Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Barbaraann's Countdown to DCA & Disneyland

I'm a compulsive planner, although when I get there I'm not afraid to be totally spontaneous. I guess that's a contradiction of sorts. Some of the most fun I have had on vacation were things I didn't plan ahead.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I'm a compulsive planner, although when I get there I'm not afraid to be totally spontaneous. I guess that's a contradiction of sorts. Some of the most fun I have had on vacation were things I didn't plan ahead.
    I'm a planner to. But sometimes I wished I could just fly by the seat of the pants...

Oh, and for sitting and watching, go to the food court at the back of DCA. Pizza and pasta like they used to have, plus Mediterranean plates that I've found really fabulous. There's a little gazebo, and they have bands play sometimes. Nice to listen when you eat.

The Trattoria is a place where you can get a good glass of wine, and don't need reservations. Nice atmosphere, and I really liked the food. I normally don't like to take that much time eating, but it was really good. Not fussy stuff, and in good quantities. Not gigantic, that you can't finish, but respectable.

French Market or Lillie Belle have good seating where you can watch everybody go by. Bengal Barbecue is good for a little snack. Cafe Orleans has pommes frites and the Monte Cristo, plus some outdoor seating, I think.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am excited to be able to go to 2 Sunday Meets at the Hub during this vacation. The first one on the 27th of January, and of course the big one for Mice/Age on the 3rd of February. Don't have to worry about the Bears making the SuperBowl, since they were knocked out of the playoffs today. Such a disappointment, I know the Meets won't disappoint me.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Oh, and for sitting and watching, go to the food court at the back of DCA. Pizza and pasta like they used to have, plus Mediterranean plates that I've found really fabulous. There's a little gazebo, and they have bands play sometimes. Nice to listen when you eat.
    We discovered this area a couple months ago, and now we stop by this food court every visit. My husband LOVES this sun-dried tomato pasta dish they have there, and I like working my way through the various menus with a new dish every time. It's a really great area!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I actually walked by that food court area on my last visit in May. It was brand new, and I didn't get a chance to eat anything there. I promised myself a return visit. I am putting it on my list of "must do's".

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Thanks for the countdown Barbara!!! This lets me know how much time I have to get into shape for the meet! And reminds me I should of started getting in shape like a year ago! I got a new camera backpack at the swap meet today, so I have that ready to carry my gear in!
    I like to think I'm in pretty good shape.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 5751 miles, 319,000 feet

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad View Post
    I like to think I'm in pretty good shape.
    Yeah that 10,000 miles you've done probably helps out with that. Hey last year I had been walking almost every day, thats how I managed to keep up with you and Jimmye! I've slacked off this year and haven't keep up with my walking... So I'll be sitting on a bench watching you as you go by this year!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Under that tree again!

Perhaps someone can explain the entire process of purchasing an annual pass.
    It's very simple. Go to the ticket booths pay and they make your AP and tell you once in the parks visit a PhotoPass Photographer to get your AP picture taken. Or you can prebuy one online, use the print out to enter and later that day visit a ticket booth to get the physical AP.

I noticed that there is no Fantasmic on the schedule for the dates that I will be vacationing.
    That's correct. F! will not show after next weekend until February 15th.

I have been visiting the Disneyland website, and Annual Passholders now get early entry into the parks on weekends. ....but not the 3rd of February, because for some reason that one has been withdrawn.
    I'm not sure why that day is excluded, my only guess is a private event in the parks. The hours of the night before don't suggest such a thing, but maybe they will shorten.

I am excited to be able to go to 2 Sunday Meets at the Hub during this vacation. and of course the big one for Mice/Age on the 3rd of February.
    What I'm hoping is MC is hosting breakfast on the Hub on the 3rd.

I wonder if the EE(or whatever it is) has been cancelled because of the anniversary breakfast.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My trip is 25 days away.

I appreciate the answer about the Annual Pass. Does the Pass have a picture on it, or is it just kept on file? I believe that I might have read that somewhere. Also, is the Annual Pass plastic? I have never had an Annual Pass for anything, so I feel a bit excited about getting one for Disneyland.

Once I finish putting all the Christmas stuff away at home, I'll need to go over my wardrobe. I am trying to choose the best things to pack, so I might not have to do laundry on vacation. I travel with a carryon only. No checked back for me. Layers. I did that during my last two Winter vacations to Disneyland and it worked out well. I just hope there's no rain. I did pick up a mini fold up umbrella, just in case,

• Under that tree again!

I appreciate the answer about the Annual Pass. Does the Pass have a picture on it, or is it just kept on file? I believe that I might have read that somewhere. Also, is the Annual Pass plastic? I have never had an Annual Pass for anything, so I feel a bit excited about getting one for Disneyland.
    APs used to be made at a counter with a camera so your picture would be put on it, like with a drivers license.

Now APs are just a plastic card without a picture on them. You get the AP card at the ticket booths. That is why you need to visit a PhotoPass Photographer. They take your picture which will be put on file. In most cases when you use your AP, like for the purchase discount, your picture will be on the CMs screen. You will need to carry a picture ID with you to show with your AP when using it.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

MiceChatters always come through with all the answers to my many questions. Thanks, Swampy. Can, I call you Swampy?

• Under that tree again!

MiceChatters always come through with all the answers to my many questions. Thanks, Swampy. Can, I call you Swampy?
    No problem with me. Aftera ll my screen name is a homage to the great Jeff "Swampy" Marsh, co-creater of Phineas and Ferb. A show I was introdruced to thankfully, by my young nephew and neice.

I'm sure you will have a great time. Don't sweat the details, slow winter days are a fun time to visit.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have no youngsters in my home anymore. My grandson is now reaching the age of 20, so I am not familiar with Phineas and Ferb. I need to check it out.

I have actually had 2 previous vacations in the Winter time, and my biggest worry was how to dress. Sadly, although I live in Chicago, where I never hardly ever get sick. I came home from both of those vacations sick. So, I am hoping the 3rd time is the charm, and I will arrive healthy, and return home to Chicago the same way.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast