Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Re: Dapper Day Feb 24, 2013!!

Quote Originally Posted by oddball View Post
    I experienced it for the first time in September. I did not dress up because I completely forgot about it. I will say don't be shocked to see the park stuffed with people. Now, it might have been the fact that I showed up at 6:30, but holy cow the parking was ridiculous and not in a good way. Once you get into the park, it's really cool to see people dressed up and not looking like slobs.
    Parking is always a bear when you get there late. Always try to get there early or take transit. LOL

This coming Dapper Day won't be much different, but it is well worth the excursion to Disneyland! There's is so much this year too. Looking forward to my carousel ride as I missed it last year. I find that many people just don't dress up for the park anymore... of course my idea of classy and style are very different than the currant status quo. LOVE paying homage to the history of Disneyland and dress in vintage-styled outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I'll be there!
    Hooray! See you there!!

Oh! Obviously there will be a MC meet on Sunday... wonder if any of us will be there? I'm such a shy person in large groups of people, but it might be worth it to go to the meet and introduce myself to my fellow MiceChatters!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    ANYWAY! HAVE AT IT! AND NO DEBATES! Kindness and advice only Candy is allowed.
    May I just say that I appreciate this statement? I truly do. In all the negativity that can be so very prevalent on the interwebs, it's nice to know that kindness and candy are still important attributes to forum posts! <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

This will be my 3rd Dapper Day and I am SO EXCITED!! I too am a far cry from being a girl, I wear flats but I put in insoles so that they don't hurt me. I personally, haven't had a problem. I bring a purse, I found a vintagey one on ebay for $20.

This event is SO FUN and everyone has been amazingly nice. All around the park you'll hear fellow Dapper saying "Happy Dapper Day!" and we even had non Dappers tell us how great we looked, ask questions and even ask for pictures with us.

Quote Originally Posted by CupcakeTerror View Post
    Oh! Obviously there will be a MC meet on Sunday... wonder if any of us will be there? I'm such a shy person in large groups of people, but it might be worth it to go to the meet and introduce myself to my fellow MiceChatters!
    I would LOVE a MC meet and greet! I absolutely think there should be one.

• Selfie Expert

A-DOR-A-BLE. I had to add the dashes to show how I said it out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I'll be there!
    Yay!! I expect a TR or at least some photos!!

This coming Dapper Day won't be much different, but it is well worth the excursion to Disneyland! There's is so much this year too. Looking forward to my carousel ride as I missed it last year. I find that many people just don't dress up for the park anymore... of course my idea of classy and style are very different than the currant status quo. LOVE paying homage to the history of Disneyland and dress in vintage-styled outfits.

I wish I had a more vintage wardrobe. I adore the fashion but am rather lazy so it's jeans and tshirts for me! haha I would love to meet some Chatters!!

May I just say that I appreciate this statement? I truly do. In all the negativity that can be so very prevalent on the interwebs, it's nice to know that kindness and candy are still important attributes to forum posts! <3
    Hehe I'm glad you feel the way I do! Who's bringing the dang candy?!

Quote Originally Posted by MikkiandtheMouse View Post
    This will be my 3rd Dapper Day and I am SO EXCITED!! I too am a far cry from being a girl, I wear flats but I put in insoles so that they don't hurt me. I personally, haven't had a problem. I bring a purse, I found a vintagey one on ebay for $20.

This event is SO FUN and everyone has been amazingly nice. All around the park you'll hear fellow Dapper saying "Happy Dapper Day!" and we even had non Dappers tell us how great we looked, ask questions and even ask for pictures with us.
    I really need to find a purse or something to carry around, my Jansport is just going to clash too much with my outfit! I am still searching for shoes that don't cause extreme pain after a few hours that are still cute. I'm going to stop by Target this weekend to pick up a bunch of different kinds of insoles to try!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

You certainly aren't the only one! I wore flats with insoles last year as well and goodness was I ever happy! Tho I do have to admit, regardless of shoe worn, my feet are always tired at the end of a day in The Park.

I would LOVE a MC meet and greet! I absolutely think there should be one.
    There already is! Every Sunday at the Partners Statue, located in The Hub, at 12pm? Someone correct me if I am wrong, please.

Hehe I'm glad you feel the way I do! Who's bringing the dang candy?!
    I will! I always have candy on me. If I don't buy it in Disneyland/DCA I bring it with me in my bag. Can't live without a bit of sweets!

Every day makes me more and more excited. LOL I feel like such a nerd because I do go to The Park A LOT! I get excited every time.

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

A-DOR-A-BLE. I had to add the dashes to show how I said it out loud.
    Thank you! LOVE that dress. I'm actually adding to it so I can wear it again. Reuse and Repurpose everything! LOL

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

I'm extra excited for this DD cos I'll be going dressed as the female~ version of one of the Buena Vista Street regulars. Too bad I wouldn't be able to get a picture with him :/ it's gonna feel SO weird wearing nothing but color, I stick to at least ONE black item of clothing. I'm definitely going to be out of my own element :S (especially since I'm also a terrible excuse for a girl!)

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZomBats View Post
    I'm extra excited for this DD cos I'll be going dressed as the female~ version of one of the Buena Vista Street regulars. Too bad I wouldn't be able to get a picture with him :/ it's gonna feel SO weird wearing nothing but color, I stick to at least ONE black item of clothing. I'm definitely going to be out of my own element :S (especially since I'm also a terrible excuse for a girl!)
    There's no such thing as being a terrible excuse for a girl. We all have our own style and I'm sure you own yours!

Brava for trying something different. Experimentation with color a first sign of an open mind. I used to be the same way; my closet was a gradient of grey, black and white. Now that I have embraced color, I find that my self-expression has a lot more, if you'll excuse the quote, muchness!

Any why won't you be able to get a picture with him? Time constraint? If so, always a pain.

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

There's no such thing as being a terrible excuse for a girl. We all have our own style and I'm sure you own yours!

Brava for trying something different. Experimentation with color a first sign of an open mind. I used to be the same way; my closet was a gradient of grey, black and white. Now that I have embraced color, I find that my self-expression has a lot more, if you'll excuse the quote, muchness!

Any why won't you be able to get a picture with him? Time constraint? If so, always a pain.
    Oh I'm sure I'll be sticking to the grey-black-white gradient for my whole life lol I do occasionally throw in purples and reds and greens though. I'm not THAT terrified of color, just ALL OVER color makes me tremble haha

Ehhh cos they aren't necessarily allowed to stop for photos....I know some people have gotten them before but it's generally not allowed so I'd rather not try and then be rejected and embarrassed in front of a whole slew of people :X

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    If I lived in Southern California, I would totally participate. I am a bit of a Dapper Dan (aka Clothes Horse) myself. In fact, back in the 90's, when it was in fashion, I used to wear vintage clothes to go dancing at the Plaza Gardens. This was during the whole Swing Kids craze, and for a time, the young people far outnumbered the seniors at these events. it was the last golden era at the Plaza. ...sigh
    There was Swing Dancing up until they closed the Carnation Plaza for the Fantasyland expansion. Now they have swing dancing with some wonderful bands in DTD. I'm sincerely hoping that swing dancing will come back inside Disneyland. It has always been one of my favorite past-times.

And I remember the swing craze in the 90's! Loved it then and love it now.

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZomBats View Post
    Oh I'm sure I'll be sticking to the grey-black-white gradient for my whole life lol I do occasionally throw in purples and reds and greens though. I'm not THAT terrified of color, just ALL OVER color makes me tremble haha

Ehhh cos they aren't necessarily allowed to stop for photos....I know some people have gotten them before but it's generally not allowed so I'd rather not try and then be rejected and embarrassed in front of a whole slew of people :X
    They can't stop?! What?! No way... this must be some kind of mis-information. My friends and I have gotten pics with all the characters along Buena Vista Street. Maybe we got them on a good day? I would think that one of the main part of of their performances would be pictures. Either way, I certainly hope you try!

What's a little rejection when you aren't the only one? BTW, love your signature.

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Selfie Expert

I bet if they saw you dressed up as them they would stop for a photo!!

I'm going to try and do the meet up Sunday. There's a few people on Facebook trying to get together to have a stylist do our hair and makeup, so depending on what time that is...

Which I really hope that ^^^^ comes together because I fail at both hair and makeup!! Getting that done would totally put me in character.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

They can't stop?! What?! No way... this must be some kind of mis-information. My friends and I have gotten pics with all the characters along Buena Vista Street. Maybe we got them on a good day? I would think that one of the main part of of their performances would be pictures. Either way, I certainly hope you try!

What's a little rejection when you aren't the only one? BTW, love your signature.
    Well ya see the thing is I'm going dressed as one of the fella's in Five & Dime sooo...yeah. Trying not to get my hopes up for a photo.

And thank you! I'm so glad we can have gifs as signatures on here lol
    He's my absolute favorite

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

OOOOOOOH!!! You're talking about the group that sings and dances? If so, that makes sense since they have to keep on moving along.

LOL I was confused. This was my face.

Hope to see everyone at the noon meet for MC! I'm going to do my best to get there right on time. It's funny, but I am planning on showing up to the park early and getting a locker for the fabulous shoes then wandering about in comfy flats. LOL

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast