Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Perks of an Annual Passholder?

As an Annual Passholder, my sole expectation is that I can visit the parks as many times I wish (excluding blackout dates) for a year. That is what I see myself paying for; essentially I pay a bulk discount for multiple admissions. And this is what I expected everyone to pay for.

However what I don't understand is why Disney Management seems to think that anyone expects anymore. I personally am urked by Management alienating regular admission ticket guests in the recent year or so by limiting certain offerings.

For example, just last night at New Years Eve, AP's were given complimentary Glow with the Show hats. What makes them any more special than a cross-country visitor who makes the trip only once every few months? The way I see it, once everyone pays to get into the park they should all be treated equally.

Or, what is the purpose of early admission just for AP's? AP previews? Discounts?

If the entire purpose of the 2001 expansion was to make Disneyland a destination resort, then why is Disney alienating those who are turing Disneyland into their destination? Shouldn't we all be equal?

• Selfie Expert

Re: Perks of an Annual Passholder?

APs are an investment into the Disney company, so as with any other company, they want to encourage their investors to continue to give their money to the company. They're not different than buying season tickets to a sports team, which also gains you special access and perks.

When you buy an AP, you are guaranteeing Disney an amount of money ahead of time, which they can invest and budget more in advance than those who purchase their tickets the day of their visit. They would prefer that everyone buy a pass, as it's guaranteed income. Whether the park is empty or not, they have already received payment from APs. Hopefully that make sense.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I don't need anymore perks, being able to go to Disneyland is enought perks for me!
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

For AP glow w show hat I think it's to have more in the park visible. Marketing!

Giving AP discounts gives AP holders an incentive to buy food and merchandise while in the parks.

And offering early entry and other perks also gives the AP holder a reason to renew their pass at a higher price.

• Seasick

I guess the more people have the glow with the show ears, the more visible they are, and the more people will want to have their own.

I'm a fan of equality among guests as well, as much as possible.

Freebies like the ears aren't so bad, as it's not impacting a day guest. It's just an extra.

I'm less impressed when certain things are only available to one group of ticket holders, and others are shut out completely. On my last trip, since I didn't have an annual pass, I was excluded from the Frankenweenie preview in the Muppet Vision 3D theater. I didn't care about seeing it, but on principal I was not impressed.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Selfie Expert

I understand where you're coming from. Really, I could argue both sides of the issue. For APs, you're "investing" in a pass that gives you that access. You're choosing to pay this much in hopes/plans of visiting this often, plus paying for additional perks. Others may not be so sure how often they'll visit, or don't think they'll want to visit, so they aren't willing to put as much into it.

Sure, overall the AP may pay less per day than non-AP, but the whole point is to get more people in more often to spend on merchandise, food, etc.

It's an interesting point that you're making, for sure!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Its either marketing or an apology for ravaging out poor wallets this year. But I do see your point.

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    For example, just last night at New Years Eve, AP's were given complimentary Glow with the Show hats.
    How? What? Where? I did not know this! >_<

Also, ONLY Americans complain about getting incentives and perks after spending money. Typically, a symptom known as "First World Problems".
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Hukuna Matata!

I'm greedy I say more perks for passholders. Heck even more if your from Arizona but seriously I love using my AP discounts, getting special invitations to Passholder only events, limited AP trading pins and various merchandise. It feels good to feel your getting more bang for your buck.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    I'm greedy I say more perks for passholders. Heck even more if your from Arizona but seriously I love using my AP discounts, getting special invitations to Passholder only events, limited AP trading pins and various merchandise. It feels good to feel your getting more bang for your buck.
    I'd be down for this!

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    How? What? Where? I did not know this! >_<
    I didn't know about it either. I didn't know about the original GWTS AP previews, nor the F! 20th anniversary shows. After almost an entire year I still have no idea how this information spreads.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    I didn't know about it either. I didn't know about the original GWTS AP previews, nor the F! 20th anniversary shows. After almost an entire year I still have no idea how this information spreads.
    Is your email/physical address linked to your Annual Pass account on Disneyland.com? That seems to be the biggest issue for some people I know, but I don't know what else might be the problem if you've completed your profile and checked the box that says to send you information.

I thought the Glow Ears Promotion on NYE was buy one, get one free (for everyone, not just APs)?

This is the first I've heard of free ones on NYE.

• Not on the Jedi Council

yeah, and I have never seen early entry for APs, and I tend to show up at opening because the parks aren't as crowded most days at opening. Maybe the OP is talking about the Early Magic Mornings perk for hotel guests?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast