• Meh, could be cool...

10 16.13%
  • No! Terrible idea

38 61.29%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who

• Sock Puppet

Doctor Who

I don't know if this is just my Fan-ness coming out, but I think that a Doctor Who/Disneyland team-up would be excellent. I could just see them doing something like summer of hidden mysteries where at random points throughout the day you could see The Doctor running around saving the day and battling Daleks. Or perhaps a walkthrough/ridethrough attraction that takes you on a Doctor Who adventure. Thoughts anyone?

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Doctor Who

I never could get into Doctor Who, so I am going to say no.

• Banned User

Name:  31056298.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  102.0 KB

• formerly very helpful

I voted yes, but then I read your description. In this regard, I'd say no. I thought you were talking about a Dr. Who story/comic/episode/book/whatever that took place at Disneyland. In that case, a join up could be fun. But not an actual presence in the park for real. Like mixing peanut butter and chicken soup. I like them both, but they don't go together.

• Mostly Harmless.

I'd say it's a bit more like mixing fish and custard. But, I think that a Doctor Who attraction belongs on the right coast. More specifically EPCOT Center, UK pavilion.
    Last edited by Coastierox; 01-03-2013 at 04:40 AM.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Not on the Jedi Council

I love Doctor Who well enough I did this image for a newsletter, but I would have to agree with sbk1234 that while I could see an episode set at the park, I don't know that the Doctor would work as an attraction at the park. I don't know that Who has enough of an American fan base to make it work. Sorry....

Name:  cover2_small.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  89.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Love the Doctor. Heck, that was the T-Shirt I wore to my first Disneyland birthday ever.

I would love to see a Doctor Who themed ride with well done effects and animatronics, but I feel that Disneyland just isn't the right place to do it. Hollywood Studios in Orlando, Florida could be a place, but in my mind, I believe it belongs back in its homeland of England. Possibly Alton Towers? (Or any other amusement park located in the United Kingdom. Or maybe Spain as another possibility? Spain is a very popular tourist destination of many British people, which could explain why the original Euro Disneyland (AKA Disneyland Paris) was originally going to be built in Spain. Good weather, steady flow of tourists, etc.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I really want to see a Doctor Who inspired ride. Just not in the Disneyland park. But still...the thought of there being no Doctor Who ride in the world...makes me feel...

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Missing my AP

Name:  ttfn.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  10.4 KB
    "...It's dead wore out I be...a might too fast these light footed wenches be, for the likes of an old swagbellied pirate such as I..."

"*click-click-click-click-click-click-click.......sploosh!!*"(Sir Didymus)

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I'm a Who fan... but Who in Disneyland? No. Not only does it not fit, but Disney doesn't own the rights to the franchise and lord love a duck do not give them any ideas to go run out and buy up that like they did Marvel and Star Wars.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Inappropriate

Two of my favorite things! However I don't feel like they go together. Maybe at the most they could put a TARDIS on the sidewalk in the UK pavilion in Epcot. Most guests would just see a blue police box. But we would know....we would know

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by SwankbelliedPirate View Post
    Name:  ttfn.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  10.4 KB
    I have this on a t-shirt! I wore it last month to WDW and I had several CM's ask where I got it.

I am a HUGE Doctor Who fan, but I'm thinking if Disney were to do any kind of attraction based on the show, it would be best suited in the UK pavilion at Epcot. For me even just a police box/TARDIS or a weeping angels statue setup in a quiet corner as a photo op for guests would be enough. They do sell Doctor Who merchandise at the UK pavilion now (just a few shirts, but I was told by Steven Miller, Disney's merchandising manager, that he tries all the time to convince the development group to carry more Who items - he's a big fan of the show himself).

• Sock Puppet

I just meant for Disneyland Tomorrowland as an example. I agree with PizzaPants with the UK pavilion at EPCOT. I personally think it fits Tomorrowland more than any Star Wars ride.

I love DW (ahh Tennant!), but I do not think it would be a good idea or a feasible one, even though the good Doctor is becoming quite popular here State-side. Now, if they put a TARDIS at Epcot or something, that would be fun. But anything else? Nah.

I wonder if Universal would go for it, though. Seems better suited to that kind of thing.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

I dunno, I don't think it would be such a bad idea o___o

Why does everyone think it would not fit at Disneyland? DW is a sci-fi/fantasy show. It could be a really cool E-Ticket ride in Tomorrowland (or maybe Fantasyland). I mean, come on, time traveling is way cool (and futuristic). Before Disney acquired it, the Star Wars universe did not technically fit at Disneyland either. I believe if done right, a DW attraction at Disneyland would be pretty cool. Imagine a Forbidden Journey type attraction but for DW. That would be amazing!

Would this all be feasible? Probably not. But this is a 'what if' thread so why not have some fun and imagine a team up of Disneyland and DW? I think it would be pretty cool to have a DW attraction at Disneyland!

• Team Hail HYDRA

Doctor Who Wekends coming this summer

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast