Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

Re: Blockout ticket NOT valid after midnight?

The customer's happiness is the most important asset. Without happy customers there is no business. They really should give this customer a ticket to come back any day they want to.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Well I said it... get a manager. I would have gone to multiple managers until one said, sure you can come back in.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Sock Puppet

i also heard that it was super duber busy NYE and that the park had closed due to full capacity and then some, so maybe also that the OP wouldn't of been able to get back in anyway? i dnt know.. but yeah I would of got a manager.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    i also heard that it was super duber busy NYE and that the park had closed due to full capacity and then some, so maybe also that the OP wouldn't of been able to get back in anyway? i dnt know.. but yeah I would of got a manager.
    Hmm this brings up another question...maybe they weren't letting people back in because of capacity and not because they were blocked out? Even though the OP did say

to be told our blockout pass is now expired because it's no longer 12/31.
    So either the CM was lying or there was a miscommunication...because if it was for capacity reason, that is understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    How is that blowing him off? Disney admitted the mistake of the workers at the gate and made a suggestion on how to avoid that situation should it arise again in the future. Really nothing more should be expected. The person was vindicated in that they were proven correct and Disney admitted a wrong. A night in the Dream Suite is hardly warranted in this situation.
    The response is unacceptable. The OP paid for a service and was deniedmitsnfull benefits. The appropriate response is a full or partial refund. And if Disney refuses, simply do a credit card chargeback, and send the email as proof. The CC company will side with the OP.

Very bad show on Disney's part, though if I had been the OP I'd have been far more agressive in making sure I got what I paid for right then.

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    The response is unacceptable. The OP paid for a service and was deniedmitsnfull benefits. The appropriate response is a full or partial refund. And if Disney refuses, simply do a credit card chargeback, and send the email as proof. The CC company will side with the OP.

Very bad show on Disney's part, though if I had been the OP I'd have been far more agressive in making sure I got what I paid for right then.
    I agree. Yes, most companies these days won't even admit they did anything wrong, so points to Disney in this case for at least owning up to it. But should we really set the bar so low? OP did not get what was paid for, end of story. If you went to a restaurant and ordered a meal, and they left off one of the sides but charged you full price, would you be happy? Would you accept the owner of the restaurant owner saying, "Oh, hmm. Seems we did leave off your fries sir. Sorry about that." Or would you insist you be refunded (fully or partially) or some other kind of compensation? In the case of a pricy DLR ticket, you bet I'd be wanting more.
    ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

•   
    • Minion

Yes, this does seem like a situation where some compensation would have been warranted. If they didn't want to refund the cost of the entire day's ticket, they could have made nice with a voucher for free merch or a free meal or something. The cast members who denied entry made them lose part of the value of their ticket. If it was a capacity control issue, they should have been warned before leaving that they would not be allowed back in.

The moral I guess is NEVER to leave the gate when something like this happens, but to ask for a manager/lead and insist on being helped then and there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123