Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• SORCERER

Innovations Closing in Feb 2013

According to ScreamScape.com,

" (12/19/12) While Disneyland has admitted nothing just yet, another reader popped in with a rumor about the pending destruction of the Innoventions building. According to this story, there were told that the attraction would close down sometime in February from a CM on site. If true, Id expect Disney to confirm this sometime after the start of the new year."
    This has been mentioned a few times, about the rumor of it closing in Feb. I could honestly see this happening, As stated above I can definitely see Disney making an announcement in Jan stating the closure for a new attraction. Then a few weeks later most likely announce the replacement attraction, and would open 2014/2015. I somewhat believe this story form the CM also, as they are typically given more insight than anyone else. For example back in July when I ask a CM about the boulder not working on Indiana Jones they told me they would be fixing it as it would be going down for refurb in sept, then 2 weeks later it was officially announced by Disney, so it possible there told 2 weeks before the official announcement, and its about 2 weeks before the new year.

anyone else here anything recently? I plan on going over innovations tomorrow see if I can get any insight.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Innovations Closing in Feb 2013

It's hard to say. Anyone can say anything nowadays. I hope the rumors are true!

Hopefully Disney makes an announcement soon.

Can't come soon enough.
    The Mur

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Just close it now......start early.....I want to make sure they have as much time as they need to make this Ironman ride.....so close it now...we wont miss it....

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

If it does close I just hope they start working on that area right away. I don't want it to be another eyesore sitting there for a seemingly eternity like it did after America Sings closed down and Innoventions opened up.

• Banned User

If they can't make it a real attraction to live up to its potential, then yes close it. But not for anything Marvel.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    According to ScreamScape.com,

This has been mentioned a few times, about the rumor of it closing in Feb. I could honestly see this happening, As stated above I can definitely see Disney making an announcement in Jan stating the closure for a new attraction. Then a few weeks later most likely announce the replacement attraction, and would open 2014/2015. I somewhat believe this story form the CM also, as they are typically given more insight than anyone else. For example back in July when I ask a CM about the boulder not working on Indiana Jones they told me they would be fixing it as it would be going down for refurb in sept, then 2 weeks later it was officially announced by Disney, so it possible there told 2 weeks before the official announcement, and its about 2 weeks before the new year.

anyone else here anything recently? I plan on going over innovations tomorrow see if I can get any insight.
    It could happen, but take it with a grain of salt because:
    1) CM's are not given more insight than anyone else, and:
    2) ScreamScape is less than reliable.
    No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Yes! I think we've been in there maybe twice? I'm cool with Marvel. Me likes Marvel.

Buzz and Nemo need to go too.

• Team Hail HYDRA

If anyone has old photos of the attraction or any info PM me please
    it would be pretty cool if it closed on February 25.......my birthday

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    If anyone has old photos of the attraction or any info PM me please
    it would be pretty cool if it closed on February 25.......my birthday
    Are you looking for old photos of Innoventions? Or photos of America Sings? Or Carousel of Progress?

• Minion

Although I never trust screamscape, I have heard from other people that Innoventions is supposed to close in early 2013. Would be great if this actually happened.

EDIT: I just read it, this info came from a CM? Yeah, I don't believe this one bit.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I went into Innovations on my last visit last Saturday and enjoyed a Peter Pan reading int he Peter Pan kids room in the house on the bottom floor. The walls lit up and there were projections and Tinker Belle in a drawer. I've heard that story read by a CM before and always enjoyed it.

I actually like the house on the bottom floor and my kid likes playing the video games on the top floor.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    If they can't make it a real attraction to live up to its potential, then yes close it. But not for anything Marvel.
    Yes because movie based rides like Star Wars and Cars didn't work out too well for them.....ohh wait no they got tons of people into the parks and sell a bunch or toys....so yeah not making the Ironman ride is the only bad decision they can make since...they own him

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Yes because movie based rides like Star Wars and Cars didn't work out too well for them.....ohh wait no they got tons of people into the parks and sell a bunch or toys....so yeah not making the Ironman ride is the only bad decision they can make since...they own him
    While I'd rather not see a Marvel based attraction, which let's face it, is inevitable at some point, I am happy with anything that is going to help Tomorrowland. That area has been struggling for far too long. Star Tours and Space Mountain can't carry the whole land alone. I'll take what I can get. Now we just need to get rid of those God awful Peoplemover tracks and that hunk of garbage that is sitting at the entrance of the land..

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I agree. Iron Man is the perfect fit for Tomorrowland. Much better than the Wall E character that people are always bringing up.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast