Question Is there a better/shorter way to get to the M&F parking structure via the 5 North?

Just a quick question - is there a better way to get to the Mickey and Friends parking structure from the 5 North than what I'm doing now?

Currently, I approach Anaheim from the South on the 5 Northbound, get off at Harbor and hang a right, then left at Ball and left on DL Drive to get into the parking structure. That seems quick enough... is there a better way?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Is there a better/shorter way to get to the M&F parking structure via the 5 North

That's pretty much the best way to it. But I'd recommend parking at Toy Story. I come from Newport Beach and if I park in Toy Story the total time it takes me to get from my door to inside the park is about 35 minutes. If I go to M&F that time increases to at least 50 minutes - no kidding. Toy Story is much more convenient for those coming from the south.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Is there a better/shorter way to get to the M&F parking structure via the 5 North

Quote Originally Posted by B2D View Post
    Just a quick question - is there a better way to get to the Mickey and Friends parking structure from the 5 North than what I'm doing now?

Currently, I approach Anaheim from the South on the 5 Northbound, get off at Harbor and hang a right, then left at Ball and left on DL Drive to get into the parking structure. That seems quick enough... is there a better way?
    Coming from the 5 North, yeah that's probably one of the better ways to go.

If you're ever on the 5 South, exit Disneyland Drive, and that will take you straight through past Ball and into the M&F Structure. They even have an "Express Lane" that is open certain hours of the day so you don't get clogged up at the Ball light.

The only downside to to coming this way is that that Express Lane isn't always open, and traffic can get really backed up from the exit off the freeway to Ball.

• Team Hail HYDRA

can you park at toy story if you get there around 8:00am???

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    That's pretty much the best way to it. But I'd recommend parking at Toy Story. I come from Newport Beach and if I park in Toy Story the total time it takes me to get from my door to inside the park is about 35 minutes. If I go to M&F that time increases to at least 50 minutes - no kidding. Toy Story is much more convenient for those coming from the south.
    Don't tell our secret. Shhhh.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    Mhm

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Don't tell our secret. Shhhh.
    Always someone who spoils it

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Sock Puppet

nope no other way. that is the shortest way as you described. i go that way also

• SORCERER

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    haha I come form Newport Beach as well

But I always take the Carpool Exit for Disney Way and park in the Toy Story Parking Lot. The Disney Way carpool exit dumps you out at the corner Of Anaheim Blvd, and Disney Way. Just follow Disney way upto Harbor, take a left on harbor and go down to toy story, or you could take a right and go over to Ball and then M&F.

But to be honest, lately these Buses in Toy Story have been taking FOREVER to get to and from the park. Literally getting stuck at every red light as the bus driver is driving 5 MPH in the parking lot/roads.

I have also noticed a lack of available buses to board when leaving. If leave between 12pm and 3pm there is never buses, I normally have to stand there for about 15 mins waiting for a Bus. It gets more frustrating, When I finally arrive back at the toy story parking to I see about 30 buses with drivers in them sitting there with there buses running, what a waste. Sometimes Toy Story takes allot longer than it should, which can be extremely frustrating after a long day at the park, and sometimes its real fast. Also I think it would be nice if the Buses weren't SILENT inside, sometimes you get a fun driver, sometimes you get a miserable one that says nothing, it would be nice to have consistency like the trams, and to be reminded about parks hours and attractions to check out.

PROS OF M&F Parking:
    - Fun tram Ride, with a more Disney feel than the Busses
    - Friendly greeter and announcer
    - High Capacity Trams
    - More Organized with less natural delays (no red lights)
    - Within the Resort, getting drop off in Downtown Disney is a plus if you plan on stopping there

CONS of M&F Parking:
    - 75% of the time you will get a terrible parking spot in the far back corner from the trams, which means a long walk when you enter and leave.
    - Fireworks sound like gunshots extremely loud while leaving
    - Long lines sometimes while entering

PROS Of Toy Story:
    - Connivence Parking, almost every spot is in a acceptable distance from the Bus Stops
    - Typically Shorter lines while entering
    - Easier to get around when parking

CONS of Toy Story:
    - Busses, theres not much magic to these busses, really bad PA system, no music or script.
    - 50/50 chance of getting a driver who preforms there job duties
    - Off site, this parking lot is about 2 city blocks from any walkable entrance to Disneyland, so longer drive.
    - Times are never consistent due to Busses running in traffic with red lights, hit or miss.

I just wish we had WDW monorail system in place, then the Bus problem would be solved. No red lights, accurate times, and allot faster, one can dream.
    Last edited by BradleyC; 12-20-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Thanks for the input, guys.

I don't think I've ever been to the Toy Story lot. I've wound up in Pumbaa a few times and even got redirected to the Convention Center last Thursday.

A Cast Member once told me that unless directed elsewhere, my parking pass on my AP was ONLY good for Mickey and Friends.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    It depends. Toy Story opens an hour before the first park opening. M&F opens 1.5 hours early for MM.

I don't think I've ever been to the Toy Story lot. I've wound up in Pumba a few times and even got redirected to the Convention Center last Thursday.

A Cast Member once told me that unless directed elsewhere, my parking pass on my AP was ONLY good for Mickey and Friends.
    The CM was incorrect unless that was well over a year ago. M&F and TS are the primary lots and you can always park there AP or not unless they close due to capacity, that is why you would be directed to an overflow lot. The other lots are not always open.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    Mhm

That was so darn cute, MrsMonroe! I could hear the coyness in your voice as you said that!