Question Does your hand stamp guarantee your entrance on NYE to DL?

Hi everyone!

Does your same day hand stamp guarantee your entrance to Disneyland on New Years Eve even if the park is closed to capacity?

Thanks!

• The Tomorrowland One

Re: Does your hand stamp guarantee your entrance on NYE to DL?

Entry is never "guaranteed" at Disneyland.

However, having been in the park earlier, reentry with a hand stamp is more likely than just entering with a new ticket if access restrictions are put into place.

• Selfie Expert

I am not sure exactly how Disneyland determines whether or not they are at capacity, or how close they let it get to maximum, but I believe if they were truly at maxium capacity it would be illegal for them to allow further entry until some people have exited.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

It depends on the level of 'closure' that they do. Here's the general way the park closes at capacity:

Level 1 - No more 1-day tickets sold - First thing they do is stop selling one day tickets for the day.

Level 2 - No NEW Entries Accepted - Once the park hits it's "soft" capacity, they stop allowing new people in the park. If you have your hand stamp, you can still re-enter. A line will form, and when enough people exit, they begin allowing new entries.

Level 3 - No new entry or re-entry - Once the park hit's the Fire Marshall's limit, they can't let anyone back into the park. Sufficient people must exit before returning to level 2.

Last year, they never hit Level 3. But with the crazy crowds this year, who knows?
    -Monorail Man

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by splash_mtn View Post
    Hi everyone!

Does your same day hand stamp guarantee your entrance to Disneyland on New Years Eve even if the park is closed to capacity?

Thanks!
    Once the park hits capacity, no one is allowed in. But prior to capacity, they will shut down to only readmits, then your handstamp comes in handy.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    It depends on the level of 'closure' that they do. Here's the general way the park closes at capacity:
    That's the best avatar of 2012.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I am not sure exactly how Disneyland determines whether or not they are at capacity, or how close they let it get to maximum, but I believe if they were truly at maxium capacity it would be illegal for them to allow further entry until some people have exited.
    I believe it gets to that point, and the fire marshall might even be involved in setting the maximum capacity number, there is some number and when they hit it I believe they can't 'legally' allow more people in, and if 100 exit then they can only let in 100.

Some say Disneyland has a max capacity of 85,000, but at 75,000 they stop selling tickets, and at 80,000 they stop letting people in until some come out. Though we've heard before a total of 100,000 people packed into both parks on very busy days, it will be interesting to see how many come during peak days this year.

You can see why they want to green light the Frontierland expansion at Disneyland, it would mean they could let more people in.
    Last edited by chesirecat; 12-30-2012 at 10:48 AM.

• The doctor is in

There is no guarantee for entrance even with a hand stamp. Like others have mentioned, if the park reaches capacity your hand stamp will come in handy because the one of the first things they will do is close the gates for new guests. If you have a stamp you will still be able to park hop. However, if the park reaches the top capacity even the hand stamp won't get you back in.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Hooterville, USA

I would just stay inside and not chance it.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
    • Banned User

On those rare occasions I've been in your position, I found re-entry through the Downtown Disney Monorail a bit more likely. They're subject to the same restrictions as the main gate, but hovering around there just seems to be a better chance for me.

Short answer: no.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

So around what time do you all think, or do they usually, stop selling one day tickets? I'm blocked out tomorrow and am actually willing to pay the blockout fee, but I'm worried about what time I should get there...

(I've got work from 4am to 8:30am and I was hoping to come home and nap a bit before trekking out for the long day/night)

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by ZomBats View Post
    So around what time do you all think, or do they usually, stop selling one day tickets? I'm blocked out tomorrow and am actually willing to pay the blockout fee, but I'm worried about what time I should get there...

(I've got work from 4am to 8:30am and I was hoping to come home and nap a bit before trekking out for the long day/night)
    It's not very predictable. Probably between 10 and 2 to be safe. You may only have a choice of one park or the other. Carefully follow the signs as you get to the area directing you to parking as the lots fill up so don't plan to go where you usually do.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    Some say Disneyland has a max capacity of 85,000, but at 75,000 they stop selling tickets, and at 80,000 they stop letting people in until some come out. Though we've heard before a total of 100,000 people packed into both parks on very busy days, it will be interesting to see how many come during peak days this year.
    Actually, capacity is much lower, closer to 60K in DL and 30K in DCA. The numbers Disney allows to slip are attendance, not capacity. Capacity may be 60K, but if 20K additional come and don't return, allowing an additional 20k in, attendance was 80K.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.