• Hooter!

Inquiry for birthday ideas please.

Hi all, I'm going to be taking my girlfriend to Disneyland for her birthday and I'm looking for a certain magical touch. We are AP holders, but don't frequent too much so there is presumably uncharted ideas that we may not know of. I've looked into the napa rose or even blue bayou, but I'm looking for something a little more ... different lol. We're in our mid 20s but anything and everything is welcomed as a suggestion. Help me MiceChat!

Re: Inquiry for birthday ideas please.

Just hoping you get some ideas. We are going for my son's 10th bday. Although he's been to the park many times, never on a bday.

• La Reine Lézard

For my 18th birthday in November, we had breakfast at Goofy's kitchen at about 7am and spent a long rest of the day in the park.

about a 2 1/2 hour plane ride away from the happiest place on earth

Will you be staying on property? I went for my 21st birthday and my parents had a birthday cake delivered to the room. We were staying at the Disneyland Hotel. It was totally unexpected and fun.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Don't forget to get her It's my Birthday button

• D'land Visitor since '57

A few years ago for my birthday I got to drive the Mark Twain around the Rivers of America from the pilot house! All we did was to ask the cast member on the dock if we could go up there. Now, the CMs will allow a small party to ride from the pilot house every trip if there is room, but seeing my "birthday button" certainly contributed to his saying "Yes."
    Proud member of Team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Gumball Rally Team Spirit Award.

It might be fun to get "Premium Viewing" for a show like Fantasmic! or World of Color. The website didn't offer a lot of information about it, but you can call and ask about it at (714) 781-SHOW. Taking her on one of the Guided Tours would also be great. Guided Tours | Disneyland Resort
    I've also heard great things about the UV bar in Downtown Disney and Trader Sam's by the Disneyland Hotel. I hope you and your girlfriend have a great trip!

These are all great. Any other ideas out there? I will be also celebrating a birthday at DLR this coming weekend. I even booked a room at the Disneyland Hotel! I hope I receive the birthday basket in the hotel room.

I was thinking about reserving at Carthay Circle since we haven't eaten there yet, but he said he doesn't want anything to expense (he mentioned Blue Bayou where we previously ate). Any other Disneyland/DCA food locations that serve birthday treats?

If it's any help, you could read a Trip Report I did back in August of 2012 on my first birthday spent at Disneyland Resort. While it doesn't go into how to enjoy your own birthday, it may inspire you to do or find some things you may not of thought about.

My First Birthday Spent at Disneyland Resort (Warning: Many Sort-if-ish-Big Pictures)

PS: Carnation Cafe is great for dinner. Rather inexpensive too. Every time I go, I only spend around $20. Plus, since it's your birthday, you will recieve a complementary ice cream scoop and birthday chant. For example, I would usually have 1 starter and 1 main course because after that I just cannot eat anymore. I would have the Bacon Potato Soup ($6) paired with Chicken Fried Chicken ($15) and that totals out to roughly $21, and that is not including AP discounts. So Carnation Cafe is highly suggested.

Also you don't have to reserve seating for dinner at Carthay Circle. I take advantage of their walk-in lunches. It's during lunch time when you just walk in, tell them how many in your party, and then they seat you. However I've had instances where Carthay was full and wouldn't take anyone else. But then again maybe it was because I was a bit late and was nearing the end of the lunch hours. It also doesn't get too expensive if you eat light. A usual combo for saving your wallet would be the House Biscuits and a Salad/Desert.

Any more questions? We'd be glad to answer them and help out!

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5