My quick thoughts of the NYE '13 Countdown

I decided that I was insane enough to welcome the New Year by going to Disneyland/DCA and having to deal with the huge amount of crowds. I knew that my selection of rides would be limited, but I was mainly focusing on watching the World of Color New Year's 2013 Countdown for the first time. And I have to say that this event completely blew me away. Not only it was worth the wait, but also worth dealing with the huge crowds. Just loved the use of both the fountains and fireworks together for this event. Spectacular colors at times, too! Even loved the energy prior to the countdown. No doubt I think the World of Color New Year's countdown will thrive for many years to come.

I will say, though, that I still do believe the Disneyland New Year's "Fantasy in the Sky" fireworks has one INSANE grand finale. It completely wowed me when I saw it a couple of years ago, and (admittedly by watching a video) this year was no exception. In fact, I felt like they unleashed MORE shells during the finale, and the size of the explosions seemed bigger as well this year. I only wish that they would do something like that during the grand finale of the 4th of July fireworks show. I'm still thrilled that they're still using the "Fantasy in the Sky" soundtrack, and I believe that it's perfect for the New Year's fireworks show.

To me, I believe that both Disneyland and California Adventure have quality fireworks show that can be enjoyed by everyone. And there's honestly no doubt that I will return to celebrate the coming of the next year.

Re: My quick thoughts of the NYE '13 Countdown

I was in Disneyland (from 2PM to 2AM) and rode more rides than I thought I would, though not necessarily the E-tickets. I hopped on BTMRR (no wait) right after midnight and rode it during the fireworks, which seemed remarkably close. Going up the second chain lift pointed us right at them and it almost seemed like we were ascending into them. Magical.