Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Is it possible to add a day or two to a 5-day park hopper?

This Canadian doesn't get out to Anaheim NEARLY often enough! We're coming down at the end of January, and I'm sad to discover that 6 or 7-day park hopper passes are no more!

I have read previous posts about this, and I was fortunate enough to receive my very own "We discontinued this. Tough s**" email response from Disney customer service.

I thought I'd start a new/current thread about this, hoping that other travelers have advice or expertise to share. Are there any experiences with guest services allowing add-on days to a 5-day pass? We're tapped out, and won't be able to justify buying separate 1-day passes for our family of four on top of everything else.

Thanks for any help!

• The doctor is in

Re: Is it possible to add a day or two to a 5-day park hopper?

From what I understand it depends on who you speak with when contacting Guest Services. Also ask for a supervisor whenever you contact them.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Sadly..no.I have also run into this predicament.We are in DL for 12 days and were planning 8 in the parks when this all hit the fan in May or June.I even got a phone call from George Kalogridis' office to plead my case, and although they were very kind and understood my dilema...it was to no avail. We maxed out our Airmiles bonus points and cashed them in for 3 PH's and will pay the difference to upgrade to AP's.
    I have not read on any board that anyone has added days since early sept. and that option is no longer in their computer system.
    For the life of me I don't understand why the Aussies still get 14 day hoppers though.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My 6 night January trip turned into a 10 nights and so I am purchasing an annual pass for my vacation, which is just 26 days away. Before I decided to lengthen my trip, I was puzzled as to just what type of ticket I should purchase. I was leaning toward the annual pass, because I figured it would then give me the incentive to make a return trip to California some time later in 2013. Since my trip now gives me at least 10 days in the park, I am getting good value for my annual pass purchase.

I don't understand why Disney has done this. They honestly don't believe that people want to spend a full week at the parks? Or perhaps, as some have proclaimed, they are just greedy wanting more of the guests' money than they got in the past with a small monetary upgrade.

Well, I can't justify the cost of annual passes for all four of us, since we only come to the park every couple of years at the most frequent. So, that's not an option. I also can't afford to spend at least $80-$90 each for just one more day. I suppose I could go to guest services on the first day and be like "we're IN Anaheim for 6 days. I have money to spend in your park for a sixth FULL day (meals, entertainment), but you will ONLY get said money if you add on an extra day. So, you let me add a day, and you get a days worth of spending money from me for minimal effort on your part. What do you say to some free money?" They have nothing to lose by providing minimal service!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

You won't know unless you ask. However, be prepared to be turned away, and have a backup plan for what to do on that extra day.

I, myself considered a non park day, where I would perhaps sleep late, book a character meal, and spend some time in Downtown Disney shopping and daydreaming at the 3 Disney Hotels.

Going offsite was not an option for me since I don't drive.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by CanaDuh View Post
    I suppose I could go to guest services on the first day and be like "we're IN Anaheim for 6 days. I have money to spend in your park for a sixth FULL day (meals, entertainment), but you will ONLY get said money if you add on an extra day. So, you let me add a day, and you get a days worth of spending money from me for minimal effort on your part. What do you say to some free money?" They have nothing to lose by providing minimal service!
    You could do that, but don't you think they are already aware of that?

I'd suggest you consider going to Knott's or other attraction which would be cheaper than another day. Also you could get a SoCal CityPASS. Upgrade the 3 days at Disney to 5. Spend a day at Seaworld and a day at Universal.

• Among mad people

Why DO Australians get a 14 day pass?
    Just sayin'

Incidentally, Knott's has a stagecoach ride, Wild West stunt show, Native American show and Mine Train dark ride, all of which Disneyland had once upon a time so it's sort of like going to "Yesterland." And if you go to Knott's don't miss Mystery Lodge. It's astounding. And only about 8 miles away. Taxi?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Susie63 View Post
    For the life of me I don't understand why the Aussies still get 14 day hoppers though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSCguy View Post
    Why DO Australians get a 14 day pass?
    Coming from the other side of the world, is far more likely to be a once in a lifetime trip and and far more unlikely to be able to make multiple trips to use an AP. Also coming so far means that Disney has far more competition as the Aussies otherwise would spend more time elsewhere and out of SoCal for that matter, such as 1 day per attraction. They tend to visit Disneyland because they land in LA, but then travel thousands of miles around the continent while here.

They Australian guests now only can purchase a 10 day pass.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    They Australian guests now only can purchase a 10 day pass.
    If anyone needs a 14 day ticket, I can refer you to where to get them. They are for sale for 2013.

• Among mad people

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Coming from the other side of the world, is far more likely to be a once in a lifetime trip and and far more unlikely to be able to make multiple trips to use an AP. Also coming so far means that Disney has far more competition as the Aussies otherwise would spend more time elsewhere and out of SoCal for that matter, such as 1 day per attraction. They tend to visit Disneyland because they land in LA, but then travel thousands of miles around the continent while here.
    I see. That makes sense.
    Just sayin'

Try Flight Centre Canadian site. We have been able to get longer passes through them. We are also in Canada. I think they may have 6 and 7 day passes still available for Canadians. It might be worth a try.

I contacted Flight Centre, who said they no longer offer 6 or 7 day passes.

I guess I'm stuck. I'm going to attempt charming guest services. "So, uh, how about some free money? You add a day onto my pass, and I'll spend money in the parks! It's a win-win situation! I'm in Anaheim anyways!"

Thanks for the help, everyone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast