View Poll Results: How can Disneyland improve? (Vote for more than 1.)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remove the abandoned Peoplemover track.

97 50.52%
  • Move the Astro-orbiter back to the top of the PMvr bldg

101 52.60%
  • Bring back the Golden Horseshoe Revue

56 29.17%
  • Make the Small World dolls targets & add laser guns.

18 9.38%
  • Get rid of the rocks at the Tomorrowland entry.

76 39.58%
  • Make Captain Hook face character.

27 14.06%
  • Get rid of Innoventions

127 66.15%
  • Get rid of Captain EO

89 46.35%
  • Lower prices (Be specific in thread, please.)

60 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• ~

Re: What at Disneyland needs to be improved.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    Gatheringrosebuds, so basically turn Disneyland into a museum where nothing changes?
    Mr. Wiggins' post above beautifully addresses this question, but to add several of my own thoughts, no—not at all. Change is an inevitable part of life that has all the opportunity to be beautiful. The park has always been changing, constantly evolving and growing. I'm not against that. I'm against changes that lack creativity, that are void of imagination, and that don't foster the same spirit of adventure and magic that made me fall in love with Disneyland. Bring on the change, but let it be change brimming with imagination, excitement, and originality.

If you're referring to the extinct attractions that I suggested resurrecting, they where put on that list because I believe they reflect what Disneyland is about, that they emphasize that spirit and bring something to the land and the entire park. And I wouldn't want them to return in their original form, only with their original premises, their abilities to immerse you in their respective worlds, and their intangible qualities of style, story, humor, and heart that they bring to their respective lands and the park as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by lady3jane View Post
    Gatheringrosebuds - I shortened it for quoting purposes, but this is the best post I have ever read about DL. It explains beautifully the philosophy of the park, and a way of looking at the park, which I and some others here share. Unfortunately, it seems, as posts like this usually do, to have gone right over most people's heads. As far as I'm concerned, this is the definitive post and I will just link to it whenever I feel the need to explain myself.
    Thank you, lady3jane.
    Last edited by gatheringrosebuds; 12-26-2012 at 12:35 PM.

OK, sorry but the It's a Small World suggestion is in really bad taste given what just happened in Connecticut recently.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by goofyandbelle View Post
    OK, sorry but the It's a Small World suggestion is in really bad taste given what just happened in Connecticut recently.
    While I can see your point, I believe jcruise was trying to make a reference to Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters with the Small World suggestion.

dolls targets & add laser guns.
    First thing I thought of was Buzz ride.

Quote Originally Posted by goofyandbelle View Post
    You beat me to it. I thought about Connecticut first.
    With kind regards,
    The Tony

• terrifiednerds.com

Have a separate annual pass option, where people can buy a "Disneyland Only" pass for 1/2 the price.

1. Get rid of all paving stones, including Main Street. No American Main Street in the early 1900's had paving stones.
    2. Move Nemo to Toon Town, along with Buzz Light Year, and bring back the Submarine Voyage. The Toon Town subs can be stationary ride cars with projections outside the windows (little kids wouldn't know the difference and Nemo is mostly cartoons shown underwater, anyhow).
    3. Bring back Skyway, Peoplemover, Carrousel of Progress, slurry seal pavement, Twin Falls, etc.
    4. Get rid of all safety railings--find other ways (window washer in skyrises somehow manage).
    5. Bring back Captain Hooks ship and Skull Rock.
    6. Give Fantasmic it's own site with a seated amphitheater. It would reduce crowds, and people could go on Mark Twain at night, plus have a better view of the show.
    7. I could go on and on.

If DL can pull of what WDW did with Fantasy Land with DL's Tomorrow land, I could be a happy camper.

EO should go or be remade as long as they steer clear of Bieber or any other boy bands. Maybe even get rid of the musical aspect.

Moving the Astro-orbiter back to the top of the PMvr bldg would be great but everything I've heard says it would be impossible with the current building. But if they invested the time and money, they could mount it on a new, structurally secure building.
    With kind regards,
    The Tony

since the poll asked for specifics on lower prices, I will share my idea here: Get rid of the so-cal select pass and introduce and replace it with so-cal reserved. With the reserved system there are no block out dates, but there are a limited number of slots alloted for any given day, more on traditionaly slow days, very few on traditionally busy days. Pass holders must go online and reserve their visit at least before 12 am the day of their visit. You can reserve up to a year in advance and up to 6 days or so. Once you have completed a visit, you are free to reserve annother day as long as there are slots open on the day you want to visit. Anyone who reserves a day and does not pass through the gates that day may be subject to a light penalty, such as having a reduction in the number of days they can reserve at once. The online calander would show days in red yellow or green to indicate how many slots were left for that day, or if it was completely full. As more people buy passes, more slots will automatically be added so it will always be possible to check back. This way we will all have a good idea of how busy the park will be, especially disney so they can schedule more people and not be caught off guard by suddon floods of passholders. I would expect this pass to be priced lower for the incovenience of having to know in advance of your visit. Such a system could also be used for employee comp passes and also for a guest pass that could come with super delux passes. Please send comments to me directly, I wont be checking the thread.

• Blew By You

In choosing removal of PM tracks, I'd want all of Tomorrowland fixed as well.
    1. Rid Innoventions
    2. Move the Jets
    3. Rid the rock work
    4. Reshape the land
    5. Make Space Mountain into a real fake mountain.
    6. Build a sit down restaurant into the new Space Mountain

Walt's old imagineers would have nailed this years ago. The new crop just doesn't measure up to the complex challenges. That's why the PM tracks have not been removed.

Tomorrowland, Tomorrowland, Tomorrowland!!!!!!

Every penny that should have gone to fixing Pressler's Tomorrowland disaster was wasted on neverending Main Street remodels, repavement projects and princess/fairy greeting areas. Tomorrowland is a huge scar defacing what should be a well balanced magical DL experience. The lack of care, craftsmanship and heart in the decimated Tomorrowland makes me feel like I'm visiting WDW when I'm TL. The full creative forces just down the highway in Burbank should bring some of that Disney era magic back that they used for Cars Land to bring Tomorrowland back from the dead. This is priority #1 for the resort.

No Bandaids.... bulldoze for a blank canvas:

-Peoplemover Track
    -Starcade / possibly star trader
    -Magic Eye and wasted roof space above it
    -skyway terminal
    -innovations
    -autopia(moved to cars land behind luigis)
    -pizza port and awkward dinning areas

• Minion

Shorter lines.

•   

Bring back the ticket system, where each attraction paid for itself. If it didn't, out it went (with a few exceptions).

• Minion

Absolutely. At least require tickets for the attractions with the longest lines.
    Everyone here always says, "Oh, no, ticket books are such a pain."
    I say FastPasses are more of a pain, because you have to plan your schedule.
    With the ticket books you used whatever ticket whenever you wanted.

I'll join the chorus in focusing desired change on TomorrowLand. First and foremost, Imagineering and/or any suits commenting on the future of TomorrowLand should remove the words "can't" and "impossible" from their vocabulary. The old Rocket Jets gantry can't handle a return of the attraction? Then tear it down and build a new gantry. It is impossible to return the Peoplemover because the elevated track is degraded? How about re-Imagineering the Peoplemover from the ground up? Even if there is no stomach for returning these favorites to their old glory, at least remove the rockpile so that the entrance to TomorrowLand has a sense of place again.

Although it has been stated several times by key Disney people that the Peoplemover is not coming back to the old tracks, I did not vote to remove the tracks because I would prefer that they be replaced/rebuilt, not just removed. However, removal of Innoventions is needed as the current attraction takes up way too much space while handling very little guest volume. There is no more obvious location in the entire park for a much-needed new E-ticket attraction. (Just don't bring Marvel into the park.)

I also concur in the comments suggesting a modest roll-back in food prices. It is understood that prices for "quick-serve" meals will be a bit more than off-property, but the current prices seem more geared towards extracting as much cash as possible as opposed to providing guests meal choices while still turning a profit.

More significantly, I would love to see Disneyland simply hold the line on daily/multi-day/annual passes for just one year. When was the last year that Disneyland did not increase its admission/annual pass rates? After we were conditioned to expect annual increases, we now see prices for daily/multi-day passes increased with greater frequency, and the more-than-healthy increases in annual passports last year were staggering and caused even the most die-hard fans to reconsider renewal. We are still in tough economic times and such increases not only make it more expensive to enjoy the park, but negatively impact the overall experience when the cost of getting inside the berm casts a pall on finances for the rest of the day. Given the cost of parkhopper one-day tickets, parking, meals at the park, shopping, plus the still-high cost of gas to get to the park, a local family of four is looking at around a $1000 for a one-day visit to the park. Walt would be appalled.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    Gatheringrosebuds, so basically turn Disneyland into a museum where nothing changes?
    You read her entire post and this is all you got? You didn't see the numerous changes and improvements she suggested?

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

1. Rework the Peoplemover track into a Personal Rapid Transit between the parks, the parking lots, and the region. If your party in the car already has your tickets or an AP you get pre-authorized at the station, it drops you off Inside the park. Yes, it's a huge investment, but I think Disney can make it pay off.

2. They aren't going to drop prices, don't be silly. But they can hold the line on future raises to be in line with inflation.

3. Ditto on dining and merchandise prices - Compared to Knotts and other captive audience locations they are almost cheap. But the Foods offerings really need some Quality Upgrade work in places, make the meal worth the prices. Like the burgers at the fast-serve locations, and they've trimmed down the choices of entrees at the tray-slides way too much.

4. Entertainment - Bring back the Golden Horseshoe, and add more Evening entertainment around the park - Tomorrowland Terrace shouldn't be our only hope. They cut the Coke Corner Piano to one shift that ends at 6 PM, 7 at the absolute latest - What's up with that? Roll up the sidewalks at dusk? They cut the Swing Dancing to one night and that's out in DTD, doesn't help us.

5. Add Capacity - Stop with the "One ride opens, another must close" mentality and put something in the many blank spots and under-utilized spaces to add capacity. Motorboat Cruise, Innoventions (like, really!) Skyway stations, Astro-Orbitor, Starcade, and carve out some new spots like behind Pooh or north of Big Thunder. Then Disney can do something wild like (GASP!) Sell More Tickets and get more people in the park on the same day.

Okay, that's enough for now. --<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast