Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

Re: OMG - park was off the charts busy today!

^
    That sure looks like alot of fun to wait in.

Touring plans reported at DCA that RSR was 180 minutes, Soarin at 90, Toy Story at 90, Mermaid at 20, Screamin at 60, LFT at 60.

At DL, it had Splash at 75, BTMRR at 80, Haunted Mansion at 75, Autopia at 55, Matterhorn at 100, Space and Indy at 120, Star TOurs at 100, and even Pooh at 30!

This is absolutely crazy!!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    ^
    That sure looks like alot of fun to wait in.

Touring plans reported at DCA that RSR was 180 minutes, Soarin at 90, Toy Story at 90, Mermaid at 20, Screamin at 60, LFT at 60.

At DL, it had Splash at 75, BTMRR at 80, Haunted Mansion at 75, Autopia at 55, Matterhorn at 100, Space and Indy at 120, Star TOurs at 100, and even Pooh at 30!

This is absolutely crazy!!!!
    Holy cow...the exact reason why I refuse to visit at this time of the year.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

Here are some more wait times:
    TOT at 70, Goofy at 75, Jungle Cruise at 35, Toy Story at 100, Indy and Matterhorn at 110.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by loungefly97 View Post
    Touring plans tweeted this picture today of the ticket lines. Insane.
    If they weren't trying to be dramatic they would of has a photo of the east side, where you don't have Trams dumping hundreds of people at once and the biggest hotel's guests joing in.

Look at the hundreds of people who don't know how to plan ahead. E-tickets from Disneyland.com are a great time saver.

Disneyland hit capacity today at around 1 or 2. I went to the park for a few hours and it's insane. They were only letting people in that had a hand stamp for re-admission, but they have eased that up at least temporarily now. Tickets sold out at noon though. I truly do not understand why there are still so many people that buy their tickets at the gate and not online...

• Blew By You

Quote Originally Posted by monster heck View Post
    What part of the park were you hanging out in? The lines for the Dole whips were almost to Jungle Cruise.
    We were pretty much all over the place. I'm not discounting the crowds but we were not swamped too much. It appears that we were where the crowds wern't.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    If they weren't trying to be dramatic they would of has a photo of the east side, where you don't have Trams dumping hundreds of people at once and the biggest hotel's guests joing in.

Look at the hundreds of people who don't know how to plan ahead. E-tickets from Disneyland.com are a great time saver.
    Perhaps. But in my 3 years as a passholder I never saw that on even days that were 10/10 on the touring plans crowd calendar.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

I see crowds like this every year during our visit through NYE...nothing new.

So much for people staying away in droves due to price hikes. There is plenty of room for increases. Disneyland is still an incredible bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    Disneyland is still an incredible bargain.
    I wouldn't go that far.

•   
    • Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    sounds like Burbank and TDA needs to start really focusing on closing the Pumbaa lot soon and get going on a new parking structure.
    This, right here. Exactly. Disney plans things better than most governments, be they city, county or state. I expect Disney to see the need for infrastructure planning and address that first before moving onto "the third gate" or whatever. Fix the problems before starting the new project or disaster lies ahead.

@TTFN92, sorry dude, wasn't trying to beat up on your sister. I get that she was just surprised but yeah, it's Christmas in Disneyland. No one gets any elbow room, and wheelchairs and strollers have the most miserable time of all.

Thanks for posting that pic of the lines. I had a friend who was at the park on the 27th and honestly I felt so bad for the guy. It had to be the opposite of fun.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    I had a friend who was at the park on the 27th and honestly I felt so bad for the guy. It had to be the opposite of fun.
    Twenty years ago I would have felt badly for the Guests on those types of days, but in 2012 there's just no good excuse for not knowing you are going during the very busiest week of the year. Just five minutes of online research before you go plunk down hundreds of dollars for tickets can yield you all sorts of information to guide your purchase decision, and any modern consumer owes it to themselves to do that before making a big purchase. Going to Disneyland between Christmas and New Years and not expecting overflow crowds is like going to Huntington Beach on July 4th and expecting to find a place to park. It's just common sense; and more common sense is available for free with a five minute Google search if you don't have enough of your own.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123