Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: If there's time for Pixar Play to run at night, so can Electrical.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    Overall, I think you're trying to objectify something that is obviously subjective. You want MSEP back, fair. Your support arguments are weak at best.

I don't see this as a solution just avoiding the problem together. Its like saying a ride only works at night because in the day you'll be able to see backstage material and then saying to only operate the ride at night. MSEP is not a seasonal parade nor was it ever meant to be a seasonal parade.
    That analogy doesn't work. Regardless of what YOU think it was meant to be, the parade was offered as a seasonal show for several years. One of the biggest deterrents for its return was scheduling, so all I'm saying is that that's not an excuse in the fall, when there's clearly time for a night time parade, since they're doing one and Electrical was already run as a holiday offering in the past. I'm not making an argument. These are just facts of the matter.

In response to previous posters questioning World's maintenance, it is well known how lackluster World's maintenance can be. Splash Mountain falls apart regularly, the Yeti on Expedition Everest hasn't moved in 5 years, the resort still has 25 year old monorails, and Fantasmic hasn't been upgraded in 15 years. It wouldn't surprise me if the MSEP hasn't been maintained properly during it's tenure in Orlando.

Back on topic, there is a rumor going around that Disneyland doesn't want the MSEP back and World doesn't want it either and may scrap it permanently. There's also a rumor that Spectromagic hasn't been maintained for the past several years and Team Disney Orlando would rather spend its refurb money on a new nighttime parade and completely scrap it too.
    Last edited by MickeyM; 12-27-2012 at 09:46 PM.

• Banned User

That rumors a first around here. We've heard nothing but stories about how it will return in either DCA or DL.

• Diva Extrodinaire

How about revamping the Stars and Motor Cars Parade and bringing it to DCA, adding some dancers and stuff? Perfect fit for DCA. It could be part-Hollywood motorcade, part-road trip. And honestly, a new nighttime parade for DCA would be great once World of Color sees a little decline in overall popularity. Especially since the viewing area backs up in to the parade route.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyM View Post
    In response to previous posters questioning World's maintenance, it is well known how lackluster World's maintenance can be. Splash Mountain falls apart regularly, the Yeti on Expedition Everest hasn't moved in 5 years, the resort still has 25 year old monorails, and Fantasmic hasn't been upgraded in 15 years. It wouldn't surprise me if the MSEP hasn't been maintained properly during it's tenure in Orlando.
    Walt Disney World's maintenance issues are well documented. Its not the question I had originally put forward. The Electrical Parade was refurbished quite recently before being shipped to the East Coast. WDW and its maintenance team have only had the Parade for a couple of years. Surely it can't be so bad already that the floats would fall apart on the return shipping to Disneyland after such a small time-frame. The problems with WDW and attractions are down to maintenance issues being left over a long time and not addressed. This just sounds to dramatic to be in such a state after only a couple of years. When you look at how long WDW keeps Parades going for at the Parks. Several of the Halloween/Christmas floats have been with us since the 80's. It doesn't make sense that the Electrical Parade would already be in such disrepair that it would fall apart on the return shipping after on a couple of years down in Orlando. I'm not disputing the floats would most likely need another refurbishment on its return to Disneyland. But I just question if its as dramatic as the original poster described?

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: The parades you mention weren't intended to enhance the theme for Main Street USA but they did have relevance for Adventureland, Fantasyland, Toon Town along with Disneyland as a whole. So, actually, Disneyland DOES traditionally endorse the theme of itself. Sometimes it may focus on just one aspect of a particular land. But there is an obvious tie-in.
    Main Street has always been one of the prime spots for parade viewings. The commercials advertising parades are filmed there as well. That is why I used Main Street in my post to point out that parades have never been themed to the land that they were in.

In addition, one parade I mentioned was the Main Street Electrical Parade. One would think that having “Main Street” in the title the parade would be suited to the land. Therefore, I stand by the argument that it doesn’t matter if the Pixar Parade is themed to California as parades are not typically themed to their surroundings.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Main Street has always been one of the prime spots for parade viewings. The commercials advertising parades are filmed there as well. That is why I used Main Street in my post to point out that parades have never been themed to the land that they were in.

In addition, one parade I mentioned was the Main Street Electrical Parade. One would think that having “Main Street” in the title the parade would be suited to the land. Therefore, I stand by the argument that it doesn’t matter if the Pixar Parade is themed to California as parades are not typically themed to their surroundings.
    Fair enough, but they at least don't stick out like a sore thumb. Disneyland covers a lot of visual ideas, so almost any parade there will work somehow. Pixar Parade fits the original modern feel of the park, but really clashes with the current old school feel.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Pixar Parade fits the original modern feel of the park, but really clashes with the current old school feel.
    I see where you're coming from, and I can really argue either way on this. However, until a viable replacement is ready, they may as well let it continue to run as long as it's still drawing crowds.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I see where you're coming from, and I can really argue either way on this. However, until a viable replacement is ready, they may as well let it continue to run as long as it's still drawing crowds.
    That's harder to judge with parades though. ANY parade will draw a crowd, as most guests haven't seen it. I'm not sure how a parade is deemed a success as far as entertainment value and quality goes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123