Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Suggestions for a romantic February trip?

My husband and I will be visiting during the first part of February, specifically because Fantasmic! is dark and the Rivers of America and New Orleans Square will have that ambience we both remember when we would visit when we were dating.

Since this will be a romantic trip, I was hoping to see what other romantic suggestions I could elicit from everyone.

I would particularly love opinions on an outdoor dining location: Café Orleans, French Market, or Riverbelle Terrace? (no interest in the Blue Bayou after the last fiasco, and Club 33 is never going to happen!)

Any other suggestions? We'd like to really have a very nostalgic, quiet visit.

Thanks in advance! If you see a couple walking along the river hand in hand, that might be us.
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

Re: Suggestions for a romantic February trip?

Carthay Circle for lunch is something I would go try. Cafe Orleans for dinner is also recommended (Reservations required. Just walk up to them and ask for one before Dinner actually starts and reserve a time). Drinking hot tea during dinner while out on a cold evening is always nice. However I always find Carnation Cafe nice. While next to Main Street, the dim lighting and background music makes for a nice dinner. Especially with a cup of hot tea. (Yes I drink a lot of tea at Disneyland)

For quiet areas, there's the far corner of the Hungry Bear Restaurant's balcony. Not sure if it is open during that time as I have never been there during the night and only the day. Another quiet spot is a small not really hidden but hidden walkway over Splash Mountain. It's right above the bend where the logs come down from the final drop.

I'm not sure if this is your thing, but I do find it very relaxing to ride the Railroad late at night, first car behind the engine. Hardly anybody on the train, cool breeze coming at you, feeling the gentle rock of the cars, and hearing the sounds of a steam engine at work. The again that's me, because I don't know a lot of people who find listening to a loud blow down or water take on relaxing.

There is also a rather quiet spot. It's in between Big Thunder Mountain's entrance and Big Thunder Ranch. Around that bridge area running across the old Bear Creek.

Uh...I got nothing else. Sorry, I'm not good at knowing much romantic stuff, but I tried my best.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Selfie Expert

Bongo has some awesome suggestions.

I would second his suggestion for Carthay Circle. I have not yet been, but I very much want to. From the TRs there, it looks like a pretty romantic restaurant!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

I think you're right about the French Market @ night when the band is playing. Walking through the mountain part of carsland. Riding Big Thunder (if it 's open in Feb). Walking behind Big Thunder toward fantasyland. Riding the carousel in Fantasyland at night. The ride that's right in the middle of the path (if you can both fit in one car) in Tomorrowland. Sitting in the Rancho del Zocalo seating area when it's nearly empty eating an ice cream or dole whip. Preferably under the heating lamps! Ride on Pirates. I've never been in storybook land canal boats but plan on it this trip. Riding one of the boats on Rivers of America.(sorry I can't seem to use the Enter button... ) Happy planning!

BTW we found Café Orleans to be too cold in the afternoon, let alone at night. It depends how bundled you are or if they can seat you inside I suppose... We didn't particularly care for their food though...

My husband has expressed an interest in the River Belle Terrace for dinner. I've only ever had breakfast there... Can anyone describe their dinner experiences? Is priority seating available?

Other questions: are there any quiet places in Tomorrowland? Like, at all? The only thing I can even think of is in the middle of Autopia. Also, is the Tinkerbelle area open at night?

I'm assuming from the updates I've read here lately that the pass between Fantasyland and Frontierland won't be open. Is that a fair assumption?

• formerly very helpful

Pixie Hollow is open at night, but there are no characters there, so it can be fairly quiet.

Since it is southern California, February weather can actually run the gammut, so you may luck out with some good weather, and not too cold.

One of my favorite outside restaurants is the barbeque place in Frontierland, behind Big Thunder. It's a bit pricey, but it's all you can eat, and the food is good. They have entertainment, as well.

Other romantic ideas:
    A nice stroll down Main Street, hand-in-hand.
    Listening to some live music, usually in Main Street or New Orleans Square.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by second blue teacup View Post
    My husband has expressed an interest in the River Belle Terrace for dinner. I've only ever had breakfast there... Can anyone describe their dinner experiences? Is priority seating available?
    Priority seating is an old term, besides they don't take reservations. It's Counter Service. It has indoor and outdoor seating. The outdoor seating is slightly elevated over the walkway and a fairly nice place.

Other questions: are there any quiet places in Tomorrowland? Like, at all? The only thing I can even think of is in the middle of Autopia. Also, is the Tinkerbelle area open at night?
    Inside Innoventions, not a joke. The pool next to the Tinkerbelle area, Pixie Hollow, has a little light show in it. It's usually a quiet area at night.

I'm assuming from the updates I've read here lately that the pass between Fantasyland and Frontierland won't be open. Is that a fair assumption?
    Not on weekdays but it should be on weekends.

we are going the week AFTER valentines, more so to miss the giant rush of people there for that holiday. however it appears that our week will be busier. Im planning on proposing so i really could not care less how busy the place is or isnt right then

• Disneymom

My hubby and I did a romantic trip a few years ago for our anniversary. We ate at the French Market and loved it. They made it romantic for us. They gave us a free dessert too. It was a wonderful trip and our first and only trip without kids. I hope we can go again alone sometime. This weekend is our 23rd anniversary and I am so looking forward to it. Hubby has made plans but I don't know what they are. Enjoy your romantic trip and have fun. Walk hand in hand and just enjoy each others company, and beat each other's butt on BLYAB. haha.

• Sock Puppet

Out of the restaurants you listed,the one that I personally think is the best has to be Cafe Orleans. If you have never eaten there before I highly reccomend the Monte' Cristo sandwich, and the Pommes Fries are to die for!With Cafe Orleans, you always want to reserve ahead of time, as the benches around it often get very crowded and wait times can be very long, also, with how the weather in SoCal has been lately, you don't want to be waiting out in the frigid cold. Here is the reservations number: (714) 781-3463
    (Me being a mere teen, I have no buisness in the romance category, so I will just stick to the restaurant category) Here is the menu for Cafe' Orleans (if you don't know it already.)
    The all day menu:

http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/med...nu10012012.pdf
    The Desert Menu:
    http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/med...nu10012012.pdf

Out of your other listings, the only other restaurant that I really have experience with is the French Market. With this place, it really is either a hit or miss (Or at least it was the last few times I visited it) and I wouldn't reccomend it as much as Cafe Orleans. One great thing about the french market though is that it does have a live band. I would give you a link to their menu, but unfortunately, Disney does not publish the menus for non sit down restaurants.

Whatever you choose to do, just remember to have fun!
    Last edited by Disneylandfan67; 01-14-2013 at 05:43 PM. Reason: fixed the formating of my post

Quote Originally Posted by lou_mom View Post
    My hubby and I did a romantic trip a few years ago for our anniversary. We ate at the French Market and loved it. They made it romantic for us. They gave us a free dessert too. It was a wonderful trip and our first and only trip without kids. I hope we can go again alone sometime. This weekend is our 23rd anniversary and I am so looking forward to it. Hubby has made plans but I don't know what they are. Enjoy your romantic trip and have fun. Walk hand in hand and just enjoy each others company, and beat each other's butt on BLYAB. haha.
    You two are awesome! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan67 View Post
    Out of the restaurants you listed,the one that I personally think is the best has to be Cafe Orleans. If you have never eaten there before I highly recommend the Monte' Cristo sandwich, and the Pommes Fries are to die for!With Cafe Orleans, you always want to reserve ahead of time, as the benches around it often get very crowded and wait times can be very long, also, with how the weather in SoCal has been lately, you don't want to be waiting out in the frigid cold.

Whatever you choose to do, just remember to have fun!
    Thanks!!!

We have eaten at Café Orleans before, and we definitely love it. After the debacle last year with Blue Bayou, I think I'd much prefer Café Orleans to Blue Bayou.

I think my husband wants to do the Riverbelle Terrace because of one of our earlier dates way back in Ancient Times, LOL.

Well, it's getting closer and we are both getting excited!

Hope you find seating, especially outdoors if you want to eat there. I remember I had to trek into the Frontierland seating section in between the Riverbelle Terrace and the Golden Horseshoe (A little closer to the horse shoe) just to eat a sandwich I bought from the RT. And don't get me started on how I forgot milk and sugar for my coffee and had to trek back

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    Hope you find seating, especially outdoors if you want to eat there. I remember I had to trek into the Frontierland seating section in between the Riverbelle Terrace and the Golden Horseshoe (A little closer to the horse shoe) just to eat a sandwich I bought from the RT. And don't get me started on how I forgot milk and sugar for my coffee and had to trek back
    LOL That would be my husband, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by second blue teacup View Post
    My husband and I will be visiting during the first part of February, specifically because Fantasmic!
    I believe Fantasmic is down in early February. I put my trip off until the 15th for it.

Disneyland Refurbishment Schedule

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast