Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Glowing Ticket for Fantasmic, World of Color and Believe

Where was the world of color viewing section?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuuster View Post
    That is quite a negative outlook, why would it even matter if this is some last-ditch effort to sell glow hats? That doesn't seem like a strong reason to belittle this holiday special. It doesn't take away from anyone's enjoyment if the influx of crowds haven't already. Marketing isn't all this is. It's nice to have a place where all the glow hats can hangout, and be festive as a group, plus anyone can enjoy this feature during the holidays.
    It matters because again its another pay some more $ and we will make things better. Just buy a hat and you don't have to camp out for Fantasmic! Pay more for a better experience, while that may sounds like an obvious statement, it didn't always used to be that way.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    Next to blue, pretty much in the center ibelieve we were the third tier up
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    It matters because again its another pay some more $ and we will make things better. Just buy a hat and you don't have to camp out for Fantasmic! Pay more for a better experience, while that may sounds like an obvious statement, it didn't always used to be that way.
    But its not pay more for a better experience. Its pay more to get the same thing we once offered for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    But its not pay more for a better experience. Its pay more to get the same thing we once offered for free.
    You worded that a lot better then I did

Where eaxctly is the seating area for F!

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Paying more for a better experience has been around since you needed tickets to ride the attractions. When you ran out of E tickets it was buy more or you got a lesser experience than those that did. So IMHO this concept is nothing new.

Also, based on what I have read the F! section for the Glow with the Show Ears is far from better seating than those without the ears can get. Your wait may be shorter and your area may be less corwded but your view will be lesser, making it a wash in my opinion.

dsny1mom

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    For Fantasmic!, Guests should enter the viewing area near the entrance to the Rafts on Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyer Island. Guests may enter the special viewing area starting an hour before the show time. Enjoy the shows!"
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Isn't that the smoking section? The area around there (outside of the smokig area) usually has standing room right up until show time. That's where I saw F! for the first time at OMDD, and we know how crowded that was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natenob View Post
    Where eaxctly is the seating area for F!
    The area is behind the loading dock for the Tom Sawyer Rafts and on the right side of the smoking section.

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    In the middle, just right behind the Preferred Dining section.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Yeah I think that's just crap that "soon" there will be reserved viewing areas for people who are wearing those damn $24 dollar hats. It's almost like, well honey, if we want to get reserved seating or viewing here we'll have to pay 24 dollars EACH to wear a hat just to view a show and you can't even see your own hat which boggles my mind why you would pay to wear something that other people can only see.

I think this is all kinds of shady from Disneyland for doing this. Yes it is a limited time thing but they ARE trying it to see if they can put it into effect in the new year. And what's worse is it is "first come first serve" basis meaning if the average guest isn't smart about planning they buy the hats, arrive late and then wasted money on something they probably didn't want to buy in the beginning but only to use for the "reserved" viewing area.

Disney knows what they are doing and I blame DISNEYLAND for this poor show in an attempt to drive sales for a hat that people hear complain about after their trips for not working in the long run. THEREFORE if you return to Disneyland with a hat that doesn't work are you then forced to buy a new one that works to be a "part of the show".

Now again, I completely realize that I myself don't have to pay the money or participate in this BUT this whole thing takes away another viewing space for people who just want to view the shows without reserved areas. People just want to arrive and view without being told, well you can't stand here or there or other there but you can stand here and maybe other there. the average guest just wants to arrive and pick a spot and view. It's just more of a headache for the wallet and guests viewing Disneyland/DCA shows.

I also get that this is considered a premium for those who have money to burn on these viewing areas. What i don't get is if they were to put up a sign that said... to stand here you would have to pay 24 dollars. Would people pay to just stand in a viewing area. HELL NO. But the marketing gimmic of wearing a hat that you can keep and use elsewhere and in other shows means you still are literally paying 24 dollars to stand in a viewing area. The hat isn't the problem. It's Disneyland charging for a "pass" that looks like a hat that you can pay to use in certain shows to get in a "first come first serve" basis. There is no promise you will be let into the viewing area. I just don't like this for the average guest. The experienced guest may love this but for the casual guest, it's an experience that will either pay off in the end or create a negative experience.

Okay, that's my grip for the day.
    Last edited by Micoofy Duck; 12-26-2012 at 11:02 PM.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Embrace You!

Well said Mcoofy!

• New Mommy

While the glow ears might look cool, I think it's pretty dang obnoxious to have flashing ears blocking my view of shows, so I don't mind them being corralled in an area. I wish they required you to stand in an area if you choose to wear anything that may obstruct the view of other audience members.

I wish they had a "kid on your shoulders" reserved area... in the back, since the kids are up high anyway.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Yeah I think that's just crap that "soon" there will be reserved viewing areas for people who are wearing those damn $24 dollar hats. It's almost like, well honey, if we want to get reserved seating or viewing here we'll have to pay 24 dollars EACH to wear a hat just to view a show and you can't even see your own hat which boggles my mind why you would pay to wear something that other people can only see.
    You have touched on the major issue with Glow With The Show, the effect is not visible to the guest wearing the hat. Concentrating the hats into a small area will make the light effects more obvious and might increase hat sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
    . Concentrating the hats into a small area will make the light effects more obvious and might increase hat sales.
    This. Last time I saw world of color there were a few scattered through the crowd and the effect is truly lost, especially compared to the entire crowd on the passholder preview. Grouping them together makes it more visible for other guests and who will be more likely to buy. This was my first thought when I read the news.

Do they still have this for Fantasmic? I'll be seeing it for the first time in a few weeks and was wondering if I could do this, because I have a Glow with the Show hat!

• a damsel not in distress

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    While the glow ears might look cool, I think it's pretty dang obnoxious to have flashing ears blocking my view of shows, so I don't mind them being corralled in an area.
    this. last time i watched fantasmic!, the person in front of me had the glow with the show ears and it was super distracting, so i'm all for this new system.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast