Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Barbaraann's Countdown to DCA & Disneyland

I googled the Disney Visa picture thing, and they do not show an exact time.

My trip is just three weeks away now, and I need to start gathering up some things that I normally pack. The reason being so I won't forget them. Kathy said she would take me to the airport. I am going to have to leave the house around 7:30 a.m., which is earlier than usual for me. I guess I'll be getting up super early that morning. Hopefully there won't be any snow, or delayed flights. Last time United let me print my boarding pass the night before which made it so easy to get through security at the airport. I must remember to turn off my iPod correctly this time. Last time I didn't, and I arrived at the airport with a drained battery and little to do on the plane, which was then delayed.

21 days to go. I hope my Disney books come today.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    yes they do. My sister's co-worker has the visa and got us all a personal photo session with stitch!

Attachment 26134
    i want a picture with stitch!!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    21 days to go. I hope my Disney books come today.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    i want a picture with stitch!!!
    It was fun! We got like 15 minutes of all the photos we wanted with Stitch. This was just one of them.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My guidebooks just arrived with my mail. I guess you all know what I will be doing for the rest of my day.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am almost finished reading the Birnbaum Guidebook. I was interrupted by the grandson and his new Beta Fish. That was followed by the MiceChat email.

I will be attending the special MiceAge event on Friday night, and I registered for the Sunday Tour.
    Pop Century Resort

I'll often get kids' meals instead of regular adult ones. I can finish a kid meal, but often not an adult size one.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I do like the fact that Disneyland restaurants allow adults to order a child's portion. I am not a big eater, and the child's portion sometimes is just perfect.

I will most likely spend a day going through the menus, and jotting down suggestions for each restaurant that I want to try. I have this mini notebook that I carry in my small backpack. I call it my travel bible. I try and do this for all my trips, and my notes sure come in handy, when I am touring.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

I will be attending the special MiceAge event on Friday night, and I registered for the Sunday Tour.
    Not going Friday night, but Jimmie and I are doing the Saturday breakfast and Sunday tour. (Actually, we plan to be at all Sunday events.)
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I look forward to seeing you, and your beautiful wife Trekkie Dad.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My trip is just 19 days away.

I envision myself walking down Harbor Blvd to the entrance of Disneyland. I do take the ART bus most days during my trips, but a walk down Harbor Blvd is very envigorating.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

18 days left until my vacation.

My thoughts turn to what I should pack. I have traveled to Disneyland twice in the Winter months. I know that I should layer my clothes, because one never knows just how warm or chilly California might be at the end of January. I am hoping that I will be able to squeeze my jacket into my suitcase, before I get through security. Security. I hate that process. It's also a pain that the airlines charge to check my bag. So I must try and be smart, and pack just enough to be dressed sensibly for touring Disneyland at this time of year.

Where's my quarters? I am sure I will be doing laundry at some point in time during this vacation.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

17 days until my vacation.

Today I took my suitcase off the top closet shelf, and put it in the other closet on the floor. Looking at it, gave me an idea of just how small it is, and just how creative I am going to have to get when packing it.

I read about the new policy of taking people's pictures at the turnstyles. People entering with multiday tickets. I sure hope the lines don't get bogged down with that new procedure.

I haven't purchased my pass yet. I am doing that on my very first night. At least, I can then get into the parks, and spend a few hours. It would be a good time to check out the parades, and see the Remember Fireworks, which I haven't seen since 2011.

Does anyone know the cost of Disneyland's Photopass CD? I don't want to do the preorder thing.
    Pop Century Resort

• Sshhh, being very quiet

17 days until my vacation.

Today I took my suitcase off the top closet shelf, and put it in the other closet on the floor. Looking at it, gave me an idea of just how small it is, and just how creative I am going to have to get when packing it.

I read about the new policy of taking people's pictures at the turnstyles. People entering with multiday tickets. I sure hope the lines don't get bogged down with that new procedure.

I haven't purchased my pass yet. I am doing that on my very first night. At least, I can then get into the parks, and spend a few hours. It would be a good time to check out the parades, and see the Remember Fireworks, which I haven't seen since 2011.

Does anyone know the cost of Disneyland's Photopass CD? I don't want to do the preorder thing.

• Under that tree again!

Why don't you preoreder the CD plus? It's the same price, $69 but gets you a lot more for the money.
    Special Offers

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Why don't you preoreder the CD plus? It's the same price, $69 but gets you a lot more for the money.
    Special Offers
    Don't plan on doing any special dining. Not interested in ride photos. I never use the fancy borders. I like getting my photo CD before I leave the park, and head back home.

Why spend $10 more for features that I will not use.

Thanks for the link.

I have fun stopping at all the spots where the Photopass Photographers are. On my last vacation, I did this so much that a few of the great photographers remembered my name. They also spent additional time with me, and I got several special pictures with characters and props.

My vacation is just 17 days away, if I was going to preorder the CD, I would have researched the price earlier. I am glad that they didn't increase the price since my last trip.

Does anyone know what places in DCA I can expect to see Photopass Photographers? I haven't been there since the DCA update
    Pop Century Resort

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast