Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Inappropriate

Re: Blockout ticket NOT valid after midnight?

Quote Originally Posted by oddball View Post
    Why is everyone blaming Disney or the Cast Members? It's not their fault that the original poster bought a ticket valid for the date of 12/31/2012 and decided to leave the park and come in on 1/1/2013. Here's why they don't, won't, and can't change that policy. If they allow for one day for you to leave and then return the next day, then why not do it for all days or all people. If you can't read your ticket and when it's valid for, that's not the company's fault that you couldn't get it, that is 100% upon the head of the person who purchased the ticket and left the park thinking they could get in the next day. It doesn't matter if you think it's fair or not, it's business policy that keeps logistics simple. It's not their fault that you or others who ran into this issue could not understand that to be in the park on 1/1/2013 that you had to physically be in the park when the clock went from 11:59 pm to midnight. Stop blaming them for your mistake!
    Yeah but a stellar day is different from a theme park's operating day. If the parks were still open, then they were still open.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Why is everyone blaming Disney or the Cast Members? It's not their fault that the original poster bought a ticket valid for the date of 12/31/2012 and decided to leave the park and come in on 1/1/2013. Here's why they don't, won't, and can't change that policy. If they allow for one day for you to leave and then return the next day, then why not do it for all days or all people. If you can't read your ticket and when it's valid for, that's not the company's fault that you couldn't get it, that is 100% upon the head of the person who purchased the ticket and left the park thinking they could get in the next day. It doesn't matter if you think it's fair or not, it's business policy that keeps logistics simple. It's not their fault that you or others who ran into this issue could not understand that to be in the park on 1/1/2013 that you had to physically be in the park when the clock went from 11:59 pm to midnight. Stop blaming them for your mistake!
    Your ticket is valid for one BUSINESS day. If those business hours roll into the next day (like if the park states it's open till 1 or 2am), they should be honoring it. The OP did absolutely nothing wrong and this is clearly a fault on Disney management.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kayleigh83 View Post
    No one here is saying that you should be able to buy a ticket for one day and come back the next. But if you buy a ticket for a day where the hours extend past the end of that actual calender day then yes, your ticket should still be valid until the park is closed for that operational day. I don't think you should be able to then go home, go to sleep, and come back Jan 1 at 9 am and get back in the park. But for goodness sakes, robots don't run the ticket booths, PEOPLE do. People can make exceptions and in a case like this, it's pretty obvious to most people that you should be able to continue using your ticket for Dec 31 and the New Years Eve celebrations until AFTER midnight, up to closing time on that operational day. Simple.
    That's the crux of it. The Disneyland calendar for December 31 said that the park was closing at (1 or 2am?). That was the operational day, despite the fact that it technically rolled over to January 1. Everyone in the park that day with a one day ticket was still using it, and those with multi-day park hoppers didn't lose another day when the clock ticked to 12:01.

The ticket should have been honored.

By this logic everyone at a baseball game that goes extra innings and extends beyond midnight should be forced to leave at 12:00 am because the date on their ticket is for the previous day. That would make about as much sense as what happened to the OP. This was clearly a mistake on the part of the Cast Members.

Well it's a good thing we did not eave the park after midnight, at one point I did think about going to Disneyland at 1am when DCA was closing but figure it would be hectic especially since several CM said that Disneyland had reach capacity at certain hour.

The CM should have been able to overiride that easily. My friend had an annual pass that I bought him on the 30th as an E ticket and used it for the first time on the 31st. I had to update something with my pass so went to the ticket booth and figured we would just get his pass printed. i never had to get a block out pass for first time use but the cm gave him a block out ticket and he had to show it every time we park hopped and the cm would just go to a sub menu and override the block out day.

Glad we stayed in DcA and
    had a great time there, would have ruined the night if we had been locked out after midnight for park hopping not sure why more people do not go to that park for New Year's Eve countdown. Carsland had a great band as did Buena vista street along with Hollywood backlot and the paradise grill.

the great thing about DCA is that no matter how busy the park was not crowded they had great music all over the park and the countdown was awesome and you get perfect views of that countdown as well as Hollywood backlot and Disneyland firework. In the round.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Maybe to Disney it is one less person that have to evacuate from the park when the park actually closes. I mean you DID get to celebrate NYE inside a Disney theme park. I sure as heck didn't get to do that this year. Now if I tried to park hop and I was told I couldn't get in I would have gotten a manager to let me in, if possible. But if even the manager would say no, then I would have no choice but to leave OR head back to whichever park I originally came out of and try another manager over there who maybe had a heart and let me back in.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• I am number 4 of 999

That was definitely wrong information. The operating hours for 12/31/12 were DL 8 AM-2 AM and DCA 8 AM-1 AM. 01/01/13 hours were DL 8 AM-12 AM and DCA 8 AM- 11 PM. You should have been allowed to park hop until the official close of that day's business.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Got a reply from guest communications. Sounds like the CMs that were manning the gates were full of it.

Our Blockout day tickets are valid for that day's operating hours, on
    New Years Eve that would have been 2am on 1/1/2012. It is very
    surprising that you experienced this concern. In the future, if you
    encounter any inconveniences or disappointments, please feel free to
    inform a Cast Member that you would like to speak with a manager.

^^^

Sounds like they aren't that concerned about what happened and pretty much blowing you off. Way to go for "superior Disney customer service"

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    ^^^

Sounds like they aren't that concerned about what happened and pretty much blowing you off. Way to go for "superior Disney customer service"
    How is that blowing him off? Disney admitted the mistake of the workers at the gate and made a suggestion on how to avoid that situation should it arise again in the future. Really nothing more should be expected. The person was vindicated in that they were proven correct and Disney admitted a wrong. A night in the Dream Suite is hardly warranted in this situation.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    How is that blowing him off? Disney admitted the mistake of the workers at the gate and made a suggestion on how to avoid that situation should it arise again in the future. Really nothing more should be expected. The person was vindicated in that they were proven correct and Disney admitted a wrong. A night in the Dream Suite is hardly warranted in this situation.
    They blew him off because a customer was denied admission during operating hours. He had to stay outside while other guests were inside. There should be some sort of reimbursement in a form of a small gift card, complementary item or something. Yes, it's nice they apologized but business wise... something more should have been done. But I guess because there is no proof of this event actually happening, there's nothing they can do.

• Minion

If the park is open past midnight, aren't the extra hours considered part of that day?
    If not, then why don't they kick out everyone at midnight who doesn't have a ticket for the next day?
    Wouldn't the "operational day" be considered from when the park opens until when it closes?
    If the park is still open at 1 am on 1/1/2013, shouldn't that just be considered part of the operational day of 12/31/2012, that the guest paid for?
    Is it really that hard to program that variation into the computer?

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Apparently so...

I am usually behind Disney when it comes to CS because I have yet to run into bad CS at the parks but...

this situation is bad. First OP should have asked to speak to a lead as the email said but second, I think the OP should have gotten something more than an email regardless of whether he got to speak to a lead or not.

But I wonder...if OP was in line to get in the park then was denied at the gate, what about the other xyz number of people behind them who were doing the same as OP? OR the number of people in front of them who got in? Were all the people in line to get in denied? I would have waited to see or just asked for the lead.

• -

They blew him off because a customer was denied admission during operating hours.
    Blowing him off would have been to not acknowlege the situation, offer no appology, or admit fault. That did not happen here.

He had to stay outside while other guests were inside. There should be some sort of reimbursement in a form of a small gift card, complementary item or something.
    He missed about an hour of the opperating day after all the New Year festivities ended. If anything they could have prorated the hour and sent a gift card as reimbursement, but it would not have been worth it to me to force the issue.

Yes, it's nice they apologized
    That would have been enough for me. A company admitting its mistake and acknowledging that the customer was right goes a long way these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Or to educate the workers as to the meaning of the term "business day"?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Welcome to California

Since you said you had a blackout ticket, I'm curious what annual pass you have? I have a deluxe and needed a blackout ticket in order to go New Years Eve but my pass was valid for the 1st. My reason asking is because if it was after midnight and was considered the 1st couldn't one just use their annual pass to get in to the park? This is based off a deluxe pass I'm not sure what days were valid on the other passes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast