Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Re: The old Maliboomer Location

Im guessing its the smoking area now since when you pass over it on screaming you are flooded with that smell

Oh, is that what became of Boomer's little garden? It became a smoking area? Hm.

I know there's not a whole lot of floorspace over there (and I know the towers have been shaved off at ground level on the concrete), but if it still looks like what I remember it as, its sort of barren over there. Even in terms of plants and the like. I remember when the walls started coming down and the word was it would be a sort of "garden-esque" patio area for people to relax and view the rollercoaster. They placed a vending cart nearby in case one was hungry or thirsty, but the plants and shrubbery was really lacking.

• World of Color

Remember everyone keep this about the old maliboomer area not about smoking in the park debate

• -

Quote Originally Posted by WoC 95 View Post
    Remember everyone keep this about the old maliboomer area not about smoking in the park debate
    They kind of go hand in hand. Since they made the location a smoking area it is really hard to discuss putting something in there without discussing what to do with the smoking section.

I would hate it if they tried to keep the section and fit a ride in there wih it.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I feel that the idea for a garden is what would best fit with the original final plan for the expantion and what was promised on the construction walls. (About to go off topic here...hold on) You know the the CMs over at Autopia gets hazard pay well I hear complaints from CM Greater over at Silly Symphony Swings about the smoke. If Disney is going to pay CM to watch people drive around hybrid cars, than they need to pay the CM over at Silly Symphony Swings for breathing in all that smoke. I think Tom Stags needs to go work that attraction for a little while and he would get WDI down there in seconds. The attraction that WDI should build will need alot of planning since the DCA Main Wharehouse is located (the location when we have the Electrial Parade). This would require the final demo on Disney Way (the road behind DCA) in order for them to push the wharehouse back or rebuild it as that would repropose the building. And since they would be at it they would have to something over in the other circle of Screamin' and lower the enterence into it and build another attraction over there. This would cost a whole lot of money after they just spent Billions of $ on the park only to just spend more to get critisize saying the Cars Land was not enough to fix the park that now they have to finish what they started because they tore down a ride and put a closed off area and a smoking area to it in its place. I don't think anything is going to happen to the park until next year...we will hear at expo. Since the whole attraction expantion will just give TDA bad press than they will do nothing. Not even hazard pay (then they would have to say smoking is bad...but they can't do anything about it). So let's just go with my original idea and put a garden there....Remember we are in CA there is a coastal breeze. all the smoke in being blown north because the cost is just south of the park...right into Silly Symphony Swings.

• What imagination needs...

Name:  where.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  190.9 KB
    I'm probably missing something here, but where is this expansive backstage area everyone is talking about?

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Remember that you don't need that backstage road any more. Disney Way is now not part of the Guest infulstrure. We have all the way to the second fence now.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• What imagination needs...

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    Remember that you don't need that backstage road any more. Disney Way is now not part of the Guest infulstrure. We have all the way to the second fence now.
    Ok... That explains a lot... Did not realize that. I doubt Disney will be able to dream up a concept that's worth closing CS for, especially with all of the dark rides that are already in that area.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456