Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Barbaraann's Countdown to DCA & Disneyland

My trip to California is just under a month away. I was last on the west coast at the end of May, 2012. I missed the opening of the new DCA, by just a few short weeks. I am most excited to see all the new additions. I have my new camera all ready to take a lot of pictures of DCA especially. This will be my longest trip to the Disneyland Resort, and because of that, I will be purchasing my very first Annual Pass. The Deluxe pass suits my needs just fine. I am hoping to be able to follow this trip up with another in October, so I can finally see, and experience the Halloween festivities. My trip also affords me the luxury of being there for the celebration of Mice/Ages big milestone.

I will be counting down the days in this thread.

Let's see: I arrive in just 27 days.

Re: Barbaraann's Countdown to DCA & Disneyland

It is getting close! We arrive on the 31st. I am also buying an AP as we will be there for 11 days. I hope to return for my 50th in Sept.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It is exciting to be at a Disney themepark for one's 50th birthday. I was in Disney World's Magic Kingdom back in September of 1997 on my 50th birthday. We didn't plan anything special other than that, but a spontaneous dinner at Ohana made my day end very magically.

• Minion

Have lots of fun and take lots of pictures!
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Congrats!!!!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Jimmie and I plan to attend the Mice Age celebration. It will be good seeing you again.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 6956 miles, 398,000 feet

• AKA - DisneyChris

It has been just about as long for me as it has for you since my last visit. I missed DCA by about 6 months.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad View Post
    Jimmie and I plan to attend the Mice Age celebration. It will be good seeing you again.
    I planned my trip to coincide with the annual festivities. I have met a lot of Wonderful MiceChatters on my trips to California, and I am sure this upcoming trip will be no exception.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the countdown Barbara!!! This lets me know how much time I have to get into shape for the meet! And reminds me I should of started getting in shape like a year ago! I got a new camera backpack at the swap meet today, so I have that ready to carry my gear in!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I got a bit of the Winter blah's so the countdown will help improve my mood, and get me excited for all the fun that I know that I am destined to have.

I'm very happy for you, knowing your love for all things Mouse. Just don't get that P***hole attitude, now. Promise?
    Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Took me a while to get the message. My brain works slower than most. I do know that I usually buy my park tickets before I leave home, and this time I will need to go to the ticket window.

Perhaps someone can explain the entire process of purchasing an annual pass.

Disney really didn't give me much of an option, since a 10 day parkhopper doesn't exist at Disneyland.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My trip is just 26 days away.

This morning I decided to look at the official Disneyland calendar. It has the park hours, and the specifics about what's going on for most of the days of my trip. February's stuff isn't up yet, but I am sure that will appear, as soon as we enter the New Year.

I noticed that there is no Fantasmic on the schedule for the dates that I will be vacationing. The Fireworks, and World of Color only appear on the weekends, and they have earlier times, which suits me just fine. There's a whole lot of new entertainment that I have never seen. As well as old entertainment that I will revisit again, like Aladdin in DCA, and Bill Hill and the Hillbillies in their new location. Small World will be down for refurbishment as well as the Mark Twain. I will miss both of these.

During the day, Buena Vista Street also has a ton of entertainment: Five and Dime show, News Boys, and there's a musical group, I forget their name. There are also wandering random characters and lots of detail in the shop windows.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am sure that my vacation will likely be an even split between DCA and Disneyland. In fact, I might just find myself spending more time in DCA, due to the fact that there is so much new stuff that I have yet to see and experience. I am entertaining the thought of picking up a few more memory cards for my camera. It makes it a whole lot easier sorting out photos, after my vacation, if I have more memory cards. This vacation will have more days, than my average Disney vacation.

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast