Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Miracle:(n) Kings win Cup

Thousand Oaks, Staples Center, Disneyland

Re: Prep and Landing 4D: Don't waste your time

I enjoyed the first 8 minutes, and then I fell asleep, not realizing that the show was going to be about 20 minutes. Anyways, it was cute; however, I would have wanted that 20 minutes back if I were a one-day customer and not an AP holder.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by kaspangle View Post
    I have to say that this show was the only real negative of our family trip (well, other than the spotty screen at Soarin). We had never been to Disneyland at Christmas time, and we were very impressed with the holiday offerings in both parks . . . except Prep and Landing 4D. It was not funny. Not interesting. No one in the theater laughed. My kids (3, 7, 10) had nothing to say about it when it ended except: "Why did we have to wear these glasses?" Honestly, the 4D wasn't anything-- not even 3D. I give this show two thumbs down.
    That's EXACTLY the experience I had.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    I hate when people think that there opinions should be the opinion of everyone. You admit upgront that you aren't the target audience but still decide that everyone should avoid it unless they need a nap?

I personally thoroughly enjoyed it. 20 minutes is not a long time. I thought prep and landing was adorable and very appropriate for the season. I laughed and the audience laughed along as well. There was a 4D effect or two, they used spotlights in the theater during a portion of the movie where they were using a flashlight is the main one I remember (I went in early December). I'll grant the effects weren't that noticeable or really added much but all in all I enjoyed.

I even bought the first prep & landing on amazon instant video to watch for xmas eve.
    Different folks, different strokes. Simple as that. You're opinion, review, and suggestion is just as valid as theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I didn't say my opinion had to be the opinion of everyone. We're allowed to post reviews and I did.
    This. Seems to me that the "4D experiences" they keep shoving in there are just cheap excuses for entertainment options.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I didn't say my opinion had to be the opinion of everyone. We're allowed to post reviews and I did.
    Well said.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

All I am going to say is that it sounds like the OP was expecting the cheap 3D gimmicks of the past instead of the newer style of added depth

The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

• Minion

Another Prep and Landing fan here. I like both specials, but I'd say the first was better then the second. It's a nice thought trying to get the characters out there so more people can actually discover the specials, but just putting the second special in Muppet Vision might not have been the best move.

That said, I think Darth Maul could stand to play a little game.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Not on the Jedi Council

Well, I thought it was kinda cute, but I can understand Maul's criticisms. Tex Avery, it wasn't.

As for the Muppets, I would be happy if they made a couple more videos to provide variety for the attraction like they did with the Star Tours revamp.

• I am number 4 of 999

I also felt that it was a waste of time more than anything.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by seafaring_ghost View Post
    All I am going to say is that it sounds like the OP was expecting the cheap 3D gimmicks of the past instead of the newer style of added depth
    3D has to be like this:

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by seafaring_ghost View Post
    The "newer style" is a cheap excuse to make movies that aren't filmed in 3D and then charge people extra money for depth that's basically already there. It's useless and misleading.

• La Reine Lézard

It was a waste of 20 minutes. I sat in the theater and I was SO bored, and so were my little brother and sister. I didn't even smile watching it - that's a rarity. When we left, my siblings kept bugging my mom with "Why did you make us sit through that?"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123