View Poll Results: Body dryers at DLR?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

49 59.76%
  • No

33 40.24%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

If themed appropriately and priced fairly, would you like to see body dryers at DLR?

I like to get wet on water rides (obviously), but I'd like to see Disney put in body dryers for those that don't want to walk around soaking wet if they don't want to.

If themed/located appropriately and priced reasonably, would you like to see body dryers at Disneyland Resort?

If you vote "No", I'd be curious as to why, so please leave a reply with your thoughts!

•   
    • MaliBOOMer

Re: If themed appropriately and priced fairly, would you like to see body dryers at D

In California?
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: If themed appropriately and priced fairly, would you like to see body dryers at D

I go on wet rides specifically to get wet. I like to get wet. On a hot day I love to get wet. And while I suppose there are people who would use them, I wouldn't and don't think they are needed.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

I often wondered why Disneyland didn't have any. If for any other reason it is another way they can make money. I am sure they would be used,

• New Mommy

I've never heard or seen such a thing - but I would love it for the days where it's a bit too cold to be soaked but I REALLY want to ride Splash or Grizzly River Run!! Even just a shoe dryer would work... haha

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Banned User

How about just a row of laundromat dryers that you can pay a quarter to hop into for five minutes and spin around? FastPass it, even.

•   
    • MaliBOOMer

If only they sold some sort of cheap shell that you could put on just for a quick water ride that kept you dry and was light weight enough and folded up small enough to carry without being a burden.

Name:  tumblr_mec6dfhAAo1r5xw8eo1_500.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  71.4 KB
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    On a hot day I love to get wet.
    I'm thinking of those not-so-hot days when it takes forever to dry off. Walking around with wet shoes after going on Splash Mountain, especially at night, isn't ideal.

• Minion

I thought about it, but then quickly realized it isn't necessary. None of the rides get you especially soaked. Even Grizzly River Run is relatively tame in the world of water rides. The shoes/socks thing is an issue, but that's easily fixed by just wearing flip flops or something while riding. Alternatively, you can bring or buy additional socks to change into.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    If only they sold some sort of cheap shell that you could put on just for a quick water ride that kept you dry and was light weight enough and folded up small enough to carry without being a burden.
    I agree - I think that would work better than body dryers. Or perhaps they could sell souvenir towels at the exits for a reasonable price (although "reasonable" at Disneyland is relative).

I've gotten soaked to the skin on Splash before - but I've gone on the ride knowing that might happen. And I went on the ride with the desire to get wet. I don't know that I would use a body dryer.

I guess there might be those who would use the body dryers - and I guess they could also come in handy for things like accidents with children. If your kid wets himself or spills a drink all over their clothes, being able to stick them under a body dryer might really help. If you're caught in a downpour at the park it could also help. I don't necessarily think there would be a huge market for this, though.

• -

I don't think they are really necessary and since space is at a premium at Disneyland, I would have to see it wasted with such a novelty.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Don't they run less water through the ride during the cold months so you don't get as wet?
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• former CM

I've purchased effective, disposable ponchos at 99 Cents Only stores--2 for 99.9 cents, but they don't always carry them in L.A. Target has inexpensive ones in their camping department.

And Old Navy sells flip flops, 2 pair for $5. Having dry shoes and socks is worth carrying flip flops in a backpack in my case. (Do only my running shoes get smelly when wet? )

• Minion

I don't know. I would probably never use them, so I guess my answer is no.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
    I often wondered why Disneyland didn't have any. If for any other reason it is another way they can make money. I am sure they would be used,
    I think they would be nice, but don't want to see them like at other places where you have to pay to dry off. I think they aren't there to increase percieved value by not charging people to feel comfortable. Give guests no choice and they won't consider if Disney is getting them wet to make the guests pay to get dry.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast