Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Golden Horseshoe AP Limited Magic event

Having never seen the original, I think I'll wait for the reviews to start rolling in...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    Having never seen the original, I think I'll wait for the reviews to start rolling in...
    I'm with you. $35 is no chump change for me.

• The Tomorrowland One

And now the cool stuff that I wish I could do if I had an AP. Alas, I've no need of one being a CM...

I would LOVE to see this so much. Guess I just have to go one day during the day.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Hate to be so negative here, but its not too surprising for me
    When I saw this, it doesn't look like an aweful price, but my fear is this is just the first of many extra cost options.

Limited Time Profiteering for all of 2013.

First things first, I am excited that this show is making a short come back.
    Although I must say I am very disappointed this is not available to the general public, and I am certainly disappointed this is a $35 dollar per person up-charge event.

I do wonder what the planned run time of the tribute show will be, since The original "Golden Horseshoe Revue" was only a 30 minute show.
    Does anyone know what the run time for the "Tribute" show will be?
    How are they handling seating? First come first serve or reserved tables?

For a $35 dollar up charge per person, these are important questions!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    First things first, I am excited that this show is making a short come back.
    Although I must say I am very disappointed this is not available to the general public, and I am certainly disappointed this is a $35 dollar per person up-charge event.

I do wonder what the planned run time of the tribute show will be, since The original "Golden Horseshoe Revue" was only a 30 minute show.
    Does anyone know what the run time for the "Tribute" show will be?
    How are they handling seating? First come first serve or reserved tables?

For a $35 dollar up charge per person, these are important questions!
    The show IS available to the public, only the 6:30 show is the AP dinner show.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    The show IS available to the public, only the 6:30 show is the AP dinner show.
    Really? Do you have a link to the article or info regarding the public accessible shows? No reason to pay 35 dollars just for dinner if anyone can see just the show for free!

• Closed Account

Especially considering the first two words of the release say it was "inspired by" the original show...

• Tour Ready

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    I'm with you. $35 is no chump change for me.
    $35 doesn't seem too out of line when you break it down and compare it to other items available at the Parks. A plastic glass with a shake is $9.59 at Flo's, and I'm sure the boot mug will also be plastic. A sandwich with included side and drink at River Belle is $16. A dessert at the Parks usually cost around $4.99 so add that as well for the slice of cake. And there is still a Musical Keepsake. Possibly a copy of the Golden Horseshoe CD which would typically cost $15 dollars. Even without the gift, the mug and meal and dessert are close to if not over $30 so I think this is very reasonable and look forward to enjoying the show.

• Still Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    Really? Do you have a link to the article or info regarding the public accessible shows? No reason to pay 35 dollars just for dinner if anyone can see just the show for free!
    Straight from the disney blog.

Return to the Golden Horseshoe for Some ?Limited Time Magic? at Disneyland Park Disney Parks Blog

UPDATE 1/2/13:To reserve a seat for “A Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue,” guests should visit the podium at the entrance to the Golden Horseshoe on the date of their selected performance. A cast member will issue a ticket for the preferred show time, based on availability, which the guest will use for admission to the show. It is similar to the process that was used during the original run of the “Golden Horseshoe Revue.”

Disneyland APs – we’ve got a special opportunity for you! Please visit www.disneyland.com/apmagicto learn about a special Golden Horseshoe dinner package. Booking begins today, so make your reservation soon!
    The AP 6:30 show is separate from the general shows that will be occurring.

• Disneyland PAP

The 10,000th performance was celebrated on the Disneyland TV show. Here is the first of four parts of an "enhanced" version of the show with special guest Annette added on YouTube.

I'm with others who aren't excited about the $35 price, but I understand why Disneyland's charging for it. It's a business. I'll wait to see if my friends are interested in making an group outing of it. If not, I'll catch it for free during one of the other showtimes during its run. Very grateful I'm a local!

• former CM

I hope there is a lot of demand for this, but only because this might increase the chances of this returning permanently. I could pay $35 for tickets, but I'll pass, despite that I liked this show. It used to be included with admission, so the value of Disneyland is decreasing.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    I hope there is a lot of demand for this, but only because this might increase the chances of this returning permanently. I could pay $35 for tickets, but I'll pass, despite that I liked this show. It used to be included with admission, so the value of Disneyland is decreasing.
    Hopefully the free shows fill up with overwhelming crowds and nobody shows up for the $35 souvnire and ticketed shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    I don't know... that cake's gotta have some serious freezer burn.
    That's what I was going to say, that cake must be pretty pertified after over 50 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Especially considering the first two words of the release say it was "inspired by" the original show...
    I remain rather sceptical about new people taking over the roles in the show. With they be imitators doing the show by the script, or will it be a show about the show? Plopping down $70 when you don't know what to expect is a bit of a stretch when you've been hit hard by the recession.
    Hollywood Gift Collections
    www.startowngifts.com

• Foolish Mortal

My wife got the email but I didn't. We are on the fence about going.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast