Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Musical Fireman

Re: First Limited Time Magic events announced

Did anyone else catch that it said "Join MISS LILLY and her Saloon Girls" I'd hate to be the barer of bad news but I think they're advertising the Jamboree show as the Revue. I'd hate for this to be true but sometimes marketing can't spell potato sometimes. If it is the Revue I hope the Strawhatters and the Dapper Dans make an appearance like the record.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Still lost in Neverland

The Golden Horseshoe is not going to be like the original. There will only be the lead female and some can can dancers. No Pecos Bill (the rumor that Kirk Wall, who is the lead Billy and also was at one time an understudy for Wally Boag is false. We talked to Kirk and he said he was not asked and if he had been asked he would have said no. He prefers to stay with the Hillbillies and sing with them.) So you get Slewfoot Sue, maybe one Male Comedian, some Can Can girls in new outfits and a small 2 or 3 piece band. That's it. Nowhere near what the original was.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Musical Fireman

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    The Golden Horseshoe is not going to be like the original. There will only be the lead female and some can can dancers. No Pecos Bill (the rumor that Kirk Wall, who is the lead Billy and also was at one time an understudy for Wally Boag is false. We talked to Kirk and he said he was not asked and if he had been asked he would have said no. He prefers to stay with the Hillbillies and sing with them.) So you get Slewfoot Sue, maybe one Male Comedian, some Can Can girls in new outfits and a small 2 or 3 piece band. That's it. Nowhere near what the original was.
    Well I still feel a little jipped. The Pecos Bill sketch is the corner stone to the whole show, I don't mind Kirk not being in it hey people can make their own choices. At least they could have an Irish Tenor with it. Maybe if it proves successful they make the show feel more permanent and add more skits?

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    You don't have to buy them..
    I think the promotion sounds fun, but holy cow. That name is awful. But let's be honest, what was the last annual promotion that really knocked your socks off? I can't remember one.
    I personally loved Year of a Million Dreams. It was so fun to watch people get picked and even more fun when you got picked yourself. I always wanted a repeat of that promotion.

I remember the 30th anniversary year with prize tickets printed as you entered the gate. When I went through it played a jingle and I won a free return ticket, the 1/30 chance. I still have the stub that says I was the 250,909,648th guest.

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    "YEAR OF THE EARS?!?!?!?!?! Really??? Really?!?!?!?! REALLY?!?!?!?! Another marketing scheme by Disney to sell more ear hats! Geez!
    Why do you only focus on the negative? Golden Horseshoe is coming back, and a unique Mexican holiday is being celebrated.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Team Hail HYDRA

It's something for the hat guys to get excited for
    I can't wait to see the show

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Selfie Expert

I'm actually excited about the ears... I love the ear hats/headbands!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by oo_nrb View Post
    There will be something every week! This is just the first slate of offerings
    Really? So there will be things in addition to the Golden Horseshoe Revue? I'll believe it when I see it and adjust my attitude accordingly. As it stands, I'm still feeling underwhelmed with January's offerings!

• No Disassemble!

So far I'd say this is pretty underwhelming with the exception of the Golden Horseshoe Revue.

I've been expecting TDA to bring a new show to the Saloon as it seems like throughout the two parks there's a big push to cram entertainment in every nook and cranny. Billy Hill and the Hillbillies will surely become a fixture at the Big Thunder BBQ, the new Princess Fantasy Faire will be bustling with shows, and Fantasyland Theater could be getting an Epic Mickey themed show according to some rumors. I find it likely that the Golden Horseshoe Revue will have at the least a 2 year run.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

•   
    • Minion

I am excited to see all the different promos they do this year should be fun!!!

• Shubisha

Celebrate the New Year
    Magic Kingdom park is putting on the glitz with the first ever "Bling in the New Year" dance party in Tomorrowland, December 30, 2012 through January 5, 2013! For an entire week, kids of all ages can celebrate 2013 while they dance to the hottest party hits, watch live entertainment on the Rockettower Plaza Stage and party with iconic Disney Characters all dressed in their New Year's best. And, just in case you can't stay up until midnight, there's a New Year's countdown every hour!

Wow, what a great special event.. Except there's a dance party in Tomorrowland every day for the past couple years.... You're just adding a new years eve countdown every hour like it's a 70's club... Chip and Dale's new year's best is the same Tomorrowland costume they always wear.. and they added some "alien" stilt walkers.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Bah, the only promotion I want is winning the Dream Suite.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    Bah, the only promotion I want is winning the Dream Suite.
    If you win - invite me. If I win - invite you. Deal?!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

I want some of this Golden Horseshoe Limited Magic. I want the limitation removed so it's time to put the Shoe on and jam pack that theater!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast