Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Dapper Day Feb 24, 2013!!

Has anyone started a thread for this already?

This is for the Spring 2013 Dapper Day event being held at Disneyland Feb 24, 2013.

I have never been to a Dapper event, and I am RIDICULOUSLY excited about this one. I was hoping to start a thread about where people are staying, when arriving, where eating, how dressing... all the stuff that makes it so we can gather and have fun!! I'm not planning to ride a ton of rides or race around the part at my usual leisurely pace, I want photo ops and meet and greets. What attractions do you make sure to snap a photo on? Characters to get snapped with?

Girls - how do you carry your necessities? Advice for poor-excuses-of-a-girls like myself who can't walk in heels and nearly died in ballet flats during Mickey's Halloween party? I'm not saying that's me... but... that's me.

Basically, if anyone has some advice and experience (or just enthusiasm) to share: PLEASE DO!!

If we get enough interest, maybe I can get my siggy sister to spruce the intro page up with some of her amazing skills...

ANYWAY! HAVE AT IT! AND NO DEBATES! Kindness and advice only Candy is allowed.

Thread on most recent Dapper Day -- some outfit ideas

http://www.dapperday.com

DapperDay Facebook Page

DapperDay on Twitter

--Thanks, swampy, for suggesting the above links!
    Last edited by KellyMcG86; 12-30-2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Adding links

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Minion

Re: Dapper Day Feb 24, 2013!!

Yay!!!!! I've never done Dapper Day either and I want to so bad! Thanks for posting the date! I'm up for advice as well
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

I'll be there in my finest attire

• Team Hail HYDRA

That's the day before my birthday
    dapper day falls on Steve Jobs birthday!!!

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

That's the same day as the Oscars. What self respecting Dapper would miss the Oscars??

Just kidding. But that is the reason I'm not going to Dapper Day.

Maybe in the fall.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• Selfie Expert

To those who have not booked their hotel or weren't aware - follow Dapper Day on Facebook and they have an offer to book the Grand Californian or Disneyland hotel with a group discount that gives you more than 50% off the normal cost. GCH is $199 and DLH is $179. We booked the GCH for one night because we've always wanted to stay there, plus I think it will be especially nice to have the convenient location while wearing uncomfortable (to me) dapper gear.

• AKA - DisneyChris

If I lived in Southern California, I would totally participate. I am a bit of a Dapper Dan (aka Clothes Horse) myself. In fact, back in the 90's, when it was in fashion, I used to wear vintage clothes to go dancing at the Plaza Gardens. This was during the whole Swing Kids craze, and for a time, the young people far outnumbered the seniors at these events. it was the last golden era at the Plaza. ...sigh

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Girls - how do you carry your necessities? Advice for poor-excuses-of-a-girls like myself who can't walk in heels and nearly died in ballet flats during Mickey's Halloween party? I'm not saying that's me... but... that's me.
    Try to style yourself the best you can. If you can only wear tennis shoes then try to wear some plains ones rather than flashy colored ones. Like wise a small purse or satchel for your stuff.

• Minion

Not a girl, but some advice for everyone: insoles are your friends! Flats from J.Crew specifically, as well as other retailers, have insoles built right into the flat. Men, be sure to buy/wear comfortable insoles, especially if you're not used to wearing shoes with significant heels as many dress shoes/wingtips/oxfords/etc. do.

awww.....but thats my birthday! well there is always fall!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    Not a girl, but some advice for everyone: insoles are your friends! Flats from J.Crew specifically, as well as other retailers, have insoles built right into the flat. Men, be sure to buy/wear comfortable insoles, especially if you're not used to wearing shoes with significant heels as many dress shoes/wingtips/oxfords/etc. do.
    I love that you are not a girl, but have girl advice for me. Totally fitting for me!! Hahaha I love it! Thank you! I really need to find some good insoles.

Quote Originally Posted by MochaCat View Post
    awww.....but thats my birthday! well there is always fall!
    WAIT! Are you saying your birthday is a reason to not go?! That sounds like more reason to go to me!!

• Selfie Expert

I'm thinking I need to extend my reservation at GCH from just Saturday night to Sunday night as well. Are most Dapper events in the evening? Is there a schedule somewhere? I skimmed the Dapperday.com site but didn't have luck (granted I'm at the end of my overnight shift so I wasn't very thorough...)

• Under that tree again!

I'm thinking I need to extend my reservation at GCH from just Saturday night to Sunday night as well. Are most Dapper events in the evening? Is there a schedule somewhere? I skimmed the Dapperday.com site but didn't have luck (granted I'm at the end of my overnight shift so I wasn't very thorough...)
    I'm not entirely sure. In September they planned, I assume they did it, an informal meet where everyone was invited to ride the Carousel at night for an hour or maybe it was longer. The popcorn lights on it made for good period photos. There was also an after party at Trader Sams from park closing to bar closing. I'd have to dig around to remember exactly but I think it was on a Friday afterworks and Saturday all day, unlike this Febuary when it's a Sunday only.

• Selfie Expert

**updating OP with more links, thanks to swampy!**

I really wish it was a Saturday instead of Sunday... We have to drive back early Monday morning so we can "celebrate" as much Sunday night as we would have been able to had it been Saturday.

• Under that tree again!

I really wish it was a Saturday instead of Sunday... We have to drive back early Monday morning so we can "celebrate" as much Sunday night as we would have been able to had it been Saturday.
    It would be nice for people who travel but I think they pick days without blockouts so they don't rule out a lot of local partipants.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast