Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Keepin' it calsteady

Re: Univision ruins New Years for the second year in a row?

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    The point of the matter is you can let anything ruin any experience. Or you can look at things more positively. Realize that whatever is there is there.. and stand a bit farther back. Or go to DCA and enjoy the fountain and fireworks. There are so many choice we can make in life, and negativity is just sooo easy for everyone. It would be nice to see more choosing the positive side of things. This certainly doesn't and won't ruin New Years. The Year will still come, the world will still revolve, and thousands will still enjoy the fireworks Disney puts on tonight.
    Thank you for your voice of reason.

• Banned User

Univision offer English subtitles... And is one of the biggest networks in the world, and the 5th largest US network, over even, theCW.

Why cry over it? It's a business venture to share the Disney Magic, globally. If you don't like it, don't go.

The point of the matter is you can let anything ruin any experience. Or you can look at things more positively....There are so many choice we can make in life, and negativity is just sooo easy for everyone. It would be nice to see more choosing the positive side of things.
    Thank you for posting this....it is much needed around here these days.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

The point of the matter is you can let anything ruin any experience. Or you can look at things more positively. Realize that whatever is there is there.. and stand a bit farther back. Or go to DCA and enjoy the fountain and fireworks. There are so many choice we can make in life, and negativity is just sooo easy for everyone. It would be nice to see more choosing the positive side of things. This certainly doesn't and won't ruin New Years. The Year will still come, the world will still revolve, and thousands will still enjoy the fireworks Disney puts on tonight.
    For what its worth...I actually agree with you 100%. Sometimes the negativty and whining is ridiculous and as DJS put it so well

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    If you don't like it, don't go.
    I don't like HUGE crowds at Dland hence...I will not go for New Years. But enjoy myself when I go any other day of the year.

It is what it is....

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Well...it sucks but it sounds like Disney is putting this up for other reason then to block the view for people...and like other's have said just find another spot....Small World and The Rivers of America both are good viewing area's too

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Univision offer English subtitles... And is one of the biggest networks in the world, and the 5th largest US network, over even, theCW.

Why cry over it? It's a business venture to share the Disney Magic, globally. If you don't like it, don't go.
    Not only is Univision sharing the Disney Magic globally, it's sharing it locally too. There's a big reason Disney is giving Univision such prime real estate to film the park.

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    Too bad those screens are Disney's countdown screens and have nnothing to do with Univision...
    How are the screens different from the Univision stage though? Both block the view of the castle and both are set up well in advance giving guests enough time to find a good spot. Why complain about one post-show and not the other. You have notice of where the good views are well before the show.

Also Univision allows exponentially more people to view the show than the few in-park guests they block.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Re: Univision ruins New Years for the second year in a row?

Wow, that is the smallest "two-story" stage I have ever seen...

first last live pic before heading out will
    If your mocking my comment, read carefully and you'll see I did not say the "stage" is 2 stories, the "booth" is 2 stories behind the partners statue. So in the photo you provided, it would be behind who ever took that picture, not in front.

Are either of you visiting the park tonight for NYE? If not, I feel this is an unfair criticism to the 1000's of people who have traveled far and wide to the park today having no idea that this large structure will be there creating an even more difficult task of getting a view of the castle while ringing in the new year. To some its even a yearly tradition. And the booth will most likely have a rope margin taking even more space. So I understand that people get to watch it home, but for the people who actually made the trip to be there, its made their NYE plan that much more difficult. I don't think people who actually went will be grateful Univision set up shop smack dab in the hub.

There was nothing like watching the count down from Sleeping Beauty Castle bridge and this is no longer possible. Sure its not the end of the world and you can watch the fireworks from the parking lot, but the out cry is it used to be better. A lot of things used to be better to some of us and seeing the change effects a lot of us.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    ah ok..then I guess I'm not seeing this Univision stage? I've never been to a NYE at Dland so I'm at a loss.
    You're not missing out..

Lol, tell that to the families that came from all around the country that might end up being upset.

Would this thread have been made if ABC was there instead of Univision?

Nm
    Last edited by erdons; 12-31-2012 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Double post

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    You're not missing out..

Lol, tell that to the families that came from all around the country that might end up being upset.

Life has upsets, can't make everyone happy all of the time, no matter what they do, someone will not like it.

• I'm a fiddle player......

So far im liking the broadcast...makes me feel like im at Disneyland without the crowds and the cold

• Selfie Expert

While I agree complaining has gotten out of hand, I hae to say I would be irritated with a stage blocking a major viewing opportunity for "special occasion" fireworks.

If they had complained about it being crowded, that's one thing. That's expected. However, to have a temporary structure like that is just wrong.

I have never been there during NYE or any other major holiday, so I'm only basing this off of how I imagine I would feel. Hopefully everyone still has a magical celebration tonight!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Tom Bricker

Anyone know if this is streaming online anywhere? Here in Indiana, we don't get Univision...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast