Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: Dapper Day Feb 24, 2013!!

Well that makes perfect sense!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Under that tree again!

Under a month.

• Selfie Expert

We went shopping this weekend and got my husband some great shoes and a hat for his dapper outfit. He's going to look better than I am! Dang it!

• I'm New Here

We were already coming out from Florida for my birthday on the 22nd but then found out about Dapper Day. Now we're on board for Thursday-Monday at the GCH. Whoever set up that $199 deal is my hero. I was spending $350 a night at DLH when I saw the deal. Crazy. I got that deal for all four nights. Sure I probably won't get a view for that but for $199, I'm happy. They also have $200 3 day park hoppers that we picked up.

The wife's dress came in the mail last night. I've got everything but a shirt for my outfit. We're going more 60s resort casual than dapper but I'm thinking about what people would actually wear in the parks back then. Fave accessory is my dapper straw hat just like my dad used to wear back in the day. Something like this:
    http://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/529....310314556.jpg
    Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.

I experienced it for the first time in September. I did not dress up because I completely forgot about it. I will say don't be shocked to see the park stuffed with people. Now, it might have been the fact that I showed up at 6:30, but holy cow the parking was ridiculous and not in a good way. Once you get into the park, it's really cool to see people dressed up and not looking like slobs.

• Selfie Expert

Yes that GCH deal is amazing. It'll be out first time in any Disney hotel, so I'm psyched!!

I don't mind the crowds, especially when they're dressed up!! I'm hoping it will offer some great photo ops.

Heads up from their Facebook page for anyone curious:

Our Spring 2013 buttons are in! These complimentary buttons and other official items will be available (until they're gone) from 10a-8p Feb 24 inside Disney’s Grand Californian Resort Conference Center at the East Registration Desk (you pass it on your way to the lobby from the Downtown Disney entrance). We're working to get these to WDW also. Dapper Day

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Selfie Expert

Thanks for posting that, Bongo!! I saw that the other day and forgot to share it on here.

I also saw that Disneyland is offering a Dapper Day (unofficial) pin. It doesn't have "Dapper Day" on it, but I still want it!! It's limited edition, though, and I'm not one to wait in lines... So we'll see!

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

My friends and I will be there all weekend! Can't wait. The Fall Dapper Day event was so much fun. The fact that it is becoming officially recognized makes it even better!

We'll all be Disneybounding (LOVE LOVE LOVE Leslie Kay for sharing her inspiration) and generally having a wonderful time. There will be a Disneybound Meet at the the Partners Statue at 3:30pm is anyone is intersted! If you don't know what Disneybounding is check out the site!
    DISNEYBOUNDING BY LALAKAY

As for carrying everything you need for the day, if it doesn't fit into a clutch or a small shoulder bag (cause who wants to carry around a boho tote all day?) I highly recommend purchasing a locker when you get to the park. I always make sure to have a coat with me since weather can be a bit crazy and the lockers are my friend.

As for shoes, wear what you are comfortable in! If you have a pair of adorable ballet flats that you just can't live without, bring them with! You change into them for the Dapper Derby and wear your comfy shoes for a bulk of the day! Personally, I will be wear black glitter wedge heels and will be bringing some fabulous comfy glitter flats with me to change into when my tootsies are dying.

And don't worry about being too girlie or whatnot, just dress up and enjoy the park! There is no wrong outfit to wear as long as you feel it's fabulous and fun! Just stay away from jeans and t-shirts and you'll fit right in.

Hope to see you there!

XO-Cupcake

P.S. Can you tell that I am oh so totally excited!! GAH! I'm still planning outfits and sewing skirts and blouses... I don't know if I even have enough time. LOL
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

I hope you guys remember to do a trip report on here! Of all the unofficial days at Disney, Dapper Day is my favorite.

• Selfie Expert

Cupcake Terror - My dress is a Minni dress!!! Thank you so much for sharing the link to that site, I had not heard of Disneybounding. Also, you MAKE clothes?!! We need to be best friends!!

Tinkbelle - you know it!!

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Cupcake Terror - My dress is a Minni dress!!! Thank you so much for sharing the link to that site, I had not heard of Disneybounding. Also, you MAKE clothes?!! We need to be best friends!!

Tinkbelle - you know it!!
    I do indeed make clothes! I'm not a professional but I do turn out some really nice pieces! I started last years Dapper Day thread and I think there are a couple pictures there. The dress I am wearing, the pink taffeta, I made to be a Disneybound of the Cheshire Cat! I think it turned out quite well.

Kind of want to wear it again, but gussied up somehow... I really love that dress.

Tinkbelle, I am taking my camera this year and will be taking a TON of pictures! Last year I didn't take enough and really wish I had.

OMG I am seriously so excited. Tonight I am headed to the fabric store... oh my giddy aunt.

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by CupcakeTerror View Post
    I do indeed make clothes! I'm not a professional but I do turn out some really nice pieces! I started last years Dapper Day thread and I think there are a couple pictures there. The dress I am wearing, the pink taffeta, I made to be a Disneybound of the Cheshire Cat! I think it turned out quite well.
    I want to see that outfit!!! Can you link the previous thread in this one? I think it would be great for inspiration for this year for anyone lurking.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I want to see that outfit!!! Can you link the previous thread in this one? I think it would be great for inspiration for this year for anyone lurking.
    Of course I can link! Just had to search for the thread... LOL Never an easy feat with all the threads on MC.

Dapper Days at Disneyland Park

My pictures are towards the bottom of the page. The first dress is a pink halter, which I did not make- I was Disneybounding Sleeping Beauty! <3 The second dress, which is pale pink taffeta is the dress I made to Disneybound as the Cheshire Cat. (Oh how I love love love that dress). We had such a great time and I am very much looking forward to just a couple weekends from now!

Just started cutting out pieces for my lovely pink skirt. Found some (almost) hot pink textured taffeta for the skirt... now just have to get the rest together. So much to do! LOL

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Parking Lot > DCA

I'll be there!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast