View Poll Results: Yea or nea?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Lets get the Doctor in!

    14 22.58%
  • Meh, could be cool...

    10 16.13%
  • No! Terrible idea

    38 61.29%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54

Thread: Doctor Who

  1. #31

    • Ewok
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Burley, Washington, United States
    Posts
    142

    Re: Doctor Who

    if Doctor Who was in Disneyland maybe i could convince my husband to take me more often...

  2. #32

    • Bring back the Keelboats!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lompoc, CA
    Posts
    2,391

    Re: Doctor Who

    David Tennant and the Tardis in Tomorrowland? Oh yeah! Don't know about a ride or the Daleks, but a little bit would be fun!

    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!


    Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!


    Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

  3. #33

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Undisclosed location somwhere in SoCal
    Posts
    181

    Re: Doctor Who

    I agree with HiddenMickeyBook, I didn't mean the Doctor's face would be plastered all over, just maybe some street entertainment in Tomorrowland. I think that would be easy to do as well as entertaining. Just imagine the Doctor dashing past you with a random person from a crowd (companion).

  4. #34

    • Mostly Harmless.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Idaho...
    Posts
    1,823

    Re: Doctor Who

    Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    Dr Who has a limited fan base compared to Star Wars, so that comparison would be moot.

    Dr Who also carries with it, YEARS of, assumed dorky nerdism as well as lame British sci-fi.

    sonic screwdriver? Is that a drink?
    slap yourself.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

  5. #35

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    1845 Sugarcube Ln., Ponyville, Equestria
    Posts
    556

    Re: Doctor Who

    On that topic, can I go a little bit off topic?

    Does anyone have a chart or at least a rough estimate on the size of the Whoovian Fandom?

    Also, since it just arose in my mind when Coastierox quoted you;

    Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    Dr Who also carries with it, YEARS of, assumed dorky nerdism as well as lame British sci-fi.
    Can't those tags also apply to Star Trek and even Star Wars?


    Back on topic, however, I still do believe if a Doctor Who attraction were to be built, either put it in EPCOT's UK Pavillion or some park in the UK, or at least England.



    Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

  6. #36

    • Coming soon...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    349

    Re: Doctor Who

    I imagine that in reality there aren't enough Americans who are a fan of this 'lame British sci-fi' series to justify it in Disneyland itself. But, we here in Britain appreciate quality well-produced television

    Sort of on topic, I produced some designs for a mini-land extension to a proposed Tomorrowland style park. Personally, I'd say that Doctor Who COULD fit in to a Disney park, and I hope these two videos demonstrate the kind of rides you could possibly make.

    The World of Doctor Who - part 1 of 2 - Sonic Screwdriver Academy (Discovery Island part 8) RCT3 - YouTube
    The World of Doctor Who - part 2 of 2 - Battle Across Time (Discovery Island part 9) RCT3 - YouTube

    I really don't see how this is less Disney-like than Marvel, Star Wars or Indiana Jones, and I have no problem with any of those three having a prescence in the park given the overwhelmingly poor quality of many recent Disney company products with regards to film and TV. Doctor Who is a family show enjoyed by millions over here, a critical darling and has so many different locations and possibilities.

  7. #37

    • Foolish Mortal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Firebaugh, CA
    Posts
    374

    Re: Doctor Who

    Surprisingly I'm for it.



    "So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
    "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

  8. #38

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    1845 Sugarcube Ln., Ponyville, Equestria
    Posts
    556

    Re: Doctor Who

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorchio View Post
    I imagine that in reality there aren't enough Americans who are a fan of this 'lame British sci-fi' series to justify it in Disneyland itself. But, we here in Britain appreciate quality well-produced television

    Sort of on topic, I produced some designs for a mini-land extension to a proposed Tomorrowland style park. Personally, I'd say that Doctor Who COULD fit in to a Disney park, and I hope these two videos demonstrate the kind of rides you could possibly make.

    The World of Doctor Who - part 1 of 2 - Sonic Screwdriver Academy (Discovery Island part 8) RCT3 - YouTube
    The World of Doctor Who - part 2 of 2 - Battle Across Time (Discovery Island part 9) RCT3 - YouTube

    I really don't see how this is less Disney-like than Marvel, Star Wars or Indiana Jones, and I have no problem with any of those three having a prescence in the park given the overwhelmingly poor quality of many recent Disney company products with regards to film and TV. Doctor Who is a family show enjoyed by millions over here, a critical darling and has so many different locations and possibilities.
    Now THAT is something I want to support and see!



    Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

  9. #39

    • aka 'KiMcHeE'
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    562

    Re: Doctor Who

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorchio View Post

    Sort of on topic, I produced some designs for a mini-land extension to a proposed Tomorrowland style park. Personally, I'd say that Doctor Who COULD fit in to a Disney park, and I hope these two videos demonstrate the kind of rides you could possibly make.

    The World of Doctor Who - part 1 of 2 - Sonic Screwdriver Academy (Discovery Island part 8) RCT3 - YouTube
    The World of Doctor Who - part 2 of 2 - Battle Across Time (Discovery Island part 9) RCT3 - YouTube

    I really don't see how this is less Disney-like than Marvel, Star Wars or Indiana Jones, and I have no problem with any of those three having a prescence in the park given the overwhelmingly poor quality of many recent Disney company products with regards to film and TV. Doctor Who is a family show enjoyed by millions over here, a critical darling and has so many different locations and possibilities.
    Yeah, exactly what I was saying! But wow you took it to the next level with your videos! Those are awesome!!! Excellent work! Loved how you designed the queue and everything!
    Last edited by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe; 01-08-2013 at 02:37 AM.

  10. #40

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,542

    Re: Doctor Who

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorchio View Post
    I really don't see how this is less Disney-like than Marvel, Star Wars or Indiana Jones
    Disney owns those. Therefore they are Disney properties. Disney does it own Dr. Who. Therefore it is not Disney.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  11. #41

    • aka 'KiMcHeE'
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    562

    Re: Doctor Who

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Disney owns those. Therefore they are Disney properties. Disney does it own Dr. Who. Therefore it is not Disney.
    Remember, Disney recently just acquired Star Wars and Indiana Jones. It was not owned by Disney until starting last year.

  12. #42

    • formerly very helpful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,834

    Re: Doctor Who

    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    On that topic, can I go a little bit off topic?

    Does anyone have a chart or at least a rough estimate on the size of the Whoovian Fandom?

    Also, since it just arose in my mind when Coastierox quoted you;



    Can't those tags also apply to Star Trek and even Star Wars?


    .

    Absolutely not!! Star Wars and Star Trek are American, not British. So correctly, it should be said :Star Wars and Star Trek carry with it, YEARS of, assumed dorky nerdism as well as lame AMERICAN sci-fi.

  13. #43

    • formerly very helpful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,834

    Re: Doctor Who

    Quote Originally Posted by 999happyhants View Post
    I agree with HiddenMickeyBook, I didn't mean the Doctor's face would be plastered all over, just maybe some street entertainment in Tomorrowland. I think that would be easy to do as well as entertaining. Just imagine the Doctor dashing past you with a random person from a crowd (companion).
    Of course, is the Doctor has recently regenerated, he actually could be ANYBODY who has gone past you with a random person from the crowd, and you wouldn't know the difference anyway.

  14. #44

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    1845 Sugarcube Ln., Ponyville, Equestria
    Posts
    556

    Re: Doctor Who

    Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Absolutely not!! Star Wars and Star Trek are American, not British. So correctly, it should be said :Star Wars and Star Trek carry with it, YEARS of, assumed dorky nerdism as well as lame AMERICAN sci-fi.
    Maybe I should of put that in my post. I sort of assumed people would switch out 'British' with 'American'. Whoops :P

    Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Of course, is the Doctor has recently regenerated, he actually could be ANYBODY who has gone past you with a random person from the crowd, and you wouldn't know the difference anyway.
    Now that is still being debated. An episode from the 1970's stated the Doctor can only regenerate 12 times before he can regenerate no more. Of course if the Doctor cannot regenerate, that means no more Doctor Who, which in turn displeases the Whoovian fans and BBC's wallets, so I think the newer version of Doctor Who changed things up a bit. Heck, they already changed the Daleks, Cybermen, Sonic Screwdriver, and TARDIS interior/exterior, so that 12 regeneration rule might of changed, so possibly a later regeneration of the Doctor could be walking around Disneyland. Which can make one excited for their next trip to Disneyland.

    Speaking of which, isn't it a running gag for people to go out in the middle of a crowded place and shout out for the Doctor with every person giving them strange looks? Maybe then we could find our Doctor. Of course we would also have to keep an eye for for past incarnations as well. You know, space and time travel that goes all wibbly wobbly all over the place.



    Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

  15. #45

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,542

    Re: Doctor Who

    Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    Remember, Disney recently just acquired Star Wars and Indiana Jones. It was not owned by Disney until starting last year.
    It was a couple of months ago, actually. The question wasn’t when Disney acquired them. The question was, “how are they more Disney?”. There were people criticizing Disney for putting products that were only licensed into the parks. There are not licensed anymore. They are now owned and part of the Disney family. That makes them more Disney than Dr. Who.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Doctor Who (On Sci-Fi Channel)
    By TraceCub in forum Disney Media Networks and TV Industry Discussion
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 01-07-2008, 01:56 PM
  2. Doctor Who Season 2
    By figment1986 in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 02:13 PM
  3. Doctor Who...
    By figment1986 in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-02-2006, 09:44 PM
  4. Doctor Who!
    By soundtracker in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2005, 03:05 PM
  5. Doctor Who
    By figment1986 in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 08:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •