Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Disney Cruiser

Rancho Palos Verdes, California, United States

Re: The old Maliboomer Location

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Except for all the second hand smoke filling the area since they made it a smoking section.
    I totally agree! I was stuck there for about 10 minutes waiting for the parade to move and could hardly breath!

During the DCA expansion, Blue Sky Cellars was showing a model with a Green Army Men Parachute Drop attraction in that spot. The cast member said that it was only a concept and there was no commitment to build the ride. He also said that there is a large underground component for the Maliboomer still embedded beneath the ground that would need to be removed before the space could be used for any new attraction. He went on to say that the removal of the remaining Maliboomer remnant would force the closing of California Screamin' for an extended period of time and there isn't a strong push to do that. Sounds plausible at least.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

They really should consider cloning the mystic manor attraction and placing the main house there with an extension of the showroom in a re-organized backstage.

the storyline if needed could be slightly altered but since we are talking about a boardwalk any storyline fits.

if they we really creative in how to utilize the area better they could build the house a bit elevated.

right now they have a huge pad where the mail boomer once stood, they could tear that out along with the large pit under ground that held the rest of the maliboomer infrustratucre.

New elevated building would be put at ground level that could be themed to a sandy hill with rock out droppings. Above that would be the manor. The ride would occupy this building and at one point have the track go down to an underground portion either by ramp or even using an elevator shaft. ( if universal figured out a way Disney should be able).

As for the queue, I would rebuild the last portions of the shops closest to the helix. There is plenty of unused boardwalk in front of the oddly shaped building. I would extend it closer to the walkway like they did for Midway Mania and also extended west so that it touched the helix. The entrance could still be somewhere where the old maliboomer entrance was as you were entering the manor thru a garden area and then cut thru the helix into the new extended queue and then have the load area at the back of the same building.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    They really should consider cloning the mystic manor attraction and placing the main house there with an extension of the showroom in a re-organized backstage.

the storyline if needed could be slightly altered but since we are talking about a boardwalk any storyline fits.

if they we really creative in how to utilize the area better they could build the house a bit elevated.

right now they have a huge pad where the mail boomer once stood, they could tear that out along with the large pit under ground that held the rest of the maliboomer infrustratucre.

New elevated building would be put at ground level that could be themed to a sandy hill with rock out droppings. Above that would be the manor. The ride would occupy this building and at one point have the track go down to an underground portion either by ramp or even using an elevator shaft. ( if universal figured out a way Disney should be able).

As for the queue, I would rebuild the last portions of the shops closest to the helix. There is plenty of unused boardwalk in front of the oddly shaped building. I would extend it closer to the walkway like they did for Midway Mania and also extended west so that it touched the helix. The entrance could still be somewhere where the old maliboomer entrance was as you were entering the manor thru a garden area and then cut thru the helix into the new extended queue and then have the load area at the back of the same building.
    I think having Haunted Mansion across the way at Disneyland is enough.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Team Hail HYDRA

They should be able to remove the moters of maliboomer with out closing screamn'
    the could pull a crane in thought a gate

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Inappropriate

I think there should be a Villains Fun-house dark ride. Like the way Midway Mania found an awesome way to turn crappy carnival games into an awesome ride, do the same for old boardwalk fun houses. I mean, not the same ride as Midway Mania, just that mindset that you can still make awesomeness out of carnie crap.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Isn't this the space they've said for years Ratatouille is going. Lots of backstage space. They decided to build it first in Paris and when done, and if popular..... I think a restaurant component is involved too, but with all the new dining in that corner...

•   

The Fun House Dark Ride sounds fitting. ( Bonus points if they have an animatronic Tom Hanks like on SNL. ) PoisonedApples and DynamiteGoat could be onto something with a gazebo or patio seating as well. The Army Men parachute drop makes about the most sense of all but my creative side is leaning towards the ideas that focus on this land only being used as an entrance/exit for a larger attraction built 90%+ behind the stage.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

A Haunted Boardwalk ride would be just too cool....just love to see something based on old ghost story's and mazes...combined with the amazing interactive tech of today

• World of Color

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    During the DCA expansion, Blue Sky Cellars was showing a model with a Green Army Men Parachute Drop attraction in that spot. The cast member said that it was only a concept and there was no commitment to build the ride. He also said that there is a large underground component for the Maliboomer still embedded beneath the ground that would need to be removed before the space could be used for any new attraction. He went on to say that the removal of the remaining Maliboomer remnant would force the closing of California Screamin' for an extended period of time and there isn't a strong push to do that. Sounds plausible at least.
    Maybe the Maliboomer or some sort of ride like that will make a return if that underground component is still there

• -

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    They should be able to remove the moters of maliboomer with out closing screamn'
    the could pull a crane in thought a gate
    Too much of a liability.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

There are no motors from the Maliboomer left there. What's left is the foundation for the three towers and possibly some air compressors which is what powered this attraction - air. The mechanisms that propelled the ride vehicles were built into the tower structures.

This would be an interesting discussion if some of you would suggest realistic ideas, but there is absolutely NO room for a dark ride of any kind within this area unless you want Disney to purchase one of those trailer mounted dark rides that you see at places like the LA County Fair and OC Fair.

Personally, I think they should've left the Maliboomer in its place. It was a great ride and probably the best themed tower ride ever. However, since it's gone I don't think you can really do anything with the space since the footprint is really too small for most rides. Also, a parachute tower is too similar to Jumpin' Jelly Fish and too similar to what they removed so what's the point?

• -

Quote Originally Posted by ericg View Post
    a parachute tower is too similar to Jumpin' Jelly Fish and too similar to what they removed so what's the point?
    Who says Jumpin' Jellyfish has to stay?

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Except for all the second hand smoke filling the area since they made it a smoking section.
    Who says the smoking section has to stay?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ericg View Post
    This would be an interesting discussion if some of you would suggest realistic ideas, but there is absolutely NO room for a dark ride of any kind within this area unless you want Disney to purchase one of those trailer mounted dark rides that you see at places like the LA County Fair and OC Fair.
    Well, Haunted Mansion and Indiana Jones were built "outside the berm", I think what's generally been suggested is that a facade for the attraction be built in the helix and the show building would be behind SCREAMIN' in the backstage area. Like TSMM is.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast