• AKA - DisneyChris

Amount of Live Entertainment on the Rise

Has anyone noticed that the amount of live entertainment in the parks has been increasing of late, and also has been growing in quality over the past year or so, such as the Voices of Liberty at the Opera House.

Is there someone new in charge of entertainment at the parks? I have noticed a major difference. Up until the mid 80's or so, live entertainment was everywhere in the parks, all day long every day, but a steady decline seemed to occur through the 90's and especially the 2000's.

I hope this new change is a growing trend.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Amount of Live Entertainment on the Rise

Well also prices for these entertainers have gone up enough for Disney for a while to try to be on the cheap....and since tickets are soooo over priced right now they can afford these little shows

Though to be honest....I don't care much for the little shows rather have them spend all the money on BIGGER shows then little shows but I know many people love the little shows too

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Well also prices for these entertainers have gone up enough for Disney for a while to try to be on the cheap....and since tickets are soooo over priced right now they can afford these little shows

Though to be honest....I don't care much for the little shows rather have them spend all the money on BIGGER shows then little shows but I know many people love the little shows too
    But there are already so many big shows that there isn't much room to keep expanding those. Aladdin in DCA, something I'd consider a big show, could be changed and there's room for that in the daily schedule, but to interfere with fireworks, World of Color, and Fantasmic! is treading really dangerous territory. Adding smaller shows means much fewer "casualties."

• Oh, I just LOVE your hat!

I don't usually watch the smaller shows, only the headliner acts. I have nothing against them, and think they're great to have in the park, but I personally like spending my time in the parks watching the big productions with the big booms and the amazing soundtracks if that makes sense.
    Because Bert Said So!

• Banned User

They need to bring back the big band jazz acts and rock bands, such as Les Brown and His Band of Renown and Papa Doo Run Run. Remember them? They're still around and still entertaining audiences, although there have been some member changes over the years.

Band of Renown - Branson, Mo.

PAPA DOO RUN RUN - California Beach Party Band - Beach Boys tribute band, Re-creating the hits of the Beach Boys, Classic Rock, Surf music, Surf band, California Music - it's all there.

• AKA - DisneyChris

I think the atmosphere entertainment adds to the overall Disney experience. It is a fine detail that adds to the magic of the park, and helps to emphasize the overall theme of all the different lands. It is also the kind of thing that is nice to have while you are taking a break between rides, having a quick snack, shopping, ect. I don't think of them as shows, but as background ambiance, adding to the show that is Disneyland itself.

They do still have this type of entertainment, and always have even during the lean years over the past decade post 911, but it has slowed down quite a bit. There used to be a lot more. And it seems like they are trending towards getting back to the days when there was more. I think this is a good trend, and I hope it continues.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• SORCERER

Don't forget about te Mad T Party too, I would consider that a big show too, DCA has Alladin, World of Color, Pixar Play Parade, and the Mad T Party, and a variety of smaller shows all day (P&F, Disney Jr live, Dancing with Disney.....) I would say we have a great selection of entertainment options.
    l
    DCA and Disneyland almost match each level at the same levels. It's great to have such options, though it would be nice to see more variety in the parades, I remember when I wnt to disney world when I was 12 back in August 2003 and they had a variety of different parades at magic kingdom, wish disneyland offered the same, instead of sounds atonal parade everyday (I believe holiday parade is wrapping up jan 6th)