Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• The doctor is in

Re: Is There a Rainy Day Ticket Policy for Illness?

I wash my hands whenever I get a chance when I go to Disneyland. Touching seatbelts, railings, restraints, ropes, other people by accident, and just about everything else. It just is gross when you take the time to think about it.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I wash my hands whenever I get a chance when I go to Disneyland. Touching seatbelts, railings, restraints, ropes, other people by accident, and just about everything else. It just is gross when you take the time to think about it.
    I work very,very, very hard to not think about it!!!

Hey SaskMouse,

What part of Saskatchewan are you from? I'm from Prince Albert, but now I live near the park! It's good to know I'm not the only Sask micechatter!

JediPrincess

Quote Originally Posted by JediPrincess View Post
    Hey SaskMouse,

What part of Saskatchewan are you from? I'm from Prince Albert, but now I live near the park! It's good to know I'm not the only Sask micechatter!

JediPrincess
    Saskatoon. Previously Regina and grew up in Prince Albert!

In the airline business, a visibly ill passenger such as this kid would have been, would be refused boarding, and I am sure Disney would be within their rights to ask them to leave because of a visible illness.

Just shows that your gonna pre-pay how important travel insurance is, or best suggestion if no insurance is to be bought, do pre-pay anything you don't have to, such as hotel and park tickets.

• Under that tree again!

While travel insurance would of worked in this situation it is a product I strongly suggest nobody ever use.

It has an extremely low payout. That's thousands of people buy it for every claim and not every claimed is worth a lot of money.

A couple options: Get a credit card that provides some insurance. Also you can go to Nevada and throw the insurance premium down on a roulette table. You are far more likely to parlay the premium into a $50,000 payout playing a game of chance.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    While travel insurance would of worked in this situation it is a product I strongly suggest nobody ever use.

It has an extremely low payout. That's thousands of people buy it for every claim and not every claimed is worth a lot of money.

A couple options: Get a credit card that provides some insurance. Also you can go to Nevada and throw the insurance premium down on a roulette table. You are far more likely to parlay the premium into a $50,000 payout playing a game of chance.
    I don't know many people who buy insurance with the hope they get to use it. The cost of non-refundable tickets and medical bills can many far in excess any premium would be.

My last trip the insurance was only 22 and some change, far less then the change fee the airline would charge if I had to change a flight due to an illness.

•   
    • Minion

American Express has a credit card with some limited free travel insurance attached - Blue Sky.

Also, the free travel insurance attached to International Student, Youth and Teacher cards, if you're eligible for any of those (they're like $25/year) is pretty nice. When I was in college I ended up having emergency surgery in another country, and even though I had regular medical insurance, I was still able to put in a claim for the ISIC's policy. They gave me back about $500. Obviously that didn't cover the whole surgery, but it certainly helped.

42 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post

Thank you to all who have posted on this subject. It has made me realize the lack of responsibility on the part of the individuals in that group. At the very least one person could have sacrificed their day in order to keep the kid back at their hotel. In the hundreds of times I have visited Disneyland I have never either been as sick or have come across someone as sick as that kid was that night. Perhaps at the ticket booth, or front gate, or city hall this kid's case may not have seemed worthy of a reimbursement/rain check but that night I really believe that kid might have vomited himself unconscious. At the least I'd expect the CM's to inform the guests that if they did choose to venture into the park that first aid is available, yet in our encounter with the guests they hadn't a clue where the first aid office was and otherwise felt generally helpless when it came to their encounters with CMs.

At the end of the day guests are always responsible for the illnesses of themselves or their kids. But that doesn't mean that the employees of a resort, or the resort company itself, can't make efforts to mitigate the risk of contamination for the sake of it's other guests. At the rate this kid was vomiting throughout the park it is likely that he may have infected many people with a serious illness. Fortunately for me and my family we all were vaccinated so the four of us all spent only a day or two having tolerable symptoms, but think about the people who are not vaccinated who may be feeling the same way that kid was.

Once when my son was about 4 we planned a vacation with 3 other families from the Central Valley to go to DL for 4 days and stay at the hotel. After our first day there my son got sick. I stayed in the hotel with him while my husband and friends took our other son to the park for the remainder of our vacation. Yes, it was sad for my son to miss a vacation, but I would rather have stayed in and watched boring tv than infect others or have my son get worse. I don't understand why this family couldn't have done the same thing.
    Disney bucket list:

Go to Club 33
    Tour the Walt Disney Studios
    Work for Disney

•   
    • Banned User

You are a responsible parent and all around human being. You made the right choice.

+1 = StaceeyL

Viri take some time to go from person to person even with contact, many people wont get sick. The filthiest thing in a persons hand is their cellphone.

• Sock Puppet

nah i don't ever remember that type of ticket or anything..if there was they should of given one to me also when the person behind me going up the stairs at the train literally pushed me and i fell forward with my camera in my hand and not only broke my camera and lens(old camera) but i tore the nail on my toe and had to go first aid with blood dripping down my foot. because after that it was painfull to walk around the park and we had to go home..BUT AS FOR AS someone being sick at the park, its gonna happen just wash your hands a lot. and if that kid was really that sick, well they should of taken him home but some people aren't that responsible. or he might of gotten food poisoning or he might have cancer and the Kemo(sp?) is irritating his stomach .. who knows his condition, but again take hand santizer, wash your hands a lot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123