Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: Has the phrase "Disneyland will never be completed..." become negative?

I have always seen this phrase as an optimistic statement by Walt that his park would continue to improve for the better.

I have seen this phrase misused and held up as a defense to support inferior ideas or poor changes. Imagineering could tear down Main Street and replace it with Times Square and tear down the castle and replace it with Twin tower replicas and there would be individuals quoting Walt's phrase.

This phrase supports the ideals of Disneyland that sit at the base of the Main Street flagpole. The phrase supports the words that sit above the entrance tunnels. When one begins to put all of the phrases together, along with Walt's vision of families enjoying attractions together, one begins to see the spirit in which Disneyland was created.

It's easy to see why folks become uneasy when the Disneyland spirit is violated. Using the "never complete" argument has nothing to do with it.

Disneyland is not a museum. I agree. Nor is Disneyland a golf course, a retirement home, a courthouse, or a freeway interchange. I agree. Disneyland is a theme park crafted on a vision.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    It is The one motto Walt quoted that the corporation uses to justify the removal of attractions and the addition of usually inferior replacements.

MBA's make most of the "creative" decisions at Disney Corp. these days. They disregard almost all of Walt's ideals.
    Well, they make decisions whether to green-light or red-light other people's creative ideas.
    That's not actually being creative. Not even in quotes.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    I have always seen this phrase as an optimistic statement by Walt that his park would continue to improve for the better.

I have seen this phrase misused and held up as a defense to support inferior ideas or poor changes. Imagineering could tear down Main Street and replace it with Times Square and tear down the castle and replace it with Twin tower replicas and there would be individuals quoting Walt's phrase.

This phrase supports the ideals of Disneyland that sit at the base of the Main Street flagpole. The phrase supports the words that sit above the entrance tunnels. When one begins to put all of the phrases together, along with Walt's vision of families enjoying attractions together, one begins to see the spirit in which Disneyland was created.

It's easy to see why folks become uneasy when the Disneyland spirit is violated. Using the "never complete" argument has nothing to do with it.

Disneyland is not a museum. I agree. Nor is Disneyland a golf course, a retirement home, a courthouse, or a freeway interchange. I agree. Disneyland is a theme park crafted on a vision.
    Once again, I agree.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• Doombuggy Rider

I can embrace change if it's for all the right reasons (i.e. whenever a ride, or attraction, requires rehabbing due to neglect and / or lack of quality maintenance) ....

I can not accept change if there was nothing wrong in the first place (i.e. shortening the time on a ride, or attraction, to increase hourly capacity and / or adding another gift shop at the exit to schill out more poor quality over priced merchandise) ....

Sometimes it works (i.e. Haunted Mansion Holiday makeover) .....

Sometimes it doesn't (i.e. new Matterhorn Sleds) ....

Sometimes Executives need to pay attention (i.e. let Corporate Sponsorship finance improvements vs. passing that onto the Park Guests with higher prices) ....

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345