Making up for lost time.

Hello all, I was hoping for a little help. Last Year for my birthday I brought all my friends to disneyland (march 10-12) and it turned out to be a disaster. It was insanely crowded and was shoulder to shoulder the entire length of our trip. We got to ride very few rides and I was extremely disappointed to have some first timers with me who were unable to see the magic. I had very little knowledge of the park last time and I would love to make up for lost time. I'm trying to avoid this same scenario like the plague, so I was hoping for some advice from some micechat veterans. I'm trying to pick a better date this time so my friends can actually see what I have seen at the park! Although my birthday is mid march, I was wondering what the best time would be to plan out this dream. Thank you in advance for the help!

• Banned User

Re: Making up for lost time.

Guided tour

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

/\ Actually, this is a good idea. If your group is big enough and you each pitch in for the Plaid, you can get a lot accomplished in a short amount of time. Don't think of it as a luxury, but an investment. It will pay off.
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

• Keepin' it calsteady

Look for dates when the park is open only 10 am to 8 pm. The lines will be short and the walkways uncrowded so you won't have to worry so much about planning out the day. There won't be any fireworks or Fantasmic, but you can't have everything. If you're going multiple days I think you'll get one chance for Magic Morning and get in the park an hour before it opens to everyone else. That's a great opportunity for people to see Main Street and the castle.

Whenever you go try to get DL veterans in the group to volunteer as Fastpass runners who can get FPs for the entire group while everyone else goes on Jungle Cruise or something.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by bee1000 View Post
    Look for dates when the park is open only 10 am to 8 pm. The lines will be short and the walkways uncrowded so you won't have to worry so much about planning out the day. There won't be any fireworks or Fantasmic, but you can't have everything.

I wanted to say something along the same lines.

If you can, go weekdays, not over a weekend. Also on about the Monday the 11th, fireworks and Fantasmic! should start running during the week. It will be mildly crowded that week, but you get long park hours and full entertainment to enjoy.

That all sounds like wonderful advice. Thank you very much for the help. I was not aware that Fantasmic wasn't a year-round show. Also great advice on gathering fast passes, That definitely sounds like something to capitalize on. Thanks again folks.

• Inappropriate

Mid-March to mid-to-late-April is also a heavy Spring Break season, and less crowded days are rare. The first week of March during the week is a comparatively slow week. Also, if you can't pony up the expense for a plaid guide, learn to utilize the ins and outs of the Fastpass system. Also, arrive before the parks open. You can knock out a good share of ride in that first hour or so.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Keepin' it calsteady

Quote Originally Posted by 1313disneyfan View Post
    That all sounds like wonderful advice. Thank you very much for the help. I was not aware that Fantasmic wasn't a year-round show. Also great advice on gathering fast passes, That definitely sounds like something to capitalize on. Thanks again folks.
    Fantasmic is year-round, but runs only on days with longer hours.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

Look on the top of the Disneyland forum and read the Fastpass Thread. Also take advantage of Singal Rider. If the line is 30 minutes+ look on the park guide and see SR. It is so cool to pay by all thoughs people who just want to sit together. Also go on attractions when the parade or fireworks or WoC is happening. There are less people on the attractions during the events. Also stay for after Fireworks the park drains of all those families. Also take any transportaion in the park that you can, you feet will thank you. Aladdin is the best day show in the parks go get off you feet for 45 minutes and no seat is a bad seat. btw...Fantasmic is a Summer and Weekend show its right now down for Refurbishment. And that is the best night show!
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M