Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: OMG - park was off the charts busy today!

Yeah it was pretty crazy busy. We went to DCA at rope drop to get Candy Cane but funny enough apparently candy canes aren't the craziness that they normally are cause we only got there about 15 mins before they opened the gates at we're the second people in the rightmost open turnstile where all the others had about 20 people at them. Got down to Trolley Treats and were easily in the first batch. Then we walked back through there around 9:45 and they still had plenty of wristbands for the last almost two hours after opening time. The place got insane as the day went on. Adventure was a constant grid lock. It was unclear what you were lining up for because there were so many people that the Indy lines, FP distribution line, and the Jungle Cruise line became one huge mass of people. Line were posting huge wait times. ToT: 85 mins, SM:120 mins, RSR: 180 mins, IJA:100 mins, PoC: 40 mins, HMH: 65 mins, TSMM: 95 mins, INSANITY! We only made it through with FP lol!

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    sarcasm[ sahr-kaz-uh???m ]

noun

1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.

2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.
    Considering that we are on MC and your original post could have easily been something that many MCers would say and have said, and the fact that you used no indicators, tells me you may want to read below. Learning is fun!

How to Detect Sarcasm in Writing - wikiHow
    Q: How does one detect sarcasm online/in the written word?

Look for unusual usage of bold, CAPITAL, italics, or underlining that serve to emphasize sarcasm or scare quotes around words and phrases that are not from quoted material.
    A writer may choose to put a word in quotation marks (scare quotes) to indicate an unusual or ironic meaning.
    If the writing is extremely informal, a writer might put asterisks (*) around a word to emphasize the word or show sarcasm: “You know that I would just *love* that.”
    Writers may also use 'emoticons' such as a wink ;-), or a graphical eye rolling smiley, or perhaps just ::rolling eyes::. (Did you notice the scare quotes in the last sentence?)
    One also might use /sarcasm

Remember, no one can hear the inside of your brain!

~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Blew By You

Took my daughter to Disneyland on Saturday. It seemed crowded but it didn't seem like crazy crowded. I definitely have seen crowded conditions too. Anyday now, expect to hear on the news that Disneyland stopped ticket sales and closed its gates. It's become an annual event.

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    Took my daughter to Disneyland on Saturday. It seemed crowded but it didn't seem like crazy crowded. I definitely have seen crowded conditions too. Anyday now, expect to hear on the news that Disneyland stopped ticket sales and closed its gates. It's become an annual event.
    What part of the park were you hanging out in? The lines for the Dole whips were almost to Jungle Cruise.

My sister said that on Sat at 5:30 the line for Small World was to ToonTown. That seems really crowded. I can't remember the last time we waited more than 10 min. for it. And standing in a line to the Jungle Cruise for a Dole Whip is crazy because it was cold.

•   
    • Banned User

How can anyone go to the park during the last half of December and be surprised that it's full? This isn't news. It's been like that for well over 20 years, probably more. I was there in 12/27/1997 when they stopped letting people in at 10:30am and I wasn't the least bit surprised. It's Christmas in Disneyland, EVERYONE seems to want to go. What next, going to the beach in mid-July and being surprised that all the parking is gone?

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    How can anyone go to the park during the last half of December and be surprised that it's full? This isn't news. It's been like that for well over 20 years, probably more. I was there in 12/27/1997 when they stopped letting people in at 10:30am and I wasn't the least bit surprised. It's Christmas in Disneyland, EVERYONE seems to want to go. What next, going to the beach in mid-July and being surprised that all the parking is gone?

I love when others post exactly what I was thinking...

We've been here all week and it's been better then I expected.

However todays going to be crazy. It was ok at opening but when we left at ~10:00 people were just pouring in... worst then I've ever seen.

Harbors a mess and they were directing traffic at all the intersections... took the candy cane bus 20 minutes it make it back.

Not sorry we're flying out today... we were going to go back at 12 but we might reconsider and do something else until flight time.

A

sounds like Burbank and TDA needs to start really focusing on closing the Pumbaa lot soon and get going on a new parking structure.

Soon after that i think Anaheim is ready for a third gate built with the same quality and detail that the recent additions have had.

Three gates celebrating their own unique Holiday overlays would definately start helping spread out crowds. Anaheim has been busy since the DCA relaunch they might as well keep that momentum going.

Until that construction is done Disneyland and DCA could both use another high quality attraction to their roster

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    sounds like Burbank and TDA needs to start really focusing on closing the Pumbaa lot soon and get going on a new parking structure.
    I am guessing they won't move on the other parking structure because it would be admitting defeat. Increasing passengers per vehicle would be the way to go.

• Minion

December 27, 2012: Editors Note: Thursday and Friday are currently forecast as the busiest days of the year for both Anaheim parks. They’ve already been setting attendance records in the past week, but these two days have even higher estimates. With DCA now soaking up almost double the numbers it was getting a year ago, while keeping those throngs very pleasantly entertained, the Anaheim parks are firing on all cylinders. That's if you can find a place to park. Parking is now the Achilles heel for Anaheim, and they may run out of spaces before they run out of room in both parks. Take extra patience if you absolutely must visit Thursday or Friday.
    MiceChat - MiceAge

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    I know my sister wasn't neccessarily surprised it was crowded just commenting on how bad it was. I will never plan a trip during Christmas time. I don't want to go into those crowds on purpose. I have friends that are there today for their first trip and are only spending one day. Wish they'd have picked a different day to go because it would be hard to feel the love for DL in those crowds. But, someone did make their DDs day. She was wearing a princess dress and someone stopped her and asked her to sign their autograph book then gave her a pin. There are wonderful people out there .

• Minion

A new parking structure sounds about right. Really though, there shouldn't be any shock towards the heavy crowds. It's the end of the year.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

We went after 8pm and it really wasn't too bad then and after the fireworks it was quite pleasant. I think the cold night air really clears it out around 10pm, it's wonderful! Cold, but wonderful.
    Glitz, Glamour, Gaiety!

Touring plans tweeted this picture today of the ticket lines. Insane.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast