Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Golden Horseshoe AP Limited Magic event

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Straight from the disney blog.

Return to the Golden Horseshoe for Some ?Limited Time Magic? at Disneyland Park Disney Parks Blog

The AP 6:30 show is separate from the general shows that will be occurring.

Fantastic! I am very happy to stand corrected and learn that this show will be available to general ticketed public at no additional up charge!

I cannot wait for the show!

Thanks so much again!

• And Dad was my hero.

I have to say I think the name "limited time magic" is in very poor taste, but I do love the Golden Horseshoe and am delighted to be there to see this.

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    The 10,000th performance was celebrated on the Disneyland TV show. Here is the first of four parts of an "enhanced" version of the show with special guest Annette added on YouTube.

I'm with others who aren't excited about the $35 price, but I understand why Disneyland's charging for it. It's a business. I'll wait to see if my friends are interested in making an group outing of it. If not, I'll catch it for free during one of the other showtimes during its run. Very grateful I'm a local!
    Not only Annette Funicello. But Gene Sheldon from the Guy Williams Zorro series. And the great Ed Wynn. A lot of great performances in that episode from Walt Disney's World of Color TV show. I never got to see the original Golden Horseshoe. So I'm really looking forward to this coming back even for a limited time. Hopefully it's popularity will convince Disney to bring it back for a much longer run.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

I got to see it the first time around, but I was too young to appreciate it. Luckily a few of the original performers, original subs and stand-ins are still around, and they might get to take part. I'd love to get a few more details on that before dropping the money.

And if that 'musical souvenir' is in fact a CD of the show, that might end up being a decent bargain after all - the Food & Beverage part has to be a good $15 to $20 on it's own.
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• former CM

As CAspace has pointed out above, and according to some good news from Norman's update today, we'll have another way to attend the GH Revue without paying $35. Yesterday I thought one could only see it by paying $35 for a dinner/souvenir package. But Norm's update today made it sound like reservations will also be accepted as they were in the early and mid 1980s. See below:

From today's update:
    "Guests interested in seeing the show during its run will have to reserve their seat by visiting the reservations podium in front of the Golden Horseshoe on the day of the show. A cast member will issue a ticket for their preferred showtime based on availability.

But, of course, there is also a special dinner package available for Annual Passholders at http://disneyland.disney.go.com/spec...iew-dinner/for $35 a pop. That $35 includes corn chips in a souvenir Golden Horseshoe boot mug, ham and roast beef sandwiches, raisin and carrot salad, potato salad, and berry fruit salad
    ."
    Last edited by jcruise86; 01-04-2013 at 08:56 AM.

• Parmageddon Jim

Yesterday, I went through the 35 minute process of giving Disney $70.00 (Writer for the Press-Enterprise spent over an hour!) for two tickets for opening night of The Golden Horseshoe Re-Do. My confirmation e-mail today says I'm confirmed for ONE. Bank account says I paid for TWO.

Shades of the Pirates event.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

• Former Cast Member

Someone verify this for me. If I read it correctly, do passholders have to pay admission ot the park and then another $35 for the show? If I read this correctly, this is craziness and absurd. Making passholders pay that amount for admission and them more $$ for a show and dinner. That is ludicrous. PLease tell me I read it wrong.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

The dinner fee/reservation/souvenirs package is 35 on top of park admission, yes, that is not misread. If you have an AP and it's not a blockout day, your admission is covered already: I.E., you can get into the park to get to Frontierland see the show. The 35 is not included in owning an Annual Pass, however.

Watching the show minus the AP package dinner (occurs once per day) is 'free' (free being the cost of admission to Disneyland, same as riding Haunted Mansion, sitting on a bench, or drinking from a water fountain).
    Last edited by RegionsBeyond; 01-04-2013 at 12:44 PM.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDI33 View Post
    $35 doesn't seem too out of line when you break it down and compare it to other items available at the Parks. A plastic glass with a shake is $9.59 at Flo's, and I'm sure the boot mug will also be plastic. A sandwich with included side and drink at River Belle is $16. A dessert at the Parks usually cost around $4.99 so add that as well for the slice of cake. And there is still a Musical Keepsake. Possibly a copy of the Golden Horseshoe CD which would typically cost $15 dollars. Even without the gift, the mug and meal and dessert are close to if not over $30 so I think this is very reasonable and look forward to enjoying the show.
    Oh, I don't think the price is out of line. But I don't have the nostalgia factor that makes me really need to see the show. I was thinking about coming in during a public showing and grabbing some food if I'm hungry. I just don't know if I really need the CD or their dinner package.

RE: price, my understanding is if your pass is valid for that day, you don't pay admission price plus $35. Of course you have to pay for admission if you're blocked out on that day.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    Someone verify this for me. If I read it correctly, do passholders have to pay admission ot the park and then another $35 for the show? If I read this correctly, this is craziness and absurd. Making passholders pay that amount for admission and them more $$ for a show and dinner. That is ludicrous. PLease tell me I read it wrong.
    Passholders have passes.

Some passholder special events, like attraction previews, include a blockout ticket if you are blocked out on the day of the event. This is not one of those events. If you choose to go on a day you are blocked out you will have to purchase a blockout ticket.

Hairy Baby!

• We Want The Redhead

Booked. Thanks for the ongoing updates.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• I am number 4 of 999

I think the part that is overlooked is the fact that it is an extra show for APs only. I assume they will still be serving food during the normal park operating hours and show performances, which means you will have to fight for a table with people who are just there for the food and will stay for the show because it's there and they're there, not because they even want to see it. And that is a congested space as it is. I don't even like going in there because it is so cramped during the regular park hours. $35 for a LIVE show with limited audience capacity, food and a souvenir seems surprisingly fair to me.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123