• AKA - DisneyChris

Has anyone ever, or plan to ever celebrate New Year's Eve at Disneyland?

Has anyone ever, or plan to ever celebrate New Year's Eve at Disneyland?

I personally have never. But I did spend one New Year's Eve at the Magic Kingdom in WDW - I was working though, was not a guest, but a Cast Member.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• 1 man can make a difernce

Re: Has anyone ever, or plan to ever celebrate New Year's Eve at Disneyland?

Busiest day of the year. We went two years ago and it was jam packed all day. They stopped letting people in in the afternoon. At night it was freezing. Terri Hatcher was right behind us at midnight!
    Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

• world class bilge rat

As much as I dislike crowds, there's no possible way I'd even consider it.

If you don't mind insane crowds, it'd be a great place to ring in the new year!

• Under that tree again!

A long while back, it wasn't uncrowded but not like today. I did DCA several years ago when the place was the alternative, but left before midnight, I'm not even sure the park was open that late.

I've been at WDW but not in a park, I watched the fireworks from the beach behind the Polynesian Resort.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

It used to be a yearly tradition for me all thru the 90's and early 2000's but now I arrive at the park after midnight and enjoy the park from about 1-3am

We went last year and the crowds were crazy but I guess not too crazy for us, since we're doing it again this year. LOL But maybe WE'RE the crazy ones.

"They can't order me to stop dreaming..."

• Selfie Expert

Maybe one year... I don't love when the park is packed, but I think it would be nice to see it once. Kind of like NYE in Times Square - I don't think I'll especially love it but I'd like to have the experience once.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    As much as I dislike crowds, there's no possible way I'd even consider it.

If you don't mind insane crowds, it'd be a great place to ring in the new year!
    Same here - that level of crowding is just way too overwhelming to me.

Many years ago, my family did NYE at Disneyland. Now, I'll be doing it with my boyfriend (who goes to Disneyland a lot, but has never been for NYE). We'll be in CA Adventure ready for crowds and fun!

I've done Disneyland foy NYE. Back when I lived out of state, we were on vacation in LA and decided to do DLand for NYE. We got there early in the morning and crowds were ok. As it got closer to nightfall, the crowds grew and grew. This was when there was only one park (no DCA). DLand was also open till 3 AM NYE.

Dont think I will do it again. Too many people and being older makes it harder to handle crazy crowds.

• 7/17/2005 I was there!

I've done it twice. First time was around '93 or '94 and it was surprisingly not busy. It was great fun! Second time was in the mid 2000s and lets just say I don't want to do it again if it'll be like the second time.
    "Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time" Walt Disney

• MaliBOOMer

I plan to some day. I hear Paradise Pier in DCA is the place to be!
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

I'm going to try this year. I was at OMDD and went throughout the Summer so I'm no stranger to big crowds.

• Minion

We do it each year (since 1998). Its crowded, but we kick back and enjoy.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• No Disassemble!

I've been to Disneyland three times so far but never to DCA. My favorite NYE experience at the park was ringing in the year 2000. The park was 10,000 people over capacity (reportedly) and somehow I managed to get up front viewing at the castle. So many friendly people and lots of bootlegged (snuck in) champagne too!!
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.