could be true.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    However, I've learned to be cynical about any and all Disneyland rumors until after they come to fruition. (Remember Westcot?)
    Never forget..

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I only like rides closing when they are already starting construction of the new ride. Sure, Innoventions isn't something people go to Disneyland for, but that means 400 extra people are on other rides instead of inside there. Just like parades, I don't like them but a whole lot of other people do so they aren't clogging up the lines!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^well lets hope they are planning to start right away....I mean with Carsland such a money maker I'm sure they want Ironman out by 2015 to compete with Harry Potterland

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I only like rides closing when they are already starting construction of the new ride. Sure, Innoventions isn't something people go to Disneyland for, but that means 400 extra people are on other rides instead of inside there. Just like parades, I don't like them but a whole lot of other people do so they aren't clogging up the lines!
    aashee you nailed it spot on! With Tomorrowland already in distress I don't think anything will be closed until something firm is announced for the entire land. Innovention's days may be numbered, but until an entire gameplan for the entire land is approved and announced nothing will close or change on a grand scale.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

•   
    • Minion

I would expect Innoventiosn days to be numbered. The 60th anniverssary will be in 2015 and they need something big I would assume in DL for that. The innoventions footprint is as big as Space Mountains so they could really do something awesome there. I know it will probably be Iron Man Which i am ok with because they can fit it into Tomorrowland easy by using the Stark expo as a queue and showing off technology that will improve our lives tomrorow. My preference would be something with Tron though. There could be a lot of potential there as well.

As far as the innoventions building affecting crowds I don't think it will be noticed if the amounts of people in Innoventions are distressted into the DL population. And once it's back up as a new attraction it will greatly help by eating up more people than Innoventions does.

• HYDRA

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Are you looking for old photos of Innoventions? Or photos of America Sings? Or Carousel of Progress?
    innoventions
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• HYDRA

i think they tell us at d23
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

I think I'm more surprised they're demolishing the actual building, thought they were going to at least keep it and re-purpose it somehow.

And, since this discussion would inevitably turn into an "Is Marvel appropriate for the parks?" thread, Iron Man is a great character to promote better and clean living through technology, as long as they dont make him a drunk.

Funny you mention Wall-E though Calsig, since he's a product of society gone wrong. Is he the type of character that we'd want to represent the "World of Tomorrow"? A robot designed to clean up a world that was destroyed by waste and consumerism?
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I personally wish they won't demolish the building because that pretty much guarantees that a show like or similar to COP/America Sings won't return - ever.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I personally wish they won't demolish the building because that pretty much guarantees that a show like or similar to COP/America Sings won't return - ever.
    I think it's safe to say something like that won't return anyway.

Considering the fact that it's been over 20 years since America Sings closed, I think it's a given that it won't be back.

"I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    Considering the fact that it's been over 20 years since America Sings closed, I think it's a given that it won't be back.
    But its only 64 years until the Tricentenial!
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

I don't want it to be another eyesore sitting there for a seemingly eternity like it did after America Sings closed down and Innoventions opened up.
    How long was it between America Sings closing and Innoventions opening?

I believe it was around ten years.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast