Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Talking World of Color New Year's Eve 13' Fireworks Glow with the Show Ears. Panoramic View

Hey Micechatter,

Here's a video I filmed from the VIP Section giving you a Panoramic View of the 2013 NYE World of Color. Well, technically It's the same show from last year minus the fog.

Looks like December 31st was the only time where people actually purchased a lot of these Glow with the Show ears.

Tom Staggs and his whole family also show up 10 mins prior to midnight in the VIP Section. They also celebrated with champagne toast during the show, but left right after the start of 12:08 WOC.

I also posted Disneyland NYE Fireworks down Main Street U.S.A if you guys want to see it just click on main channel.

Last edited by SoCalbma; 01-02-2013 at 03:50 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Re: World of Color New Year's Eve 13' Fireworks Glow with the Show Ears. Panoramic Vi

Thanks for the great video.
    More of the Glow With The Show hats are being worn than at a typical WOC show. Was there a special promotion?

• Selfie Expert

Re: World of Color New Year's Eve 13' Fireworks Glow with the Show Ears. Panoramic Vi

That is a heck of a video! Great view, too! Thank you for posting.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
    Thanks for the great video.
    More of the Glow With The Show hats are being worn than at a typical WOC show. Was there a special promotion?
    I think I saw somewhere that they were buy one get one free. I could be mistaken, though.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Hukuna Matata!

Very cool video, great clarity and such a great location. It was Kind of like being there.
    Thank you.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

MiceChatters have transported me to the parks on many occasions by posting their wonderful videos.

• The Fantasyland guy

Thanks for posting this.

Im suprised Disney didn't update the WoC New Year's Eve show more when compared to last year. It's basically the exact same show... W/ less fog. (Which is probably why they just re-used it. The 2010-2011 showing was unique though.)

Last years show:

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I think I saw somewhere that they were buy one get one free. I could be mistaken, though.
    They were for AP holders.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post
    They were for AP holders.

And they say the AP program needs to go. LOL

GREAT VIDEO!!!

• The doctor is in

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

It was buy one get one for everybody, not just AP holders. It was announced on the DCA Today twitter feed yesterday. They did not ask for my annual pass when I bought mine yesterday. The signs did not say the promotion was for APH only. There were lots of out-of-towners/one-dayers with them. Like...Japanese tourists and people who didn't know there were counter service restaurants in DCA and who panicked when finding out at 8:00pm that they needed a reservation to eat at the Wine Country lol

And if you had fast passes to the midnight countdown/WoC and your whole party had GwtS ears, CMs would approach you and ask you if you wanted to stand in the GwtS section. That section was placed directly in front of the VIP section, where this video was filmed.

Also, this was the first year that I know of (caveat: this was only my third NYE in a row) in which they did not sell separate NYE ear hats. I'm not talking about the plastic NYE top hats they pass out, but actual Mickey ears that say 2013 on them. This year, they sold BOGO glow ears and passed out free "stick-ears" -- two stickers, one for each glow ear: "20" and "13." Lots of people had those on their GwtS ears. They had this promotion at both parks, and at the World of Disney store at DtD.

It was really cool to see so many people with the ears. I didn't have any problems with people wearing them on rides. And I finally got to see WoC the way the glow ears were intended.

Side note: I did have a problem on Space Mountain with a whole family wearing those glowing scarves they sell from the ODV carts. But I actually enjoyed seeing bits of the tracks overhead.
    Last edited by The First Star; 01-01-2013 at 03:33 PM.

• Minion

I was totally convinced that going to Disneyland on NYE was a colossal waste because of the crowds and whatnot...but this was seriously awesome. I'm going to have to convince myself to go to the next two NYE celebrations--one for Disneyland park and the other at DCA.

As a side note, does anyone know if the rides were running shortly before midnight? If so, how long were lines?

^^^ I noticed tower of terror was posting a 13 minute wait at about 11:35pm.

I wasn't really watching wait times. We only rode a handful of rides, and only those for which we had fast passes.

New Year's Eve was awesome, This constant scare about how the crowds would be unbearable and best to stay away was false again. Yes Disneyland does get crowded and parts of it are shoulder to shoulder but the attractions were not really bad and most if not all had fast moving lines all day till late evening when Disneyland supposedly reached capacity.

friend and I park hopped thought the day and I have to say that DCA is really the place to be for the countdown. They had an awesome set up throughout the park.

mad tea party in Hollywood backlot, live music with a great set up in Buena vista street and a band in Carsland playing a variety of music. Each set up played music that match perfectly to the area that it was located.

As for the countdown in DCA if you we're at Paradise Pier not only do you get to see the every energetic midnight celebration but also have a perfect unobstructed view of the fireworks in Hollywood backlot and Disneyland.

Glow with the ear hats were buy one get one free and several eateries that normally charge extra for soft drinks had it included for example they served dinner all day at the bar-b-que ranch we we ate for lunch (dinner menu was served all day). And they also had all you could drink included for the day.

castmember in both parks were also in good spirit and having a great time

it was truly a really fun occasion I hope TDA keeps this up in both parks and wish they would promote the DCA celebration a bit more so that all dance areas would get full.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Great video! Thanks for posting. If the Glow with the Show Ears were 1/2 the price they normally are, most shows would probably look like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast