Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• 'Til DEATH do us part...

Az, or not as close to Disneyland as I'd like to be :(

Trip Report! A Week long honeymoon at the Disneyland Resort! December 10th-15th

Hello all! This is my trip report for my honeymoon! It is quite long and pictures are included, so I might break it up into a few separate posts. Hope you enjoy!

Sunday, December 9th, 2012 DAY 1

Our journey began at 6:40AM leaving from Phoenix, AZ. My husband and I took the Greyhound again and it was actually a pretty pleasant trip, it seemed to go by fast. We actually arrived in L.A. 40 minutes earlier than we were supposed to, which gave us some time to relax before catching our next bus to Anaheim. Our bus arrived at 1:30pm and we left at 2, getting into Anaheim at about 2:30pm, again we were early. Once we arrived, we walked to our hotel and checked in. We stayed at the Residence Inn Maingate by Marriott. Since we get our mail at a UPS Store, we had to have our vacation package sent to the hotel lobby and once they handed it to us, we went off to our room. I had never stayed there before, but the room was really nice! We had a mini kitchen, a fireplace, a couch and chair and a decent sized bathroom area. Once we settled in and relaxed for a bit, we decided to go out to eat for dinner. We wanted to save out feet since we were going to be there a week, so we only went to GardenWalk. We chose California Pizza Kitchen and we both really liked it. I've had the frozen pizzas (lol) but never ate at the actual restaurant and I'm glad we chose to eat there. After we headed back to the hotel and lit the fireplace. They give you a complementary log when you arrive, but you have to buy more if you want more. Since we had been up since 4AM and didn't sleep much the night before, we actually fell asleep pretty early...like 7:30PM early lol. Then all of a sudden, I hear this LOUD noise that sounded like bombs...I then realize it's 9:30PM and it's the fireworks at Disneyland haha I soon fell back asleep.

Monday, December 10th, 2012 DAY 2

Since we had gone to bed so early the night before, we were up by 5:30AM. We started to get ready and then had breakfast at the hotel. Their complimentary breakfast buffet was pretty good, lots of things to choose from. After breakfast, we went back to the hotel to finish getting ready and to gather everything we needed for the day. Disneyland didn't open until 9AM so we left the hotel at 8:40AM and caught the ART shuttle by 9. The shuttle was so PACKED, the driver couldn't even make his stop at HOJO, so we went straight to the Resort. Once we were dropped off, we headed through the bag check and to the entrance. Once it was our turn, I knew we needed to have our ID's since we had a 5-day park hopper. As I hand her my ticket, she asked me where I signed it and I said the hotel. She looks at my husband's too and sees the same thing. After acting like we committed a HORRIBLE crime, she tells us we weren't supposed to do that and has us wait just past the turnstile and calls a lead. Once the lead arrives, she says it's ok, just sign it with the marker they provide and we should be fine. I told her we didn't know and she was very nice and said it's completely FINE! (I had NO idea they had "special" makers to sign you ticket with. All I knew was that you had to sign it and I wanted to make sure we did, so we could get it. The Cast member at the turnstile was quite rude and made me feel like a criminal. We were very cooperative with her and nice, yet we still got dirty looks and a rude tone. NOT professional.) After that minor hiccup, we headed to City Hall to get our Just Married pins. Once those were on, it was a steady stream of "congratulations!" from everyone! We headed into Adventureland and went straight to the Jungle Cruise. The skipper we had was pretty good and actually had some jokes I had never heard. After that, we HAD to go to Indiana Jones. It must have been since it was still early, but we basically walked on. They were just loading up a new jeep and we hopped on that same one within 5 minutes of getting in line. I could DEFINITELY tell how much better the lighting was. I really felt like I could see things a lot better than I could before and some of the effects stuck out better. I felt like the snake had a little more motion too?? After that, it was POCT time!! I was so bummed that it was closed during our last trip, that the minute we got inside, I smelled the water for a good 5 minutes haha. We got the back row (which is my favorite) and thoroughly enjoyed one of our favorite rides. Haunted Mansion was next and was also pretty much walk on. It was still pretty early, so we decided to go on Pooh to kill some time before our lunch reservation. Once we got off, I saw Tigger and Eeyore out for pictures, so we got in line. Name:  disneylandhoneymoon2012pic2.jpeg
Views: 538
Size:  74.9 KBName:  disneylandhoneymoon2012pic3.jpeg
Views: 527
Size:  78.7 KB
    We then sat in New Orleans Square until it was time for lunch. We had reservations at the Blue Bayou and since my husband had told them it was our honeymoon, we got seated right by the water! Name:  disneylandhoneymoon2012pic1.jpeg
Views: 523
Size:  40.4 KB
    I (of course) had the Monte Cristo and my husband had the chicken. Even though I had the leftovers boxed up, our waitress brought us a little cup of chocolate mousse, because of our honeymoon. We then caught the train to Fantasyland and went on IASWH. I always enjoy going on that ride because my husband and I always try to see how many countries was can name We then got back on the train to Tomorrowland. We went on Star Tours and it only took us about 20 minutes, compared to 2 1/2 hours last year. Back on the train yet again to the entrance so we could go to DCA. Once we were in, I was IN LOVE with Buena Vista Street. I had seen pictures of it since June and being there is just a totally different experience. We saw Chip and Dale and got a picture with them in their Buena Vista Street outfits. Name:  disneylandhoneymoon2012pic24.JPG
Views: 529
Size:  206.9 KBWe headed down toward Grizzly Peak and got a few pictures by the rocks and waterfall. Name:  disneylandhoneymoon2012pic25.JPG
Views: 531
Size:  58.7 KBName:  disneylandhoneymoon2012pic26.JPG
Views: 520
Size:  77.4 KBWe stopped near the Blue Sky Cellar, so we could sit and my husband had a beer. I could see Cars Land from there and I was getting anxious! I had been waiting to go there, since they announced they were building it in 2007. "CARS" is one of my favorite Disney-Pixar movies, so I was SUPER excited. We took our time walking down Route 66 to enjoy all the awesome details of the land. I saw Mater was out a the Cozy Cone and I HAD to get a picture with him. Name:  disneylandhoneymoon2012pic29.JPG
Views: 527
Size:  94.9 KBWe again got our picture looking down the road and headed towards RSR. Name:  disneylandhoneymoon2012pic28.JPG
Views: 521
Size:  66.9 KBWe saw the stand-by wait was 110 minutes and knowing we didn't have a fast pass (and not wanting to do single rider) we bit the bullet and waited in line. When we got in line, it was dusk and by the time we were loading our car, it was dark haha. The line was very detailed though. So let me just say, AWESOME RIDE! It was definitely worth the wait and my husband agreed. Also, it's MUCH faster than it appears, or at least it was to me. Going over the hills and sharp turns made my stomach drop so many times, my throat hurt from screaming lol I totally forgot they take your picture and we laughed so hard since ALL of my hair was criss-crossing in front of my face lol After that we had dinner at Lucky Fortune Cookery and since DCA closed at 8, we headed to the hotel after dinner and we were out!

Tuesday, December 11th, 2012 DAY 3

Tuesday started out pretty much the same as Monday. Name:  disneylandhoneymoon2012pic30.jpeg
Views: 517
Size:  63.5 KBWe first went to the Tiki Room and then hit Indiana Jones again. We took the train to Fantasyland to just walk around and ran into Alice and the Mad Hatter! Name:  disneylandhoneymoon2012pic38.jpeg
Views: 520
Size:  108.5 KBAfter some talking and a pic, we appropriately decided to go on Alice in Wonderland lol. We walked around some more and took a few pictures here and there, just taking our time. We wanted to eat in DTD for lunch, so we got on the Monorail and headed over. After lunch, we walked to DCA from DTD. We went on AUA and my husband then went on SSS. We waited in line forever to go on TSMM and we were definitely feeling a little exhausted. We sat down for a bit near Screamin' and decided to go back to the hotel for an hour or so for a nap. We headed back to Disneyland at about 4:30PM and went on POTC, again and got the back row, again! We were going to eat at the Hungry Bear Restaurant, but for some reason it was closed so we went to the Stage Door Cafe instead. We then decided to go to Fantasyland and went on Snow White and then Pinocchio which are both always pretty much walk-ons. We were going to go on Peter Pan, but the line was ridiculously long...more than usual lol. We went on the Carousel and then my husband went on Astro Orbitor (I'm afraid of heights lol). The clouds were starting to come in and it was getting chilly. That plus it closed early again, so we went back to the hotel for the night.

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 DAY 4
    Since we only had a 5-day park hopper, we decided to sleep in an not go to Disneyland/DCA that day. We relaxed at the hotel and then went to DTD to do some shopping. We went to the Rainforest Cafe for lunch and just hung out for a while in DTD. It was cloudy/sprinkling and that seemed to deter people from going to the Resort that day. Once we were done being frozen haha we went back to the hotel. I had some laundry I needed to do, so while that was being done, we sat in the heated pool, until it started to sprinkle again. We got back to the room and ordered a pizza just in time to watch my favorite show, AHS!! (so glad the hotel had FX). Since we had another 3 days ahead of us, we decided to go to bed shortly after that.
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
    -your host, your ghost host

Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

Re: Trip Report! A Week long honeymoon at the Disneyland Resort! December 10th-15th

Thursday, December 13th, 2012 DAY 5

We woke up early and headed over on the ART shuttle to Disneyland. We knew we wanted to take our time since we had done almost all the rides in the resort by now. It was cloudy and rainy so the park was pretty un-crowded for a Thursday. We took some more pictures and then went through the castle to Fantasyland. Name:  disneylandhoneymoon2012pic32.jpeg
Views: 456
Size:  49.5 KBI wanted to go through the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough since I never have and it was actually pretty cool! We went on Peter Pan this time and Mr. Toad's right after. We then went on Casey Jr. and despite my fear of heights, I went on Dumbo after my husband begged me to lol It wasn't as high as I thought and I actually enjoyed it a lot. We headed over to the Frontierland Jamboree area and first got a picture with Santa!Name:  disneylandhoneymoon2012pic33.jpeg
Views: 455
Size:  40.2 KBName:  disneylandhoneymoon2012pic4.jpeg
Size:  72.4 KB Reindeer Pluto was out and after we got a picture with him, we sat down as Billy Hill and the Hillbillies started playing. I had never heard them before and they were pretty funny! Mickey started walking around shortly after that, taking pictures with people at their tables. The cast Member walking around with him saw our pins and took the picture right away. Name:  DSC02746.JPG
Size:  165.2 KBHe was a very sweet old man, wish I could remember his name. I thought it was so odd not more people were back there. Sure, it's kind of hidden away, but it was awesome to see characters NOT being swamped by people with cameras and being able to go where they please. We went back to Adventureland and this time got 2 Dole Whips and went to the Tiki Room again. Ever since we saw it for the first time last year, my husband is in LOVE with it. We went on POTC yet again and guess what...we got the back row...AGAIN!! It was starting to actually become funny, since we never even asked for it. When we got off, I noticed a small line of people in line to see....JACK! I was so happy because our experience with meeting Jack last year was less than a good one (you can read that in my trip report from last year, if you wish). We got in line and got our picture with him and then went on Haunted Mansion again. Name:  DSC02749.JPG
Views: 457
Size:  227.8 KBWe went on the Mark Twain since I had never been on that either ( there were LOTS of things I had never been one, even though I have been to Disneyland 9 times haha). We stood on the very top and I loved the views from up there. We got lunch at the Jolly Holiday Cafe and I thought it was pretty good! Plus the warm soup was good since it was still cloudy out. The husband wanted to go on Space mountain so we went over to Tomorrowland. He got in line, I went to wait for him and then 2 seconds later, he's back in front of me. He said the ride was shutdown at the moment, even though it was just open when he walked by. So instead we decided to ride the monorail around once just for the heck of it and to give our feet a rest. Once it came back to Tomorrowland, we walked around for a bit just taking our time again. We then went on Indiana Jones again and as we were on our way to Main Street, we saw Genie in Aladdin's Oasis for pictures. Name:  DSC02750.JPG
Views: 458
Size:  114.6 KBWe got a picture with him and headed to Main Street since I was dying for a corn dog lol. I took it back to NOS since hubby wanted a gumbo bread bowl. After dinner, it was dark out now and we really didn't know what we wanted to do! We decided to look in the shops on Main Street since we really wanted the Mickey and Minnie bride and groom hats. We were in the Emporium and there was on ONE Mickey groom hat left! We were so happy since we would have had to walk ALL the way around Main Street again, since Candlelight had them doing one way traffic each way. After we bought those, we headed back to the hotel, since we were getting up early to go to Mickey's ToonTown Madness the next morning.
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

Re: Trip Report! A Week long honeymoon at the Disneyland Resort! December 10th-15th

Friday, December 14th, 2012 DAY 6

We got up even earlier this day, so we could make it to the park by 8AM. Once we got in, we headed to the train so we could take it to ToonTown. We must have had the first train out, because there was a little line and NO ONE was on the train at all. We got on, arrived in ToonTown and immediately got pictures with some characters. Name:  DSC02751.JPG
Views: 455
Size:  140.4 KBName:  DSC02752.JPG
Size:  160.6 KBName:  DSC02753.JPG
Size:  151.0 KBName:  DSC02755.JPG
Views: 457
Size:  209.0 KBName:  DSC02756.JPG
Size:  125.8 KBEven though ToonTown is lacking here and there, I must say, it was pretty cool being there with only about 20 other people and getting to meet characters with no line and explore the area. I had never seen some things before, so we took our time after the little "honorary toon" show was over (which was very cute, BTW). There is something I noticed though, now, am I just dreaming, or did Minnie used to have a well behind her house....? Because it was no longer there. Which was a shame since that was one of my favorite things about her house. Anywho, hubby went on Gadget's Go Coaster (lol) and then we both went on RRCTS. It was odd getting on that ride so fast, since every other time we go on it, the line is 40+ minutes long. Once that was over, we headed over to Pixie Hollow and ran into Bert! We actually talked with him for a good 10 minutes and he was very interactive. We took some pictures with him and then got in line to see Periwinkle and Tinkerbell.Name:  disneylandhoneymoon2012pic34.jpeg
Views: 454
Size:  45.0 KB Even though the sign said a 30 minute wait, it felt more like an hour, since Tink went away and came back. After that we went on Buzz and hubby tried Space Mountain again, which he got on! Only a 15 minute wait too! When he got off, we got lunch at Pizza Port and went on Captain EO. That was my first time, since they took it away before I could see it when I was younger. We really enjoyed it since we are both big fans of Michael Jackson. We then headed to the Matterhorn. I had only been on it once before the refurb and it wasn't too bad. It was still a little bumpy, but my legs felt fine and I'm 5'5". Since my mom wanted pictures of the Christmas Parade, we were able to get a pretty good seat and catch the 1:30PM? parade once we got off the Matterhorn. We were right in the hub on a bench. After that was Big Thunder and it was COLD! During the parade the clouds started to come in again and they brought some wind with them lol I think I had my hood on and both my jackets zipped up and the speed of that ride plus the wind STILL made me cold haha. We decided to catch the train in NOS to Main Street so we could go to DCA again. Name:  disneylandhoneymoon2012pic35.jpeg
Views: 453
Size:  55.1 KBWhen we got inside, we checked out some of the stores and then went to Monster Inc. We then walked to A Bug's Land where we met Flick! I haven't ever seen him out, so we had to get a picture. Name:  DSC02759.JPG
Views: 454
Size:  154.5 KBWe then went on Heimlich's Choo Choo Train haha. I know some people say that's a "baby" ride, but my husband and I don't care. When we go to the Resort, we go on EVERYTHING we enjoy, so we couldn't pass it up. We took the Bug's land route to Cars Land, getting some pics along the way.Name:  disneylandhoneymoon2012pic37.jpeg
Views: 453
Size:  48.0 KB As we come to the center, DJ just drove up and we stood and watched the show! We really liked it and thought it was a cute idea. We took some more time to look in each of the shops and take in all the detail. As we headed out, we were getting hungry, so we agreed on Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe. Now I don't know if anyone has had this happen, or if it was just me, or something else entirely, but I think I got food poisoning from there...if not that exact place, then somewhere in the resort. I had felt fine ALL day and after I ate dinner there, my stomach started to feel, well, icky (but it didn't show until later that night). My husband felt fine however and he ate the same thing. We went back to Disneyland and went on POTC yet again and you wouldn't believe it...WE GOT THE BACK ROW!! 4 times in a row and we never once asked to be seated there. It was about 6:40PM by now and I really wanted to see Fantasmic, so we sat at the River Belle Terrace Patio, in the rain, haha and waited it out. I was freezing and the icky stomach was starting to kick in, but I was determined. We met a nice mother and daughter who let us sit with them and we played cards until it was a for sure go on Fantasmic, since it was misting. Then at 8:45, we hear the announcement that it WILL happen and at 9 I was enjoying the show. Once it was over, it was clear I needed to go to the hotel. This food poisoning or whatever it was, was NOT happy with me and we slowly made our way out and back to the hotel for the night.

Next Trip:
    ???

Saturday, December 15th, 2012 DAY 7
    This was our last day there and we HAD planned on spending it doing our favorite things....but since I had felt sick the night before and then actually ended up getting sick early in the morning, hubby let me sleep in, even though I KNEW he dying to get to Disneyland. I felt bad, but he assured me it wasn't anyone's fault. After I felt a LITTLE better, we went over to Disneyland at about 11:30AM. I was really hungry, but almost leery of the food because of my experience the night before. We decided to eat at the Hungry Bear this time and it was really good. We went to Main Street to shop for a bit since I wanted to get my parents something and it was already starting to become a mad house. I felt ok, but still sick, so even though I know it pained him to, hubby agreed we could go back to the hotel so I could take a nap. After about 2 1/2 hours, I still felt sick, but didn't want my husband to spend his last day in a hotel room. I didn't either. We got back to Disneyland at about 7PM and we just decided to do all of our last minute shopping, since I still felt too sick to go on any rides. It took us about 2 hours, only because it was crazy packed that night. As we were nearing the turnstiles, I turn to my husband and he has a tear in his eye. I could help but well up and give him a hug. We didn't know when we would be able to go again and it was also the end of our honeymoon, which meant back to work, back to az, and back to "real" life. He turned to me and said he had a great honeymoon and I told him I did too. We said goodbye to Disneyland and walked out of the park for the last time. As we got back to the hotel, we ordered some take out and watched some movies until we passed out.

Sunday, December 16th, 2012 DAY 8
    We slept in a little bit and got all of our things packed and ready to go. At about 10:45Am we checked out and made our way back to the Greyhound station. On the way, we always stop at George's Best Burgers for lunch, it's a little tradition. After that, we waited at the bus station and once it came, we were on the bus home to phoenix and were in our bed by midnight. We had a wonderful honeymoon and even though things happened we didn't plan on, I would do it all again in a heartbeat with my best friend and husband.

Next Trip:
    ???

• Selfie Expert

Congratulations!!! I was there during the first couple days of your trip - I wish I knew what you looked like I would've made sure to congratulate you in person!! It looks like you guys had a really great honeymoon. Sorry you got sick, that's no fun, but at least it was your last day and you had already done so much!

You saw SO MANY characters!!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Congratulations!!! I was there during the first couple days of your trip - I wish I knew what you looked like I would've made sure to congratulate you in person!! It looks like you guys had a really great honeymoon. Sorry you got sick, that's no fun, but at least it was your last day and you had already done so much!

You saw SO MANY characters!!!
    Thank you! Aww I would have loved to meet someone from Micechat! We did have a great time! It sucks I got sick, but you're right, we literally did almost everything when we were there! I was happy to see so many characters while we were there. Most of the time, we have to hunt them down, or we never see them at all! I forgot to mention we met Minnie too, but her picture is on the disposable camera lol

Next Trip:
    ???

• I'm from Canada eh!

Great TR! Thanks for posting with all the pictures, you guys are cute together. BTW I love your hubby's Boba Fett Hoodie, very cool!

Oh and congrats on the marriage!

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    Great TR! Thanks for posting with all the pictures, you guys are cute together. BTW I love your hubby's Boba Fett Hoodie, very cool!

Oh and congrats on the marriage!
    Thank you! I love doing TR! Oh and he says Thanks! lol He got it at Hot Topic before we went

Next Trip:
    ???

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Yay! You guys are so cute! Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Yay! You guys are so cute! Thanks for sharing!
    Hehe thank you! And of course! I was happy to write it

Next Trip:
    ???

• Goofy

nice pictures thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    nice pictures thanks for sharing
    Thanks!

Next Trip:
    ???

​Congratulations! Disney's a great place to honeymoon!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    ​Congratulations! Disney's a great place to honeymoon!
    Thank you! It really is!!

Next Trip:
    ???

Congrats on your marriage from another AZ micechatter. My husband of 31 years and I spent our honeymoon at Disneyland as well. It really is a magical place you hate to leave after such a wonderful and special time. May you have a long and happy marriage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast