Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Re: Is it possible to add a day or two to a 5-day park hopper?

I have successfully added days to my park hopper tickets at the ticket booths for around $20USD. I would be sad to find out that you cannot add days any more.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I have successfully added days to my park hopper tickets at the ticket booths for around $20USD. I would be sad to find out that you cannot add days any more.

Do you recall when that was, policy changed limiting ticket to 5 days upgraded or not. I think the upgrade policy changed at the end of summer.

Yeah, this new policy is really lame. My family that was visiting from Saskatchewan weren't able to buy a 7 day pass either. They ended up spending their extra time at Universal. Smart move Disney....

I tried in October to add a 6th day to 2 of our 5 day passes. Not only was I told it couldn't be done, but the woman at the ticket booth tried talking me out of buying the 2 one day single park tickets I needed. She really didn't want me to spend the extra money...suggested I spend the extra day at Downtown Disney, my hotel pool or the beach. It wasn't that big a deal, just frustrating.

It is a cash grab...Disney turned DCA into a multi-day park and reduced the number of days you can buy in a Park Hopper, forcing guests to buy additional Park Hoppers to acccomodate their needs, or upgrade to an Annual Pass. So disappointing.

• 'Til DEATH do us part...

Az, or not as close to Disneyland as I'd like to be :(

Same thing happened to us! We were there for 6 days but only had a 5 day park hopper. We talked to a lead at the ticket booths and to no avail, we were told it couldn't be done, since they don't sell them anymore. We spent that day in DTD and doing laundry..lol. Had I known they were going to be "discontinued", we would have booked our vacation package last April, before the price hike AND discontinuation.
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
    -your host, your ghost host

Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

I sincerely hope that people don't waste their hard-earned money on buying separate 1-day passes! I also can't believe that Disney thinks that people are silly enough to buy them - er, never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by JediPrincess View Post
    Yeah, this new policy is really lame. My family that was visiting from Saskatchewan weren't able to buy a 7 day pass either. They ended up spending their extra time at Universal. Smart move Disney....
    In countless cases, it's like Disney has no problem limiting a family's park spending to no more than 5 days. I have no problem generously lavishing my children with treats for a 6th day at the parks - IF Disney offered a 6-day pass! I will NOT be spending a dime beyond 5 days due to this error in judgement on their part. I know that my individual business doesn't make a noticeable dent, but I hope they notice a general difference in revenue from their decision to end 6 or 7-day park hoppers.

When I booked our Friday-to-Friday trip, I had no idea they had cancelled the 6/7 day passes! We came down from Vancouver two years ago, and enjoyed 6 full days at the park.

We'll keep ourselves busy for that 6th day. Our kids are 3 and 5, so we won't be making any day trips out of the area. Too bad it's a little chilly to enjoy the outdoor water park at HoJo!

My family and I are heading down the first of feb. for a friday to friday trip and were dissapointed we couldnt buy a pass for more than 5 days. Last year my wife and I had bought ap's which expired in oct but due to the extreme price increase on the premium ap's couldn't justify renewing.

I wonder if anyone is heading out with a 5-day pass who wouldn't mind trying to get a day added on. Let's see what they say! I'm certainly going to ask if they'll add a day for me, and I'll post the results. I'll be there the last week of January.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12