Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

• Closed Account

Re: What year did they color the stone on Sleeping Beauty's castle?

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite goat View Post
    Wow! You're right, Sleeping Beauty Castle and the movie Sleeping Beauty have nothing to do with each other.
    NOW you're getting it! The castle came first.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

This thread has made me never look at the Castle in Dland the same ever again....

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Is it true that the castle is backwards? I heard that somewhere. About the pink, that many don't like. If the castle is backwards, and it was turned around, there would be more pink in the front than in the back.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Is it true that the castle is backwards? I heard that somewhere. About the pink, that many don't like. If the castle is backwards, and it was turned around, there would be more pink in the front than in the back.
    Only the top half is backwards.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Thanks for the clarification, about the top of the castle being backwards. I did a google search about it, and what I found was quite interesting.

Pink really has never been my favorite color. However, I think the castle has a nice mix of both pink and blue. Even if the pink is little bit close to a "hot pink".

The colors are not what excite me about the castle. Instead, there is a feeling that comes over me when I see it. A feeling of happiness. The castle is the entrance to my very favorite part of Disneyland, and that is Fantasyland. I can't help but be happy when I walk through the castle, and when I first see it. It represents the moment that "I am about to have a super great time".
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• I'm from Canada eh!

Thanks for the clarification, about the top of the castle being backwards. I did a google search about it, and what I found was quite interesting.

Pink really has never been my favorite color. However, I think the castle has a nice mix of both pink and blue. Even if the pink is little bit close to a "hot pink".

The colors are not what excite me about the castle. Instead, there is a feeling that comes over me when I see it. A feeling of happiness. The castle is the entrance to my very favorite part of Disneyland, and that is Fantasyland. I can't help but be happy when I walk through the castle, and when I first see it. It represents the moment that "I am about to have a super great time".
    Great post Bararaann! I tend to agree with you.

• Selfie Expert

I would like to think that THIS is the feeling Walt hoped to invoke. Pink, grey, whatever; that castle represents Disneyland, which in turn hopefully brings thoughts and feelings of happiness.

I don't think he would want people pretending they're experts to talk down to others because they have differing opinions and putting words in his mouth. Just a guess, though.

I just hope that most choose to not let people like that influence your personal experience of Disneyland. Most of these "experts" seem to be clearly miserable, only looking to belittle others while trying to gain some false sense of authority in their internet-based world. Talk about fantasies!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Most of these "experts" seem to be clearly miserable, only looking to belittle others while trying to gain some false sense of authority in their internet-based world. Talk about fantasies!
    +1

Well said and 100% true.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

When Louis Sullivan declared "That form ever follows from its function" he was speaking not just of the programmatic functions which would occur within, but also the emotional experience which was to be invoked. Sleeping Beauty Castle does not work alone in its emotional resonance. It's juxtoposition against and with Main Street, USA is all part of the form which follows Disneyland's emotional experience. The color scape does play a role in the revealing of this Magic Kingdom and its cardinal realms.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I don't think he would want people pretending they're experts to talk down to others because they have differing opinions and putting words in his mouth. Just a guess, though. Most of these "experts" seem to be clearly miserable, only looking to belittle others while trying to gain some false sense of authority in their internet-based world.
    Of whom are you speaking? I have seen no "talking down," nor have I seen anyone "miserable" here. Nor have I seen "belittling."

As for "experts," there are some here who have clearly studied the subject far more than others, and yes, are more knowledgeable. Why do you choose to "belittle" them by ascribing ulterior motives to their posts? The opportunity to learn more about the Park is an opportunity available to all. No need to disparage those who have done their homework. Indeed, we should utilize these resources to further our own edification.
    Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 12-31-2012 at 06:32 PM.

• Selfie Expert

Steve, I'll PM you to avoid derailing this thread further.

• Sultan of Swing

Well that Escalated Quickly....

Anyways does anyone have a picture of the castle before the 50th Repainting. I searched and I get Post 50th. Please and Thank You.
    Always read the fine print.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BugSam101 View Post
    Well that Escalated Quickly....

Anyways does anyone have a picture of the castle before the 50th Repainting. I searched and I get Post 50th. Please and Thank You.
    Looking for photos of Sleeping Beauty Castle at Hong Kong Disneyland should help give you an idea.

• Sultan of Swing

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...87222597_n.jpg

Thanks Lazyboy970 Yes I just looked at Hong Kong Disneyland as they appeared somehow magically on my Facebook feed. Do people want these colors to return to the park. I like this Idea but I oddly like the Pink too as I have come to know that those are the Castle colors to me at least.
    Always read the fine print.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by BugSam101 View Post
    Yes I just looked at Hong Kong Disneyland as they appeared somehow magically on my Facebook feed. Do people want these colors to return to the park. I like this Idea but I oddly like the Pink too as I have come to know that those are the Castle colors to me at least.
    That's what I've been saying, too. It seems like it comes down to how each person associates the colors of the castle, which is then associated with Disneyland and the happy feelings and memories we have there. I'd venture to say that those who grew up with the old colors prefer them, and those who grew up with the new scheme prefer those. Nostalgia strikes again! And I don't think it's a bad thing.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast