Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: If there's time for Pixar Play to run at night, so can Electrical.

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I loved the Electrical Parade, but I would love to see something NEW!
    Yes! MSEP is awesome but imagine what we could come up with today. LEDs, Projection and all the stuff they didn't have then. Pair that with a soundtrack by Daft Punk and we've got perfection!!
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    You're logic only works for 1/2 of the year. Once Summer comes back around there will once again be the same conflict. .
    which I addressed. Did you read the whole post?

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Pixar Play Parade (which has more than outlived its welcome)
    That would be a matter of opinion.

So what's the deal? Why hasn't this been brought back yet?
    I would rather see it on Main Street.

Quote Originally Posted by wdwfan22 View Post
    The Electrical Parade is about to fall apart and wouldn't make the trip back to California.
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Pair that with a soundtrack by Daft Punk and we've got perfection!!
    No thanks.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    That would be a matter of opinion.
    No. Not only is it worn out and a weak replacement for Block Party, but it does nothing for the new reinforced themes of the park.

which I addressed. Did you read the whole post?
    No you didn't address it at all. You said it "wouldn't be a problem for most." That doesn't fix the issue, you're just ignoring the problem all together. Its pointless and not economically feasible from an operations standpoint.

No. Not only is it worn out and a weak replacement for Block Party, but it does nothing for the new reinforced themes of the park.
    Thats completely a matter of opinion. The phrase "a weak replacement for Block Party" is highly debatable, but MSEP also does nothing to reinforce the themes of the park.

No thanks.
    I dont mean their current songs, but hire them to create an original soundtrack like they did for tron legacy. There was some great music and cool sounds in that movie. Shows they can go outside their comfort zone.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Thats completely a matter of opinion. The phrase "a weak replacement for Block Party" is highly debatable, but MSEP also does nothing to reinforce the themes of the park.
    Bolded part is correct. Some with children may find that the Block Party is fantastic, which I have. Others may think as Darth Maul does.

Funny thing about opinions....they aren't fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    How is this possible. The Disneyland Resort spent quite a bit of money upgrading it before shipping it off to Florida. Surely even Walt Disney Worlds maintenance is truly not that horrible that the Parade is already ready to fall apart after only a couple of years down in Orlando.
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwfan22 View Post
    The Electrical Parade is about to fall apart and wouldn't make the trip back to California. I don't see it on the entertainment schedule in Florida for much longer either. Only downfall is I don't see a nighttime parade on the horizon for Florida.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^not saying it is but....have you see Everest....Splash Mountain and other rides over there...they don't take of there equipment over there like over here at Disneyland

that does not surprise me, one of the reasons that Anaheim had to spend so much money in getting the Electrical Parade back up and running was because the last time it was used at WDW they let it deteriorate and even damaged several of the floats.

• Banned User

No you didn't address it at all. You said it "wouldn't be a problem for most." That doesn't fix the issue, you're just ignoring the problem all together. Its pointless and not economically feasible from an operations standpoint.

Again, yes I did. I said it could be made as a fall offering. This has happened in the past when the parade came for the xmas season. Again, please read my whole post.

Second, I stand by my statement about Pixar Play. Electrical is not only more of an old school style play which matches the periods reflected in the revamped park, but it's a California original parade, which is how it was marketed when brought to DCA. Pixar is too modern and only focuses on characters that aren't all that popular. It would be fine if those were lesser known Disney characters, but the Pixar once just don't have the same connection. Incredibles, for instance, has not stood the test of time (and I would argue Monsters hasn't either, despite the sequel coming). Nothing about that is an opinion.

• -

No.
    Nothing about that is an opinion.
    Opinion

In general, an opinion is a belief about matters commonly considered to be subjective, i.e., it is based on that which is less than absolutely certain, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts.

The above definition is spot on. One person may view the parade as something that needs to be replaced, however there are others who still flock to the side of the parade route to watch it. Until there is nobody watching any more, those statements are purely opinion

but it does nothing for the new reinforced themes of the park.
    Parades typically don't enforce the theme of their parks. What did the Lion King, World According to Goofy, 45 Years of Magic, Soundsational, or even the Electrical Parade do for Main Street?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

ORDDU: The parades you mention weren't intended to enhance the theme for Main Street USA but they did have relevance for Adventureland, Fantasyland, Toon Town along with Disneyland as a whole. So, actually, Disneyland DOES traditionally endorse the theme of itself. Sometimes it may focus on just one aspect of a particular land. But there is an obvious tie-in.

• Banned User

Opinion

In general, an opinion is a belief about matters commonly considered to be subjective, i.e., it is based on that which is less than absolutely certain, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts.

The above definition is spot on. One person may view the parade as something that needs to be replaced, however there are others who still flock to the side of the parade route to watch it. Until there is nobody watching any more, those statements are purely opinion
    I stand by what I said.

Second, I stand by my statement about Pixar Play. Electrical is not only more of an old school style play which matches the periods reflected in the revamped park, but it's a California original parade, which is how it was marketed when brought to DCA. Pixar is too modern and only focuses on characters that aren't all that popular. It would be fine if those were lesser known Disney characters, but the Pixar once just don't have the same connection. Incredibles, for instance, has not stood the test of time (and I would argue Monsters hasn't either, despite the sequel coming). Nothing about that is an opinion.

I disagree. Pixar has much more to represent then Electrical. Electrical is classic Disney should be in Disneyland. If you are refering to Buena Vista street, even that isn't Elctrical parade. Electrical parade reflects more like the 70's to 80's not like Buena Vista street.
    Pixar is more DCA; Monsters Inc=There is a ride in DCA. Finding Nemo=there is talking with Crush. toy Story = Toy Story Mania. Also Car's Land and Bug's Land are both Pixar.
    IMO Pixar parade is a much better fit than Electrical parade.

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    Good question. Pixar Play Parade had to return with altered floats and lose Ratatoullie because of the wires limiting the height of parade floats in the park.
    Yeah. That's what I am afraid of happening to Electrical Parade. I would hate to see that happen to Elliot's float. That is one of the best things in that parade. They might have to change the parade route for that though.

Overall, I think you're trying to objectify something that is obviously subjective. You want MSEP back, fair. Your support arguments are weak at best.

Again, yes I did. I said it could be made as a fall offering. This has happened in the past when the parade came for the xmas season. Again, please read my whole post.
    I don't see this as a solution just avoiding the problem together. Its like saying a ride only works at night because in the day you'll be able to see backstage material and then saying to only operate the ride at night. MSEP is not a seasonal parade nor was it ever meant to be a seasonal parade.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast