• I see as I say

Question Fastpass Return Times Enforced?

Yesterday (12-31-12), a Tower of Terror CM told me that they were going to start enforcing fastpass return times starting today (1-1-13). Has anyone found that to be true?
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."

• Foolish Mortal

Re: Fastpass Return Times Enforced?

Why should this come as a surprise to anyone? They should have enforced the return times from Day 1. The fact that they honor the FP after the return time is beyond me.

• The doctor is in

I would hope so, but seeing that FP times were supposed to start being enforced in November and they still aren't I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• -

I'm crossing my fingers that it is true.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Minion

It would be a good time of year to try it - if they phase it in now, during a slow(er) season, they might have it working well by the time we get to spring. I sure hope so.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    Why should this come as a surprise to anyone? They should have enforced the return times from Day 1. The fact that they honor the FP after the return time is beyond me.
    Its comes to some of us as a surprise cause 1. It's hasn't been enforced for so long and 2. Disney is not well known for saying "NO" to guests. Saying "NO" and Disney Magic don't mix well. They normally find ways to appease guests. You hear stories about it all the time. Thats what makes them Disney. So yeah, when a CM tell me " your 10 minutes past your return time, you can't go on the ride now", yeah, It'll be a unusual experience at a Disney Theme Park.

• Selfie Expert

While I am in the group that would like to see FP Times enforced, this would surprise me. At WDW (based on the posts here) they had signs up "warning" that times would be enforced. I would expect DLR would do something similar, at least for the CM to have something to point to when a customer starts getting upset.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Inappropriate

Am I the only one that sticks to the return times just out of principle? I feel bad for the machine that took time out of its day to print me some return times, so I do it for him...her..whatever a fastpass machine is.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Am I the only one that sticks to the return times just out of principle? I feel bad for the machine that took time out of its day to print me some return times, so I do it for him...her..whatever a fastpass machine is.
    I'd say "her", since the fastpass is, sort of, delivered.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Am I the only one that sticks to the return times just out of principle?
    No you are not. I have honored the FP times on my pass for as long as I've been using FP. I plan my day around what the times say.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

You would think, if they were going to do this, there would be a sign in front of the FP distribution areas emphasizing that you stick to return times.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• The doctor is in

No, you aren't the only one. I always honor my FP times because it's the right thing to do. If I get a FP for Splash Mountain and my return time is 12:30-1:30 I plan accordingly so I can be back there within that window. It's not that hard.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

•   
    • Minion

I'm another who always adheres to the return time. In all honesty, until I started reading here I was not aware that you COULD come back late. Even knowing that now, I still adhere to the return time because I know it is important. It's really not a big deal to get to the attraction within that one hour window.

• Capt without a ship...

I have to apologize as I used to only follow FP times as they were printed. I never even had any idea you could come in anytime after.

It was only recently I learned this and me and my family (3 of us) used it otherwise. A couple of trips this really helped us get everything in when we had a guest that had never been there before. Other times, we had 3 sets of unused FP's that we ended up giving away to other families to use.

Never thought it was much of any issue as we used the FP's later in the night when people were leaving anyway.

• Seasick

I've used Fastpasses after their time, but I've never had a problem with the times being enforced.

I think there will be some warning an signage before it happens, like they did in Florida, although one could argue that the "return between these two times" on the tickets should be warning enough.

Do they really need to spend a lot of time and effort telling people they'll be enforcing the existing rules?
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/