Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

What year did they color the stone on Sleeping Beauty's castle?

What year did they color the stone on Sleeping Beauty's castle?

Re: What year did they color the stone on Sleeping Beauty's castle?

I think they did it once in 83 for new fantasyland from white to pink then again in 05 from pink to a more saturated pink.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

It got its current colors in 2005, i do hear that it will be repainted in the near near future

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Minion

Here's how it looked on August 27, 1956...

• The "zip" in your doo dah

I'm still of the opinion that it's time to update the size of the castle in Disneyland. Nothing obnoxiously huge - but more commanding than what is currently there - and not as easily dwarfed by the landscaping (or the tourists standing in front of it).

• Minion

I think the current one is too pink. I think it gives some people the wrong impression that Disneyland is a place only for girls. With that said, I do hope they revert it to the original colors soon.

I like the current colors the way they are. The castle just pops with the pink blue and gold. The original just looks sort of dull in comparison. Plus the original castle concept art was light pink in the first place. Maybe a saturation level between pre and post 50th colors would look nice.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I think the current one is too pink. I think it gives some people the wrong impression that Disneyland is a place only for girls. With that said, I do hope they revert it to the original colors soon.
    It's called Sleeping Beauty Castle, not Prince Phillip Castle.

I know you guys get all huffy about things being pink, but do we really have to remove every featured instance of pink or femininity to comfort male masculinity? So much gets streamlined for a male demographic as it is...leave the castle alone.

You also have essentially the rest of the park with a harder, more "masculine" look. Fantasyland is Fantasyland. People don't avoid Disneyland because the castle has pink paint on it.

• Minion

ORDDU: Here, here! What a perfect way to put what you said, Pineapplewhipaddict, duckling! This is what my sisters and I have been trying to say for years! Not everything has to appeal mostly to the male persuasion of the population. When WDW's Fantasyland was being planned, too many concessions were made to the male perspective and not enough to the female. As you so eloquently said, there are already PLENTY of things at the parks that appeal to men. Let them not be so selfish as to want EVERYTHING at the parks to consider their preferences over that of the more feminine preferences!!

ORWEN: Well, I just wanna' say they really can't rebuild Sleeping Beauty's Castle any taller than it is because it would make the Matterhorn look too small. The skyline they have, now, is just fine. Besides that, we're all supposed to use our imaginations at the parks and pretend the castle and the Matterhorn are bigger than they are. Just like a little duckling does while playing, adults are supposed to suspend disbelief and fill in the gaps with their imaginations.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post

I know you guys get all huffy about things being pink, but do we really have to remove every featured instance of pink or femininity to comfort male masculinity? So much gets streamlined for a male demographic as it is...leave the castle alone.

You also have essentially the rest of the park with a harder, more "masculine" look. Fantasyland is Fantasyland. People don't avoid Disneyland because the castle has pink paint on it.
    I apologize, I did not mean to sound like a sexist in any way. I do not think that the pink color is bad, but I simply just want it toned down considerably in order to appeal to a broader audience.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Here's how it looked on August 27, 1956...

I just love the older look of the castle...where it was not as "colorful" just seems so much more real and gender friendly to me...the pink now seems to me anyway too cartoonie and going for just girls.

I used to love the castle's colors....but then they painted it bright pink

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post

It's a castle. A representation of a medieval device of defensive warfare. The imposing portcullis, crenellations and loopholes all support this. The castle should be re-painted to its more realisitic tones, as it was originally intended (even in concept art).

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    The castle should be re-painted to its more realisitic tones, as it was originally intended (even in concept art).
    I didn't realize Sleeping Beauty was a real story.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    It's a castle. A representation of a medieval device of defensive warfare. The imposing portcullis, crenellations and loopholes all support this. The castle should be re-painted to its more realisitic tones, as it was originally intended (even in concept art).
    Quote Originally Posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    I didn't realize Sleeping Beauty was a real story.
    Or that Disneyland was supposed to represent history with 100% accuracy...

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Or that Disneyland was supposed to represent history with 100% accuracy...
    But a pink castle is extremely unrealistic to the style it represents

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast