Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Sock Puppet

Re: Univision ruins New Years for the second year in a row?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    Agreed, they should remove the four big trees near Walt's and Mickey Mouse statue and replace them with smaller trees.

The view from the left of the castle is horrible with those huge trees. They also need to remove the small tree to the right of the castle near the churros cart that tree block the castle for people wishing to see the fireworks from the right.
    Hmm, I believe DJS was being facetious.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Um... therefore ALL hispanics are not offended?
    No where did I say "I wasn't offended therefore I represent all Mexicans everyone so they weren't offended either"

I actually was just saying I wasn't offended, as you also stated:

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    It's nice that you weren't and I wasn't either BUT some people are and will be.

But it's good to know you weren't. I wasn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Personally I don't understand those who feel that they have to camp out in front of the castle for hours to see the fireworks. IMO the view is much better near the camera shop or even further back down Main Street. I much prefer the framework of the castle and the Matterhorn combined with the fireworks rather than being up front where the castle takes too much of the view to really get an emotional impact from the fireworks.

But if this annoys you then go for it. Go to City Hall I guess. Just stating my freindly opinion on this.
    i feel the same way, i was there on new years eve and i found it quite annoying having to walk around people that were camping in the area with blankets spread out from early in the day. I wish Disney would make a policy to forbid people from camping out so early before any showtime.

as for the univision stage and camera crew i really did not see a problem with their stage and or camera equipment like the original OP said. most of the fireworks are high up in the air and the small effects that are projected on the castle are clearly seen from the area and probably better from a distance like you mention

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Of course, it's all about marketing -- Disney Style. Last year, Disney-owned ABC teamed up with Univision to create an English language cable channel aimed at the Latino market. Disney couldn't give a rat's behind if their live promotional telecasts negatively impact a few hundred or a few thousand Disneyland guests. They got your money, they got their TV ratings, that's all that matters to them.
    Thank you Wiggins!! This is the core of what I don't like about Univision being at the castle. It's all the contractual formalities that make the show a sour interruption to an otherwise significant new years event. Then when things aren't going so well audience-wise they send in a crowd booster who speaks English and then runs offstage just as the cameras roll.

And look, I'm not being racist about this. In 25 years when Asians are the "majority" and CCTV and the Korean Channel are doing the same thing Univision is now I'll still be complaining about this unless Disney learns to be a little less greedy when it comes to promoting the brand. I just wish that the company didn't whore out the castle the way they do on the holidays.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Thank you Wiggins!! This is the core of what I don't like about Univision being at the castle. It's all the contractual formalities that make the show a sour interruption to an otherwise significant new years event. Then when things aren't going so well audience-wise they send in a crowd booster who speaks English and then runs offstage just as the cameras roll.

And look, I'm not being racist about this. In 25 years when Asians are the "majority" and CCTV and the Korean Channel are doing the same thing Univision is now I'll still be complaining about this unless Disney learns to be a little less greedy when it comes to promoting the brand. I just wish that the company didn't whore out the castle the way they do on the holidays.
    Meh. If you have to state that you aren't being racist chances are that you are in fact being racist, whether you happen to think you are or not.
    ...and Asians are the majority globally speaking (not sure why you put the word majority in quotation marks).

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    Meh. If you have to state that you aren't being racist chances are that you are in fact being racist, whether you happen to think you are or not.
    ...and Asians are the majority globally speaking (not sure why you put the word majority in quotation marks).
    This
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• No Disassemble!

.... in prior posts on this thread a few seemed to think I was putting Latinos in the spotlight which I wasn't, It just happened to be that the subject is about a Spanish speaking network. However, I felt it important to put the preface up.

And as to my last comment, Asians are the fastest growing minority group on the west coast, hence my probably distasteful yet factual comment about an Asian network being in the same situation as Univision in the future. It was meant as an example but sorry if I confused and/or offended you SoCalbma.

I'm mixed Japanese, Chilean, and Welsh and I'd say that I probably take race a lot lighter than others because of my multi-ethnicity, I'll keep that in mind to be more thoughtful when I post in the future.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Darn, I wish I had known about the broadcast so I could have watched it. I watched Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin instead. They were funny, but I would have liked to see Disneyland. Oh well, now I know for next year!
    Ah, Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin? Together at last? Talk about two great tastes that taste great together..

/sarcasm

Anyway, another member posted a picture of the tent which appears to be a 7 foot tall EZ-Up. After seeing this, and having it not be a 2 story tall gargantuan makeshift building there should really be no complaints. The tent was more than likely set up the night before, thus being there when the park opened. So when all these people who had intentions of camping out at the Hub saw this, they should have planned accordingly.

New Years Eve is a huge deal at Disneyland, so naturally there are going to be some special things set up that may *partially* obstruct the views in some spots. However, the fireworks are being launched into the sky so you're looking up. A 7 foot tall EZ-Up should not block your view of anything that is in the sky. Seems like a silly argument to me.

• Banned User

Some people love to complain.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Ah, Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin? Together at last? Talk about two great tastes that taste great together..

/sarcasm
    I ran into Kathy Griffin twice this year and she does taste great. One occasion was at this bomb sushi place. She was so funny I nearly had tuna roll coming out of my nose.

Anyway, another member posted a picture of the tent which appears to be a 7 foot tall EZ-Up. After seeing this, and having it not be a 2 story tall gargantuan makeshift building there should really be no complaints. The tent was more than likely set up the night before, thus being there when the park opened. So when all these people who had intentions of camping out at the Hub saw this, they should have planned accordingly.

New Years Eve is a huge deal at Disneyland, so naturally there are going to be some special things set up that may *partially* obstruct the views in some spots.
    Because you've some how been misinformed about that tent. I, nor the OP, didn't say anything about a tent. Neither was it confirmed that the tent in that photo was the same booth that was seen the night before or stage year before. Yes, that is tent. the OP called it stage, I called it a booth. As in control booth. As I said in my earlier post, they were above me, meaning they were standing above my head. And im 6ft. And they were doing lighting checks. How could anyone possibly check the lighting system in front of the castle in a closed tent facing the oposite direction? That is obviously not the same structure. Thats a tent. Not a lighting control booth. its been swaped, possibly so it wouldn't obstruct such a view but they needed a taller booth temporarily the night before to get the proper view of the entire lighting system surouding the front of the castle.

I tried to find a booth online similar to the one that I saw the night before but it seems buying event booths are not a hot item sold online, so I did a crude photoshop with the posted picture so that the tent in that photo resembled more like the booth that was in its place the night before just to give you a better idea.

Here were the lighting engineers look out the booth making the lights all pretty.

Here is my own photo of the lighting system they were setting up.

I'd sure hate to check this stuff without being able to see it. Thankfully Disney splurged and got these hard working tech crews a 2 story control booth so they could do their job right and then prep the area for guests the following day by replacing it with something much smaller.

However, the fireworks are being launched into the sky so you're looking up. A 7 foot tall EZ-Up should not block your view of anything that is in the sky. Seems like a silly argument to me.
    I think those worried about their view being obstructed weren't referring to a 7 foot tent blocking their view of the fireworks hundreds of feet up in the sky, but more so the stage setup right in front of the castle at ground level with the host, other guests and Mickey and Minnie. Some people like to see that stuff. And maybe even the countdown clocks, but less likely.
    Last edited by orbitalpunk; 01-04-2013 at 12:10 PM. Reason: forgot to wipe

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    I ran into Kathy Griffin twice this year and she does taste great. .
    Dude! What you do in your spare time.....should not be on MC..

I'M KIDDING!!!! it made me laugh.

Because you've some how been misinformed about that tent. I or the OP said anything about a tent. Neither was it confirmed that the tent in that photo was the same booth that was seen the night before or stage year before. Yes, that is tent. the OP called it stage, I called it a booth. As in control booth? As I said in my earlier post, they were above me, meaning there feet were elevated above my head. And im 6ft. And they were doing lighting checks. How could anyone possibly check the lighting system in front of the castle in a closed tent facing the oposite direction? That is obviously not the same structure. Thats a tent. Not a lighting control booth. its been swaped, possibly so it wouldn't obstruct such a view but they needed a taller booth temporarily the night before to get the proper view of the entire lighting system surouding the front of the castle.

I tried to find a booth online similar to the one that I saw the night before but it seems buying event booths are not a hot item sold online, so I did a crude photoshop with the posted picture so that the tent in that photo resembled more like the booth that was in its place the night before just to give you a better idea.

Here were the lighting engineers look out the booth making the lights all pretty.

Here is my own photo of the lighting system they were setting up.

I'd sure hate to check this stuff without being able to see it.
    You know, I think it was my fault for posting this photo...

Name:  watermark.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  208.2 KB

And mis-stating that it was the count down screens that was being discussed. I was completely wrong and I apologize for the confusion. You made it much clearer with your post above. So Sorry!

• Parking Lot > DCA

I ran into Kathy Griffin twice this year and she does taste great. One occasion was at this bomb sushi place. She was so funny I nearly had tuna roll coming out of my nose.
    I did not say Kathy Griffin wasn't funny, I meant that Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin were quite an odd couple to be watching.

Because you've some how been misinformed about that tent. I or the OP said anything about a tent. Neither was it confirmed that the tent in that photo was the same booth that was seen the night before or stage year before. Yes, that is tent. the OP called it stage, I called it a booth. As in control booth? As I said in my earlier post, they were above me, meaning there feet were elevated above my head. And im 6ft. And they were doing lighting checks. How could anyone possibly check the lighting system in front of the castle in a closed tent facing the oposite direction? That is obviously not the same structure. Thats a tent. Not a lighting control booth. its been swaped, possibly so it wouldn't obstruct such a view but they needed a taller booth temporarily the night before to get the proper view of the entire lighting system surouding the front of the castle.
    I am a little confused by your post. The picture that Malcon10t posted isn't the "booth" that was there this year? Also that booth isn't facing the opposite direction, it's closed up because it's daytime and there is no use for it and if it wasn't closed up there would be guests screwing with it and sitting inside.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345