View Poll Results: Body dryers at DLR?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

49 59.76%
  • No

33 40.24%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: If themed appropriately and priced fairly, would you like to see body dryers at D

I vote yes if they were free. Disney already charges too much for admission and well pretty much everything. It's like buying an Apple product, you're paying for the brand. Air is air. There would be nothing special or 'magical' about the air that would justify a cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    Disney however would charge $10 to use them, instead of the standard $5. In addition you get a special edition glow ears that change colors from blue to red as you dry. The dryers themselves would be in a special upgrade section of the park served with upgraded food and upgraded drinks.
    hehe yea those glow-with-the-show ears are a genius money maker. Get Mickey ears, put 3 LEDs in each ear (Red, Green, and Blue), put a circuit board that controls which LED(s) go on and how intense they are (to get different colors). Hook up an RF or w/e they use for communication and charge $25 for them...BAM profit!

Re: If themed appropriately and priced fairly, would you like to see body dryers at D

People, it's just water.

They have them at SeaWorld in San Diego. I think its maybe $5.00. I would prefer that over the poncho.
    But if they could get something that dries socks and shoes specifically, as difficult as that would be, yes I would go for that.
    With kind regards,
    The Tony

YES definetly, I can't imagine why somone would not want to see this...even if you desire to be wet walking around (???), it would make sense to have them for the water rides (of course themed/cost appropriatley) and for those who don't NEED them, then they don't need to use them! I could see more ride attendance if they were in place.

• Rock Star Minion

If I'm planning to get wet on an attraction at Disneyland, I dress appropriately in the first place.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MargyDisneylandLover

Okay a few years ago I would have said suck it up its a water ride. If you do not want to get wet then do not ride it!

However I have developed horrible skin sensitivities over the years and the water on the splash ( my all time favorite ride) and grr make it so bad for me that I am literally walking in pain..this last trip I only did splash twice and grr once because of this and usually i would ride each multiple times...now after I would finally dry off my pain would become somewhat relieved. Now if I had the option of having a body dryer to help alleviate the pain and allow to still ride my favorite attractions I would be all for it. That is just my two cents take it with a grain of salt if you like!
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkd View Post
    YES definetly, I can't imagine why somone would not want to see this...even if you desire to be wet walking around (???), it would make sense to have them for the water rides (of course themed/cost appropriatley) and for those who don't NEED them, then they don't need to use them! I could see more ride attendance if they were in place.
    You answered your own question...

Quote Originally Posted by bam1748 View Post
    People, it's just water.
    This.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    I thought about it, but then quickly realized it isn't necessary. None of the rides get you especially soaked. Even Grizzly River Run is relatively tame in the world of water rides. The shoes/socks thing is an issue, but that's easily fixed by just wearing flip flops or something while riding. Alternatively, you can bring or buy additional socks to change into.
    I would disagree with that. On my last trip, in September, we rode splash thinking we wouldn't get "especially soaked". We got BEYOND soaked, looked like we were attacked by a fire hose. It wasn't particularly warm that day, so we ended up with wet under ware for 5 hours. It was horrible...

So in short, body dryers would be nice, yes.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    I would disagree with that. On my last trip, in September, we rode splash thinking we wouldn't get "especially soaked". We got BEYOND soaked, looked like we were attacked by a fire hose. It wasn't particularly warm that day, so we ended up with wet under ware for 5 hours. It was horrible...

So in short, body dryers would be nice, yes.
    I agree...depending on when you ride and who else is in the ride vehicle with you, you CAN get soaked on both attractions.

There was one time at Splash where I swear, when we landed at the bottom of the briar patch, a wave went over the log. The water was that high. We were soaked to the skin, head to toe. When we got out of the ride I actually had to turn my purse - which had been on my lap - upside down and pour the water out.

• Minion

Blog Entries

BWAHAHA! that sounds like us! they put me in the front, my friend behind and her husband behind her, then a bunch of kids behind us. We are all...er...plus size. I wear an 18, they are bigger than I. I was SOAKED. It was awful. We got off the ride, left butt prints on the bench outside, WRUNG OUT our socks leaving huge puddle. It is hilarious to look back on, but it was terrible for a while there. Best part, I told my friend that you never get very wet on Splash....

•   
    • Minion

Ha ha, yes! That sounds like the exact same experience we had. We had a full boat and out of the six in the log, maybe four were larger. I'm somewhere in the middle - not too large, not too skinny - and they put me in the middle of the log. I just remember being absolutely miserable after getting off that ride! We were leaving wet footprints where we walked, and we didn't go on any other rides for a while because we were so soaked we would have left puddles. I also remember that the mascara I was wearing was apparently NOT waterproof and it ran, and I looked like a clown until I got to a restroom to wipe it all off. What I wouldn't have given for a warm, dry pair of socks...

The only, ONLY saving grace there was that one of us had brought ziploc bags (I do that now). She collected everyone's electronics and wrapped them in two or three layers of plastic, and when we got off the ride, they were the only things that weren't soaked. If I'd had my cell phone or camera in my bag, they would have been ruined.

It's never happened again since that time, but I always take evasive action before Splash now - the socks come off, the electronics go in plastic, and the purse and hoodie also go in plastic.

That's the great thing about lockers. You can change into different clothes if you wanted to.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    That's the great thing about lockers. You can change into different clothes if you wanted to.
    It just seems easier to dry the clothes rather than change the clothes.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    If I'm planning to get wet on an attraction at Disneyland, I dress appropriately in the first place.
    This.

Last time I rode Splash Mountain I purposely dressed in Under Armour. I stayed wet for hours but I was a lot more comfortable in UA shorts and a t-shirt than I would have been in wet jeans or something like that.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

It would be nice. Some people can't walk in something as flat as flip flops, especially for extended periods of time. The ponchos and towels sold at the park are expensive and then you have to carry these wet objects the rest of the day. And sometimes you don't think ahead of time to bring a cheapie that you wouldn't mind throwing away.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast