What is being constructed along Ball road?

The other day I noticed that they were doing some earth-moving Northwest of M&F parking structure.
    Does anybody here know what they are building? Is this now Disney Property?
    Name:  NewConst.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  108.1 KB

• Under that tree again!

Re: What is being constructed along Ball road?

Interesting. What does that white sign on the near contruction fence say?

It's next to the ball cast parking so it could be an extentions of Disney property. But with the work there and not opening up the area between the existing parking I'd guess not.

• No Disassemble!

Hmm, it's too small to be a staff lot extension. I'd bet on it being another restaurant or maybe a gas station.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Minion

That was the site of the old Cattleman's Wharf restaurant. The restaurant closed years ago and was for sale for awhile, but was condemned and fenced off several years ago. It sat there in deepening neglect. But back in the 1970's and 80's it was a "fancy restaurant" with a big party room and was the site of many famous and infamous Cast Member banquets and dinner dances. Maybe it's being turned into more parking? The BCML parking has overflowed several times this holiday season, sending CM's to park in the neighborhoods nearby instead.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

I'm pretty sure that is a location for a New Motel cause I remember walking passed that fence off area last year when exiting M&F. I saw a sign that said something about a motel coming soon.
    Last edited by SoCalbma; 12-24-2012 at 01:46 AM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    I'm pretty sure that is a location for a New Motel cause I remember walking past that fence off area last year when exiting M&F. I saw a sign that said something about a motel coming soon.
    Thanks SoCalbma for the 411. It makes sense too since right now there's a huge accommodations boom brought on by Cars Land.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    That was the site of the old Cattleman's Wharf restaurant. The restaurant closed years ago and was for sale for awhile, but was condemned and fenced off several years ago. It sat there in deepening neglect. But back in the 1970's and 80's it was a "fancy restaurant" with a big party room and was the site of many famous and infamous Cast Member banquets and dinner dances. Maybe it's being turned into more parking? The BCML parking has overflowed several times this holiday season, sending CM's to park in the neighborhoods nearby instead.
    Wow, I remember that restaurant...
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

...I saw a sign that said something about a motel coming soon.
    Thanks.
    Yeah, I remember the Cattleman's Wharf.
    Too bad they are not building a new restaurant there, but I guess Motels are more lucrative?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Hmm, it's too small to be a staff lot extension. I'd bet on it being another restaurant or maybe a gas station.
    It a large property, enough to add a couple hundred spots to the BCML. Bigger than most of the lots that the hotels on Harbor are on. Still unless they were pulling out the trees and fence I wouldn't guess it be more parking.

I'm pretty sure that is a location for a New Motel cause I remember walking passed that fence off area last year when exiting M&F. I saw a sign that said something about a motel coming soon.
    Sounds plausible, although after a year plans could of changed. A restaurant would be possible. A gas station is unlikely since unless built in front of a grocery store, they are usually built on corner lots.

It looks like the old sign is still along Ball. I think that sign directs people to the Holiday Inn on Walnut, north of the Mickey and Friends Garage. It would be kind of wierd to build say a Best Western with a Holiday Inn sign in front.