82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

49 59.76%
  • No

33 40.24%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: If themed appropriately and priced fairly, would you like to see body dryers at D

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    In California?
    They have them at Knotts.

They are highly needed in California. It is drier here than in other areas of the country which means you will dry faster. But depending on what time of day you are wet you can be downright miserable if you aren't completely dry.

• MaliBOOMer

Re: If themed appropriately and priced fairly, would you like to see body dryers at D

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    They have them at Knotts.

They are highly needed in California. It is drier here than in other areas of the country which means you will dry faster. But depending on what time of day you are wet you can be downright miserable if you aren't completely dry.
    Depends on the person. I usually only ride water rides at night because lines are non-existent, I have no problem being a little cold.
    However I think ponchos eliminate the need to install dryers. If you don't want to be wet, use a poncho or avoid the ride on colder days or after dark.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    I thought about it, but then quickly realized it isn't necessary. None of the rides get you especially soaked. Even Grizzly River Run is relatively tame in the world of water rides. The shoes/socks thing is an issue, but that's easily fixed by just wearing flip flops or something while riding. Alternatively, you can bring or buy additional socks to change into.
    Yeah, I have gotten pretty wet on Grizzly, but never got more than a light mist on splash to make things damp.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I go on wet rides specifically to get wet. I like to get wet. On a hot day I love to get wet. And while I suppose there are people who would use them, I wouldn't and don't think they are needed.
    I agree. Judging from the ones that I have encountered in Legoland and Knott's the amount of guests actually using Disneyland's driers might not justify the cost of maintaining them. I mean, there's gotta be a pretty substantial cleaning effort that gets rid of that smell of foot & must everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Don't they run less water through the ride during the cold months so you don't get as wet?
    Good point. They do this for GRR too although that never guarantees that the guests won't get soaked. However, it is very rare to see guests walking out of these attractions soaked head to toe even during summer.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    If only they sold some sort of cheap shell that you could put on just for a quick water ride that kept you dry and was light weight enough and folded up small enough to carry without being a burden.
    Nice

• The doctor is in

I vote no for the sheer fact that if you go on a water ride you should expect to get wet. If people go on Splash Mountain or Grizzly River and expect to walk off the ride still dry then they don't understand the concept of water rides.

I wasn't too happy or comfortable walking around soaking wet for 4 hours after riding Splash Mountain in October, but it happens. If you don't want to get soaked then don't go on the ride.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• "I Break Things"

I could care less about body dryers. I just wish that non-water attractions didn't have wet seats from people who sought water based thrills beforehand!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• -

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I could care less about body dryers. I just wish that non-water attractions didn't have wet seats from people who sought water based thrills beforehand!
    Are you sure it was water on the seats?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Selfie Expert

My friends and I wore ponchos on a trip a couple weeks ago, and we still got soaked on Grizzly River (see my TR for photos of our ponchos and soak level) - though we rode it expecting to get wet (it's a water ride, after all). On Splash, I rarely get my whole body soaked but usually manage to get my right shoe soaked from water spilling over. Ponchos don't help that. Flip flops do, so I suppose there's an answer for everything!

And my sneakers totally stunk after Grizzly.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    My friends and I wore ponchos on a trip a couple weeks ago, and we still got soaked on Grizzly River (see my TR for photos of our ponchos and soak level) - though we rode it expecting to get wet (it's a water ride, after all). On Splash, I rarely get my whole body soaked but usually manage to get my right shoe soaked from water spilling over. Ponchos don't help that. Flip flops do, so I suppose there's an answer for everything!

And my sneakers totally stunk after Grizzly.
    I wore my slip-on Vans the day I got soaked on Splash Mountain and I wound up having to spray them with Febreeze when I got home. The smell of the water doesn't help much. They also went from white to a dark creme color real quick.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• formerly very helpful

Getting wet with no real way other than sun and time to dry you off is a good deterrent for some people,which helps limit line length, so I'd rather not see the dryers.

I wouldn't mind them really. They're about the size of a photobooth and can easily be tucked in a corner somewhere. Universal has them and they're pretty well themed. I don't know if they'd be necessary at Disneyland since Splash Mountain rarely soaks you (it will if your log is front heavy), but DCA could use them at Grizzly and the water play areas.

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    I wouldn't mind them really. They're about the size of a photobooth and can easily be tucked in a corner somewhere. Universal has them and they're pretty well themed. I don't know if they'd be necessary at Disneyland since Splash Mountain rarely soaks you (it will if your log is front heavy), but DCA could use them at Grizzly and the water play areas.
    I've used them at Universal - the problem with them is they basically don't work. After going on Jurassic Park, then paying twice for two goes in the dryer, I was still nowhere near dry.

Waste of money. I now carry a poncho and flip flops = problem solved (and I have got totally, I mean TOTALLY soaked on GRR!)

• HYDRA

^ same here
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
    I often wondered why Disneyland didn't have any. If for any other reason it is another way they can make money. I am sure they would be used,
    Disney however would charge $10 to use them, instead of the standard $5. In addition you get a special edition glow ears that change colors from blue to red as you dry. The dryers themselves would be in a special upgrade section of the park served with upgraded food and upgraded drinks.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast