Question jan 4-6 first solo trip.. advice? help?

so i'm going back to Disneyland for the first time in 6 years. gonna be there jan 4-6, staying off property but walking distance.

definately wanna do everything that's been updated since 2006 (my 07 trip was barely a day long and it was so crowded i barely went on anything) plus, i'm an open to closer.. then an hour or so in dtd.

any advice? tips? anything specific i should know? i've been doing lots of research but i'm an over-planner.

also:
    which is the fastest teacup?
    recommended viewing area for woc for a first timer? (i prefer a wide view where i can see everything)
    also- is it possible to walk from angel stadium to the park?
    and i'm looking to try a new ride i've been too scared to do: either space or splash. i've done matterhorn, btmrr, and i go fast on tea cups. get a little scared on indy though..

if i can think of anything else i'll add, but thank you in advance!!

• World of Color

Re: jan 4-6 first solo trip.. advice? help?

Just a little advice if you have the magic morning make sure you get California Adventure to get a fastpass for radiator springs racers. 1. Don't know which one is the fastest teacup 2. The bridge would be the best place for World of Color for the first time (Blue Zone) 3. It is a very long walk from the Harbor entrance to Angel Stadium

• Under that tree again!

Use the Single Rider lines. Rides & Attractions | Disneyland Resort

Fastest Tea Cup, I don't know if one is easier to spin, but they all move together.

For World of Color you need to get a FP at the Grizzly river run distribution. No matter if it's for blue or yellow, return early and once they let you into Paradise Park head for the middle or top tier and center of the park where the colors meet.

For RSR, get a FP right after the park opens or use the single rider line, one might be faster than the other.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by ministrychick77 View Post
    so i'm going back to Disneyland for the first time in 6 years. gonna be there jan 4-6, staying off property but walking distance.

definately wanna do everything that's been updated since 2006 (my 07 trip was barely a day long and it was so crowded i barely went on anything) plus, i'm an open to closer.. then an hour or so in dtd.

any advice? tips? anything specific i should know? i've been doing lots of research but i'm an over-planner.

also:
    recommended viewing area for woc for a first timer? (i prefer a wide view where i can see everything)
    and i'm looking to try a new ride i've been too scared to do: either space or splash. i've done matterhorn, btmrr, and i go fast on tea cups. get a little scared on indy though..

If you have done BTMRR, then Space shouldn't be a problem.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

I did a solo day once and went ahead a splurged on the Walk in the Footsteps of Walt tour. It is tons of info and will fill up lots of time.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• Blew By You

A walk from Angel Stadium to Disneyland is a definite long walk. But if you're choosing to do so, it could take about 40 or so minutes.
    Tea Cups spin time depends on one's strength, so if you're tough and strong, you'll get that cup spinning quite nicely.
    I think you'll do well on either Space or Splash.
    Don't forget to people watch as rest stops.

Quote Originally Posted by ministrychick77 View Post
    so i'm going back to Disneyland for the first time in 6 years. gonna be there jan 4-6, staying off property but walking distance. Congrats!!! Congrats! C Congrats!

The fun is in the over planning for me.
    also:
    recommended viewing area for woc for a first timer? (i prefer a wide view where i can see everything) I really enjoyed the viewing area that came with World of Color dinner at Wine Country Trattoria. It was kind of a once in a lifetime type of thing. If you can afford it and don't mind dining alone I'd recommend it at least once. I've also heard you get a special viewing area by eating at the new restaurant but I didn't do it, I can't recommend or not...
    and i'm looking to try a new ride i've been too scared to do: either space or splash. Space is my favorite!!!!!!!Sit in the front seat. You can wait and ask for it. i've done matterhorn, btmrr, and i go fast on tea cups. get a little scared on indy though.. It's great you're getting to btmrr right before it's closed for renewal!

I believe there is a special viewing area for Glow with the Show Ears on some dates. I don't remember them. I really wanted those ears but not many people used them when we were there and I think it's only cool if a lot of people had them. Also someone mentioned on here that others really get the show, not you! So I didn't buy them.Happy planning!!!

• Banned User

Single rider is usually faster than waiting for a fast pass then getting into the fast pass line for RSR.. So, I say single rider line loop. You could probably ride three or more times in a row within the regular wait time.
    at least, I have...

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    Single rider is usually faster than waiting for a fast pass then getting into the fast pass line for RSR.. So, I say single rider line loop. You could probably ride three or more times in a row within the regular wait time.
    at least, I have...
    Single Rider is the best...which is why I cherish my solo trips.

Have a great trip!

For WoC, I've been on both sides of the lagoon and both were great. Less competition for the spaces on the Paradise Pier side but the videos would be backward. Whatever section you choose, be at the front of it for the best view.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

thanks everyone!! can't wait to see everything i've missed...

When you are solo you can move about much faster and see more than with a group.

World of Color: My tips from when it first opened still work well. Get a Blue Fastpass from the machine anytime in the morning at DCA. I like viewing from the very front (Wet Zone) or the back best. I discovered early that a great spot at the back is behind the Fire Hydrant (Was yellow now green) at the Blue entrance opposite the from the Litle Mermaid ride entrance. It is one of the last areas filled so you do not need to wait a long time, as they direct all the early guests to the lower sections first. Just ignore them and go back to a few feet from the top of the entrance. This puts you at the center of the show looking through the edge of the VIP section with nobody blocking your view, and can see the entire show dead center. Also, when it is over you save 10-15 minutes leaving through a crowd.

This is the spot.... Find it earlier in the day and you will see how to get there.

This is the view...

That weekend they will have Three Kings event in front of Big Thunder. They have Mickey and Minnie, and Donald in fiesta outfits. The Three Cabarellos Characters. The Marachi Divas and Dancers perform. It is different and fun to see, and doesn't take long.

Short Video....
    Mickey and Minnie entrance at Dia De Reyes Disneyland - YouTube

Radiator Springs Racers: Use the single rider line at the left side of the ride entrance.

Walking from Angel Stadium would take more an hour. Not recommended.
    Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 12-30-2012 at 12:41 AM.