Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Barbaraann's Countdown to DCA & Disneyland

I can't wait!

• Hukuna Matata!

Very cool Barbara, I am sure you are so excited, I hope to see you there.

If you find yourself running out of memory card space, the photo shop has cards relatively reasonably priced (I got an 8GB card for $20 or so). Other things I've done are drop the resolution on my camera, or delete the pictures that even on the little screen are blurred, over/under exposed, or otherwise not working and not fixable.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I remember when I first bought a digital camera back in 2005. Memory cards were so expensive. I deleted pictures while on vacation, which at the time was a big mistake. I promised myself to never do that again. I can now usually afford to buy a bunch of 1GB ones, and then I can change them either every day, or every other day. I can then also use a better resolution. I edit/crop some while on the camera, which automatically saves the original. I find this works the best for me. Memory cards don't take up a lot of space. I am pretty sure that I will travel with both my old camera and new camera, which means I need to stock up on AA batteries. I am still learning to use the new camera, and I don't want to lose out on any photo opportunities. My cameras aren't fancy. Just small Nikons, so they are neither heavy or take up a lot of space. The new one having more pixels. I am learning to travel with just the bare necessities. No big clunky bag. Just a small cloth backpack, and a small leather case for the camera, which is worn ready around my neck. Sure I look like a tourist, but it works for me.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

So on another subject. Would anyone like to suggest a place or two that would provide me with a special meal? I haven't treated myself in quite a while.

• Selfie Expert

I really want to try Carthay Circle and Napa Rose - I haven't been to either but I see a lot of positive posts on them on this board.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have been checking out menus, and so far nothing really stands out for me to try. Past visits have included most of the usual character stuff. However, I am sure there's a lot of good places to eat that I have missed. I am one of those people who doesn't mind being alone on vacation. I like to treat myself at least once on each of my vacations. I didn't check Napa Rose. I'll do that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I have been checking out menus, and so far nothing really stands out for me to try. Past visits have included most of the usual character stuff. However, I am sure there's a lot of good places to eat that I have missed. I am one of those people who doesn't mind being alone on vacation. I like to treat myself at least once on each of my vacations. I didn't check Napa Rose. I'll do that now.
    This wouldn't be for your special meal but I was really impressed with French Market. Maybe I just wasn't expecting much.

cant you buy the AP online in case of a price increase? The year starts when activated not purchased. You'll still need to go to ticket booth.

I liked getting a 3 day hopper & upgrading so I had a magic morning in dl.

I was more impressed with the restaurant in DCA's wine country (Trattoria?) than with Carthay Circle. Carthay was impressive, but it was also kind of overly fussy. Too many flavors going on, and I'm a simple girl. Haven't tried Napa Rose but it sounds fantastic. Storyteller's sounds like fun, too.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    I was more impressed with the restaurant in DCA's wine country (Trattoria?) than with Carthay Circle. Carthay was impressive, but it was also kind of overly fussy. Too many flavors going on, and I'm a simple girl. Haven't tried Napa Rose but it sounds fantastic. Storyteller's sounds like fun, too.
    Totally agree with the not being fussy... I'd probably be happier with a corn dog than most of the stuff at the fancier restaurants. I only go to experience the atmosphere in these kinds of place ... And the food is pretty!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    This wouldn't be for your special meal but I was really impressed with French Market. Maybe I just wasn't expecting much.

cant you buy the AP online in case of a price increase? The year starts when activated not purchased. You'll still need to go to ticket booth.

I liked getting a 3 day hopper & upgrading so I had a magic morning in dl.
    I have been visiting the Disneyland website, and Annual Passholders now get early entry into the parks on weekends. So if I arrive on Friday, I will be able to do early entry to DCA on Saturday, followed by another early entry on Sunday. This gives me more benefit than just one early entry on a 3 day hopper that I would then have to upgrade to an annual pass. In fact, I will then be able to do one more early entry on February 2, but not the 3rd of February, because for some reason that one has been withdrawn.

About the restaurants. The French Market menu does look really good. I will do a lot of eating, as I get hungry, so I would love to have some ideas for places that have really good food where I can sit and relax each day. They don't have to be the upscale types like Napa Rose that require a reservation. Although, I'll probably make at least one reservation during my lengthy trip.

I forgot about AP early entry. I will benefit from that on the 12th (I think)!

• Selfie Expert

I didn't know about AP early entry!! I hope it stays for a while, that would be great to have on our next trip!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have finally gotten the planning bug, which is what prompted me to check out the official Disneyland calendar. I have this mini notebook, which I will eventually start writing in. I usually map out each day on a page, and write down goals, and or suggestions of what I will do that day. Nothing written in stone, unless I have a reservation. That way, my vacation goes smoother, and I usually get to do most of what I'd like to.

• Selfie Expert

That's a good idea. I always feel like there's something I missed... Not as much this year since I've had an AP, but when the trips were less frequent it always bothered me!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast